|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Soneji go when he enters the Cross' home?
2. What reaction does Cross get from Damon when he is about to leave for his date with Christine?
3. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
4. How old is Goldman?
5. In what month does Christine's husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
2. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
3. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
4. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
5. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
6. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
7. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
8. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
9. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
10. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Pierce believes he is smarter than Cross, as well as a better detective. Do you agree or disagree? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)