|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cross returns home after working on the Penn Station killings, what does he find in the refrigerator?
2. How many shots are fired from Soneji's rifle each time it goes off in Chapter 11?
3. Cross says Soneji has told him in an interview that he did what as a young boy?
4. How is Detective Manning Goldman described in Chapter 22?
5. What is special about the day for Soneji in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
2. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
3. What is Detective Gorza's view of his partner, Detective Goldman?
4. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
5. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
6. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
7. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
8. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
9. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
10. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce yells to Cross, "Let Smith kill Pierce!" How does Pierce try to let Smith kill him? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)