|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
2. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
3. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
4. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
5. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
Essay Topic 1
How does having the AIDS virus fuel Soneji's rage and desire to make others pay for what he sees as his undeserved death? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)