|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A toothbrush.
(c) A coke can.
(d) A toy gun.
2. How does Craig characterize Pierce in Chapter 104?
(a) As being innocent.
(b) As a cold-blooded killer.
(c) As being misrepresented.
(d) As a bumbler.
3. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(b) Friendly helper.
(d) Creative thinker.
4. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A police badge.
(b) A Walkie Talkie.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) A baby.
5. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Problem students.
(b) Too young to understand how to behave.
(c) Good writers and readers.
(d) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
2. How old is Pierce?
3. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
4. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
5. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
2. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
3. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
4. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
5. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
6. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
7. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
8. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
9. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
10. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)