|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(b) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
(c) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(d) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
2. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(b) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
(c) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
(d) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
3. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) Drinks at the bar.
(b) A gift for him.
(c) A taxi ride to the bar.
(d) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
4. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
(a) Have a bath.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Wash her hair.
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(b) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(c) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(d) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
2. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
3. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
4. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
5. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)