|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
2. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
3. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
4. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
5. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Soneji's final moments.
2. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
3. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
4. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
5. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
6. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
7. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
8. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
9. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
10. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 2
What happens the night of the celebration surprise party in the Cross home? How does Nana find help for the family? What is the extent of the family's injuries?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)