|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cross, Soneji was into what, "like a lot of psychos?"
2. What has Nana taught Cross to play?
3. What time of day is it when Soneji comes up from Detective Goldman's basement and sees the clock on the Sony television?
4. What is Christine planning to have for dinner before she agrees to go out to eat with Cross?
5. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
2. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
3. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
4. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
5. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
6. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
7. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
8. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
9. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
10. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of trains to Soneji? Why did he steal his stepbrother's train set and bury it? How do the murders in the train stations make him feel as though he is taking back his power?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)