|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 8 end?
(a) Tycho drives away and leaves Angela alone.
(b) Angela gets out of the car, changes her mind, and gets back in.
(c) Angela gets out of the car and walks toward her father's office.
(d) Tycho falls asleep while waiting for Angela to come back.
2. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) Richard spread lies about him.
(b) His father is disabled.
(c) His mother is mean.
(d) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
3. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(b) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(c) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(d) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
4. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is manipulative by nature.
(b) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
(c) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(d) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
5. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
2. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
3. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
4. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
5. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)