|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(a) New York.
2. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He does not attack children.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He is not in town.
(d) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
3. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) The Cross case is not important.
(b) Trust me a little.
(c) You do not need me here.
(d) Get out of my way.
4. When does Cross get home after Pierce/Smith is killed?
(a) In time to say good night to his children.
(b) Lunch time.
(c) Before dinner.
(d) The next morning.
5. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
(a) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sante?
2. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
3. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
4. How long has Cross known Craig?
5. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
2. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
3. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
4. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
5. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
6. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
7. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
8. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
9. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
10. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)