|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
2. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
3. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
4. What does Pierce receive at 2:15 AM when he is searching for Sante?
5. Where does Martin Straw live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
2. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
3. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
4. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
5. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
6. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
7. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
8. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
9. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
10. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 2
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
Essay Topic 3
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)