|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(d) New York.
2. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
3. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) He has a first edition copy.
(b) He has a copy signed by the author.
(c) It is his father's favorite book.
(d) He takes his name from it.
4. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
(a) In a magazine.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) On a matchbox.
(d) On a poster in his and Isabella's foyer.
5. Who is Simon Conklin?
(a) A pilot.
(b) Soneji's childhood friend.
(c) The Police Chief.
(d) An FBI investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
2. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
3. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
4. What does a Slave scope do?
5. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Cross try to save Pierce from killing himself?
2. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
3. Why does Christine travel in an FBI sedan?
4. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
5. What does Sondra Greenberg think about Pierce?
6. Why do Sampson and Pierce travel to Princeton, NJ?
7. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
8. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
9. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
10. How does Mr. Smith interfere with Cross' time with his children in the grocery store?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)