|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(b) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(c) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(d) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
2. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is manipulative by nature.
(b) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(c) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
3. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't know his last name.
(b) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
(c) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(d) She doesn't love him.
4. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
5. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Come back later with Angela.
(b) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
(c) Wait in the car for Angela.
(d) Pick Angela up in an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
2. How does Chapter 8 end?
3. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
4. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
5. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)