|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
2. Cross says to blame Craig for what in Chapter 102?
3. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
4. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
5. How does Craig characterize Pierce in Chapter 104?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
2. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
3. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
4. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
5. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
6. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
7. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
8. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
9. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
10. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
Essay Topic 2
How do Cross and Sampson work together as partners? Do they seem to have a good relationship? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)