|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
2. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
3. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
4. Who discovers Nana in the street?
5. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
2. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
3. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
4. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
5. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
6. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
7. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
8. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
9. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
10. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 2
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)