|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Thomas Pierce have?
2. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
3. How old is Goldman?
4. What does Soneji use to watch Cross at the school?
5. What is on the tip of the knife Soneji uses to kill his victims in Penn Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
2. Describe Christine's view of Damon Cross.
3. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
4. Soneji is confused about what when he wakes up in Detective Goldman's cellar?
5. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
6. Describe Detective Manning Goldman's appearance.
7. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
8. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
9. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
10. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of trains to Soneji? Why did he steal his stepbrother's train set and bury it? How do the murders in the train stations make him feel as though he is taking back his power?
Essay Topic 2
Alex Cross says that his children, Jannie and Damon, "heal him." Choose one or two textual examples to show how the children act in a nurturing way to Cross. How does he respond to their actions?
Essay Topic 3
What role(s) does Nana Mama play in Cross' life? Choose three textual examples that help identify her role(s) and her influence on Cross.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)