|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
2. Soneji changes his hair to what color so he cannot be easily identified on the Metroliner?
3. How old is Goldman?
4. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
5. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
2. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
3. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
4. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
5. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
6. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
7. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
8. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
9. What is Soneji's state of mind when he arrives at Penn Station?
10. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens the night of the celebration surprise party in the Cross home? How does Nana find help for the family? What is the extent of the family's injuries?
Essay Topic 2
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)