|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(c) San Francisco.
2. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
(c) He is not in town.
(d) He does not attack children.
3. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) Laura Dixon.
(b) Kyle Craig.
(c) Thomas Pierce.
(d) John Sampson.
4. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A street person.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A doctor.
5. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A Walkie Talkie.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A police badge.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
2. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
3. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
4. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
5. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
2. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
3. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
4. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
5. Describe Soneji's final moments.
6. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
7. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
8. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
9. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
10. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)