|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
(a) A nice pair of shoes.
(b) A car.
(c) A watch given to him by Isabella.
(d) A ring.
2. How does Soneji die?
(a) He falls from the train platform.
(b) He is electrocuted.
(c) He burns to death.
(d) He drowns.
3. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(d) San Francisco.
4. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
(a) An AIDS station.
(b) The Coroner's office.
(c) A bloodwork lab.
(d) A NYPD police station.
5. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(b) At the Eiffel Tower.
(c) At The Louvre.
(d) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
2. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
3. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
4. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
5. Who kills Pierce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
2. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
3. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
4. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
5. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
6. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
7. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
8. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
9. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
10. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)