|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Foreign Relations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
(a) That Roland wasn't aware of her existence.
(b) That Dido has kept in contact with him all these years.
(c) That Roland's children are aware of Angela.
(d) That Roland is not married and has no children.
2. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) He will see Angela again.
(c) He can leave home for good.
(d) He has to go to work.
3. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(b) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
(c) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
(d) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
4. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(b) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(c) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
(d) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
5. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(b) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(c) She is manipulative by nature.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
2. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
3. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
5. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)