|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
2. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
3. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
4. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
5. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
2. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
3. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
4. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
5. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
6. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
7. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
8. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
9. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
10. Describe Soneji's final moments.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens the night of the celebration surprise party in the Cross home? How does Nana find help for the family? What is the extent of the family's injuries?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is Isabella described by Thomas Pierce? What does Alex Cross find in Pierce's apartment that gives him a better understanding of Pierce's love for Isabella?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)