|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cross find Roni?
2. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
3. According to Cross, Soneji was into what, "like a lot of psychos?"
4. In Chapter 41, what is the color of the upstairs walls?
5. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well is Sojourner Truth School maintained?
2. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
3. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
4. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
5. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
6. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
7. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
8. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
9. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
10. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the cellar in Soneji's life. What does his nightmare with the cellar begin, and how does he feel when he is free from the cellar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Christine's and Alex's relationship throughout the novel. How does this relationship flourish, even through the terrible crimes that Cross has to investigate? How does Christine provide Alex with support and comfort? What does Alex seem to give to Christine?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Cross solves the puzzle of Pierce's/Smith's next victim. Who does Cross think the "S" victim will be? Why? How does it turn out differently?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)