|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
2. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
3. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
4. What does Cross say about the door to the room from which Soneji's rifle is being fired in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
2. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
3. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
4. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
5. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
6. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
7. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
8. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
9. Describe Pierce's appearance.
10. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
Essay Topic 3
How is Isabella described by Thomas Pierce? What does Alex Cross find in Pierce's apartment that gives him a better understanding of Pierce's love for Isabella?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)