|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
2. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
3. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
4. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
5. How old is Pierce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
2. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
3. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
4. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
5. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
6. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
7. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
8. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
9. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
10. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)