Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
2. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
3. Where does Cross meet Christine in New York City?
4. What color eyes does Christine Johnson have?
5. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
2. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
3. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
4. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
5. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
6. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
7. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
8. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
9. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
10. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)