|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
(a) He knows she is serious, but he won't help her because it goes against his conscience.
(b) He doesn't believe she will do what she says she will.
(c) He knows she is serious, so he agrees to help.
(d) He is afraid that if he doesn't go along, the friendship will be ruined.
2. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
3. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(b) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
(c) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(d) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
4. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(b) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(c) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(d) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
2. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
3. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
4. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
5. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)