|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nana tell Cross to do about Christine in Chapter 23?
2. How does Gary Soneji react when he sees Alex Cross' house?
3. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
4. What does Soneji throw at a businessman passing him on a New York City street?
5. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
2. What is Detective Gorza's view of his partner, Detective Goldman?
3. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
4. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
5. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
6. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
7. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
8. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
9. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
10. What is Soneji's state of mind when he arrives at Penn Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot development of this novel. How does the author connect the two stories of Soneji and Mr. Smith?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)