|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cross asks a "techie" about what item that he finds in Goldman's bedroom?
2. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
3. What color eyes does Christine Johnson have?
4. The knife that Soneji carries in Penn Station has what kind of handle?
5. In what month does Christine's husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
2. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
3. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
4. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
5. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
6. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
7. What does Cross say he likes about Christine while they are having dinner?
8. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
9. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
10. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 2
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the cellar in Soneji's life. What does his nightmare with the cellar begin, and how does he feel when he is free from the cellar?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)