|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martin Straw live?
2. What is cyanosis?
3. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
4. What evidence from the Cross attack do police find near the cellar?
5. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
2. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
3. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
4. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
5. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
6. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
7. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
8. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
9. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
10. Describe Soneji's final moments.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does having the AIDS virus fuel Soneji's rage and desire to make others pay for what he sees as his undeserved death? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)