|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
(a) Tycho thinks Angela will not be satisfied until she finds out the truth, so he supports her plan.
(b) Tycho doesn't like the idea at all.
(c) Tycho doesn't like the idea and refuses to help.
(d) Tycho says that the plan is just plain silly.
2. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
(b) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(c) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
(d) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
3. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(b) A taxi ride to the bar.
(c) Drinks at the bar.
(d) A gift for him.
4. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't know his last name.
(b) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(c) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
(d) She doesn't love him.
5. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
(a) Tycho believes Angela is kidding herself.
(b) Tycho thinks Angela is lying to him.
(c) Tycho thinks Angela's explanation makes sense.
(d) Tycho believes Angela will not go through with the plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
2. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
3. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
4. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
5. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)