|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pierce?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(d) San Francisco.
3. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
4. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
5. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(d) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
2. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
3. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
4. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
5. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
2. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
3. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
4. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
5. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
6. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
7. Describe Soneji's final moments.
8. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
9. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
10. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)