|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
2. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
3. What does Pierce receive at 2:15 AM when he is searching for Sante?
4. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
5. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
2. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
3. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
4. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
5. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
6. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
7. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
8. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
9. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
10. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
Essay Topic 2
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)