|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Goldman and Carmine Groza?
2. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
3. Cross describes his older brother as what?
4. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
5. How many people has Mr. Smith killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
2. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
3. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
4. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
5. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
6. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
7. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
8. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
9. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
10. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in this novel. How does the author balance evil with scenes of "good" or happiness? Provide textual examples that reflect these themes.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)