|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book that Cross tries to read while at the New York Marriott Hotel?
2. How many people has Mr. Smith killed?
3. Where does Sondra Greenberg work?
4. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
5. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
2. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
3. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
4. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
5. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
6. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
7. What is Soneji's state of mind when he arrives at Penn Station?
8. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
9. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
10. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of trains to Soneji? Why did he steal his stepbrother's train set and bury it? How do the murders in the train stations make him feel as though he is taking back his power?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soneji's and Cross' final confrontation. Where does it take place, and how difficult is it for Cross to defend himself? How is Soneji killed in the end?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)