|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Chet Elliott work?
3. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
4. Where does Sondra Greenberg work?
5. In what month does Christine's husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
2. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
3. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
4. What does Cross say he likes about Christine while they are having dinner?
5. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
6. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
7. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
8. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
9. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
10. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)