|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, what is the color of the upstairs walls?
2. What does Nana tell Cross to do about Christine in Chapter 23?
3. What does Soneji use to kill Detective Goldman?
4. How does Soneji describe the Metroliner train in Chapter 7?
5. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
2. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
3. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
4. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
5. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
6. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
7. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
8. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
9. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
10. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the cellar in Soneji's life. What does his nightmare with the cellar begin, and how does he feel when he is free from the cellar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
Essay Topic 3
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)