|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
2. According to Cross, Soneji was into what, "like a lot of psychos?"
3. What is Soneji's wife's name?
4. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
5. What reaction does Cross get from Damon when he is about to leave for his date with Christine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
2. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
3. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
4. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
5. Where do Cross and Sampson find Soneji's daughter, Ronni?
6. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
7. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
8. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
9. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
10. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pierce Thomas. How do other characters respond to him? What does he think of himself? What fatal flaw does his character have?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Simon Conklin attack the Cross family? What does Soneji tell him that makes him fear for his own life? How does he pay for his crime?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)