|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Soneji describe the Metroliner train in Chapter 7?
2. What has Soneji been practicing since he was a boy?
3. Cross asks a "techie" about what item that he finds in Goldman's bedroom?
4. What name is given to Room 111 at the Cross children's school?
5. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
2. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
3. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
4. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
5. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
6. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
7. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
8. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
9. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
10. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)