|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
2. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
3. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
4. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
5. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
2. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
3. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
4. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
5. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
6. What is Soneji's state of mind when he arrives at Penn Station?
7. Describe Pierce's appearance.
8. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
9. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
10. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)