|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
2. Where does Pierce place the body of Anthony Bruno?
3. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
4. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
5. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the cellar in Soneji's life. What does his nightmare with the cellar begin, and how does he feel when he is free from the cellar?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)