|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
2. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
3. What is the title of the book that Cross tries to read while at the New York Marriott Hotel?
4. What does Sampson find in the doghouse at Soneji's ex-wife's house?
5. What is the name of the hotel where Soneji stays after committing the Penn Station murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
2. How does Soneji commit the murders in Penn Station?
3. What does Cross say he likes about Christine while they are having dinner?
4. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
5. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce?
6. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
7. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
8. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
9. Soneji thinks about what when he is in Alex Cross' basement?
10. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one setting of the novel. Discuss its importance to the plot and its affect on the characters. Provide specific setting details to support your idea.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)