|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The newspaper stories Kyle faxes to Cross in Chapter 37 are about whom?
2. How is the day described when Alex Cross drops his children off at school?
3. What is the name of the school that the Cross children attend?
4. Soneji changes his hair to what color so he cannot be easily identified on the Metroliner?
5. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
2. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
3. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
4. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
5. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
6. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
7. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
8. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
9. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
10. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the cellar in Soneji's life. What does his nightmare with the cellar begin, and how does he feel when he is free from the cellar?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)