Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Dragon's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Running away from the car accident.
(b) Walking toward home.
(c) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(d) Looking for a telephone.
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(b) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(d) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
3. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
(a) That he never sent child support payments to Dido.
(b) That he didn't even know she existed.
(c) That Dido refused to take money from him for Angela.
(d) That he doesn't really care about what she's experienced.
4. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(b) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(c) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(d) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
2. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
3. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
4. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
5. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)