|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Step Up in the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(b) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(c) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(d) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
2. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(b) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(c) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(d) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
3. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(b) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(c) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
(d) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
4. How does Chapter 8 end?
(a) Tycho falls asleep while waiting for Angela to come back.
(b) Angela gets out of the car, changes her mind, and gets back in.
(c) Tycho drives away and leaves Angela alone.
(d) Angela gets out of the car and walks toward her father's office.
5. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Fallen angels.
(b) Vodka twists.
(c) Broken angels.
(d) Falling stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
2. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
3. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
4. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
5. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)