|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
2. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(d) Restless and irritable.
3. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a dumbwaiter.
(b) In a factory building.
(c) In an old school.
(d) In a hotel room.
4. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
(a) Lost uniforms.
(b) A traffic jam.
(c) Spilled ink.
5. What evidence from the Cross attack do police find near the cellar?
(a) A fingerprint.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A dropped glove.
(d) A shoe print.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
2. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
3. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
4. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
5. What does a Slave scope do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
2. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
3. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
4. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
5. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
6. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
7. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
8. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
9. Describe Soneji's final moments.
10. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)