|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) Get out of my way.
(b) You do not need me here.
(c) Trust me a little.
(d) The Cross case is not important.
2. When does Cross get home after Pierce/Smith is killed?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) In time to say good night to his children.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) The next morning.
3. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A coke can.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A toy gun.
4. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His head.
(b) His abdomen.
(c) His chest.
(d) His leg.
5. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Knock-knock jokes.
(b) Practical jokes.
(c) Space-visitor jokes.
(d) Crude jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
2. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
3. Who kills Pierce?
4. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
5. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
2. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
3. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
4. What does Cross notice about Pierce's apartment?
5. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
6. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
7. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
9. Describe Soneji's final moments.
10. What does Pierce remember about the unusual detail in his Cambridge foyer on the night Isabella is murdered?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)