|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
2. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
3. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
4. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
5. What does Pierce request from Soneji's grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
2. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
3. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
4. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
5. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
6. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
7. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
8. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
9. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
10. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)