|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Pierce?
(a) John Sampson.
(b) A Boston policeman.
(c) Alex Cross.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) He has a first edition copy.
(b) He takes his name from it.
(c) It is his father's favorite book.
(d) He has a copy signed by the author.
3. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(c) San Francisco.
4. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
5. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) Bon Secour.
(b) Washington Medical.
(c) St. George's.
(d) St. Anthony's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
2. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
3. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
4. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
5. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Soneji's state of mind as he hurries through Bellevue on his way to the fourth floor?
2. Is Abel Sante well-liked?
3. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
4. What happens to the Cross family the night of Cross' surprise party?
5. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
6. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
7. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
8. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
9. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
10. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)