Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
2. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
3. What does Pierce steal in Bay Head, New Jersey?
4. What is Pierce's occupation?
5. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)