|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when Soneji comes up from Detective Goldman's basement and sees the clock on the Sony television?
2. The knife that Soneji carries in Penn Station has what kind of handle?
3. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
4. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
5. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
2. Describe Pierce's appearance.
3. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
4. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
5. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
6. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
7. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
8. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
9. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
10. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)