|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
2. How does Soneji describe the Metroliner train in Chapter 7?
3. How many people has Mr. Smith killed?
4. What is one of the reasons the children believe the school is "their school?"
5. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Soneji's final moments.
2. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
3. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce?
4. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
5. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
6. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
7. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
8. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
9. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
10. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
Essay Topic 2
How do Cross and Sampson work together as partners? Do they seem to have a good relationship? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle Craig lead Pierce to believe Cross is in grave condition after his attack? How does he plan to trap Pierce? In what way does he involve Cross?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)