|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
2. What time of day is it when Soneji comes up from Detective Goldman's basement and sees the clock on the Sony television?
3. What does Cross bring to Christine on their second date?
4. How does Jannie answer when Cross calls home from New York City in Chapter 44?
5. What does Nana tell Cross to do about Christine in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
2. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
3. Describe Pierce's appearance.
4. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
5. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
6. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
7. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
8. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
9. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
10. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 3
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)