|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
2. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(a) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
(b) Soup and bread.
(d) Rice and ham.
3. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has died.
(b) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
(c) Cross wants to talk to him.
(d) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
4. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A city bus.
5. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Slave scope do?
2. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
3. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
4. Where does Martin Straw live?
5. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross try to live his life differently after the Mr. Smith case is closed?
2. In Part 5, does Pierce know that Cross is out of the hospital?
3. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
4. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
5. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
6. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
7. Describe Soneji's final moments.
8. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
9. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
10. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)