|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
2. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
3. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
4. Who is Soneji's first victim in Penn Station?
5. What disease does Soneji get in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Soneji's final moments.
2. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
3. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
4. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
5. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
6. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
7. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
8. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
9. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
10. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Mr. Smith. What rituals does he follow while he kills his victims? How do his murders reveal his medical training?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)