|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Foreign Relations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
(b) Wait in the car for Angela.
(c) Pick Angela up in an hour.
(d) Come back later with Angela.
2. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(b) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(c) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(d) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
3. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
(a) "The Mysterious Chase."
(b) "Angela Roland."
(c) "The Great Chase."
(d) "The Great Mystery."
4. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(b) She is manipulative by nature.
(c) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
5. How does Chapter 8 end?
(a) Tycho drives away and leaves Angela alone.
(b) Angela gets out of the car, changes her mind, and gets back in.
(c) Tycho falls asleep while waiting for Angela to come back.
(d) Angela gets out of the car and walks toward her father's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
2. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
3. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
4. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
5. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)