Chapter 1, Moonshine
1. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) The sound of a lawn mower.
(b) Moonlight through the window.
(d) A cat meowing.
2. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother scything the grass.
(b) Her mother talking to herself.
(c) Her mother mowing the grass.
(d) Her mother playing the harp.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
5. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her car.
(b) In her nightgown.
(c) In her underwear.
(d) In her jogging suit.
6. Angela's mother's name is ____.
7. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) Like a fairy tale.
(b) Like a movie.
(c) An accident.
8. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was moving to Wales.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He was married.
(d) He didn't know she was pregnant.
This section contains 6,712 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)