|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
2. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
3. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
4. What color hair does Thomas Pierce have?
5. What does Cross bring to Christine on their second date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
2. Describe Pierce's appearance.
3. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
4. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
5. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
6. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
7. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
8. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
9. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
10. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 2
How do Cross and Sampson work together as partners? Do they seem to have a good relationship? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)