|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
2. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
3. Cross says Soneji has told him in an interview that he did what as a young boy?
4. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
5. What is Christine planning to have for dinner before she agrees to go out to eat with Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
2. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
3. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
4. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
5. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
6. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
7. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
8. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
9. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce?
10. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)