|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Craig characterize Pierce in Chapter 104?
(a) As a bumbler.
(b) As being misrepresented.
(c) As a cold-blooded killer.
(d) As being innocent.
2. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
3. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(b) Restless and irritable.
4. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
(a) Asks politely for him to go down.
(b) Gets Sampson to bring him down.
(c) Pushes him down the stairs.
(d) Ties him up and brings him down.
5. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A junkie.
(b) A street person.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
2. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
3. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
4. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
5. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
2. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
3. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
4. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
5. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
6. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
7. Does Sampson become angry with Pierce for leaving to go to Paris?
8. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
9. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
10. What do Pierce and Sampson discover on Walter Murphy's farm?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)