|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She has broken up with Robin.
(c) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
(d) She is a virgo.
2. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(b) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(c) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(d) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
3. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(b) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
(c) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(d) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
4. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(b) Usual spot.
(c) Cafe near the school.
5. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
(a) He is afraid that if he doesn't go along, the friendship will be ruined.
(b) He knows she is serious, but he won't help her because it goes against his conscience.
(c) He doesn't believe she will do what she says she will.
(d) He knows she is serious, so he agrees to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
2. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
3. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
4. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
5. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)