|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
2. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
3. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
4. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
5. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
2. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
3. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
4. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
5. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
6. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
7. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
8. Describe Soneji's final moments.
9. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
10. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Isabella described by Thomas Pierce? What does Alex Cross find in Pierce's apartment that gives him a better understanding of Pierce's love for Isabella?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)