|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has gone into a coma.
(c) He is awake and talking.
(d) He has amnesia.
2. What does a Slave scope do?
(a) Administers a liquid diet.
(b) Provides pulse, temperature, blood pressure, and EKG readings.
(c) Creates white noise for relaxation.
(d) Monitors sleep.
3. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) Provence Weekly News.
(b) French Gazette.
(c) London Times.
(d) Le Monde.
4. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
(a) Brigham Young Women's Hospital.
(b) Massachusetts General.
(c) Providence Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
5. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
2. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
3. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
4. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
5. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
2. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
3. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
4. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
5. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
6. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
7. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
8. Describe Soneji's final moments.
9. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
10. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)