|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pierce?
2. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
3. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
4. Who is Simon Conklin?
5. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
2. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
3. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
4. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
5. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
6. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
7. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
8. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
9. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
10. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Isabella described by Thomas Pierce? What does Alex Cross find in Pierce's apartment that gives him a better understanding of Pierce's love for Isabella?
Essay Topic 2
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 3
How do Cross and Sampson work together as partners? Do they seem to have a good relationship? How can you tell?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)