|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Foreign Relations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
(a) That if Tycho won't support her plan, she will just come back another day.
(b) That the friendship will be over if Tycho doesn't support her plan.
(c) That she respects his opinion, and if he wants to leave, she will still be his friend regardless.
(d) That she will spread gossip about Tycho if he doesn't go along with the plan.
2. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband hit the baby.
(b) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(c) She actually hit her husband.
(d) Her husband isn't even home.
3. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
4. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(b) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(c) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
(d) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
5. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
(a) Huge but ugly.
(b) An elegant warehouse.
(c) Boring and efficiently laid out.
(d) A pink-and-cream structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
2. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
3. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
4. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
5. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)