|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
2. How does Jannie answer when Cross calls home from New York City in Chapter 44?
3. Whose blood is on Soneji's sniper rifle?
4. What is the name of the hotel where Soneji stays after committing the Penn Station murders?
5. What reaction does Cross get from Damon when he is about to leave for his date with Christine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
2. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
3. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
4. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
5. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
6. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
7. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
8. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
9. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
10. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
Essay Topic 1
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
Essay Topic 3
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)