|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
2. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
3. Where does Cross meet Christine in New York City?
4. What color eyes does Christine Johnson have?
5. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
2. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
3. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
4. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
5. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
6. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
7. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
8. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
9. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
10. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
Essay Topic 1
How do Cross and Sampson work together as partners? Do they seem to have a good relationship? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)