|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Soneji's recurring nightmare take place?
2. How long has Cross known Craig?
3. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
4. Who is Simon Conklin?
5. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
2. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
3. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
4. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
5. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
6. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
7. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
8. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
9. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
10. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)