|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(b) Thomas Pierce.
(c) Kyle Craig.
(d) The hospital staff.
2. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(a) A train set.
(b) Attention and fame.
(d) A friend.
3. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) It is his father's favorite book.
(b) He has a first edition copy.
(c) He has a copy signed by the author.
(d) He takes his name from it.
4. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) Provence Weekly News.
(b) Le Monde.
(c) French Gazette.
(d) London Times.
5. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
(a) Asks politely for him to go down.
(b) Pushes him down the stairs.
(c) Gets Sampson to bring him down.
(d) Ties him up and brings him down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
2. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
3. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
4. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
5. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
2. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
3. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
4. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
5. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
6. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
7. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
8. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
9. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
10. What is Sampson's reaction to the attack on Cross family?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)