|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Foreign Relations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He is polite.
(b) He is hostile and rude.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
2. How does Angela rationalize her father's reaction to seeing her?
(a) She thinks perhaps she is mistaken and the man isn't really her father.
(b) She convinces herself that her father didn't recognize her.
(c) She convinces herself that her father is just shocked to see her.
(d) She says it is understandable that he wouldn't acknowledge her in public.
3. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(d) Good at sports.
4. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
(b) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(c) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(d) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
5. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) At the library.
(b) In his office.
(c) Walking on the street with a young woman.
(d) Walking on the street with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
2. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
3. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
4. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
5. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)