|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Simon Conklin?
2. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
3. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
4. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
5. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
2. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
3. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
4. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
5. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
6. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
7. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
9. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
10. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 2
How does having the AIDS virus fuel Soneji's rage and desire to make others pay for what he sees as his undeserved death? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What happens the night of the celebration surprise party in the Cross home? How does Nana find help for the family? What is the extent of the family's injuries?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)