|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
2. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
3. How old is Sante?
4. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
5. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
2. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
3. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
4. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
5. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
6. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
7. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
8. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
9. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
10. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)