|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A train.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A city bus.
(d) A car.
2. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
(a) 7:00 AM.
(c) 11:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
3. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
(a) Passing out treats to children.
(b) Serving meals.
(c) Playing piano at the annual Christmas celebration.
(d) Pro bono work.
4. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Space-visitor jokes.
(b) Practical jokes.
(c) Crude jokes.
(d) Knock-knock jokes.
5. Where does Martin Straw live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
2. Who is Simon Conklin?
3. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
4. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
5. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine like about Laura Dixon's first grade students?
2. Does Mr. Smith seem to know a lot about Abel Sante?
3. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
4. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
5. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
6. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
7. Is Cross expected to live after being attacked in his home?
8. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
9. What is Cross' reaction to his surprise party?
10. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)