|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A coke can.
(b) A milk bottle.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A toy gun.
2. Who is Simon Conklin?
(a) The Police Chief.
(b) An FBI investigator.
(c) A pilot.
(d) Soneji's childhood friend.
3. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(a) A friend.
(b) Attention and fame.
(c) A train set.
4. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
(b) 11:00 AM.
(c) 9:00 AM.
(d) 7:00 AM.
5. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
(b) Cross wants to talk to him.
(c) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
(d) Cross has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce's occupation?
2. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
3. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
4. What is cyanosis?
5. How long has Cross known Craig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
2. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
3. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
4. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
5. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
6. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
7. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
9. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
10. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)