|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
(a) A duffel bag.
(b) The murder weapon.
(c) A written confession for the police.
2. What does Soneji throw at a businessman passing him on a New York City street?
(a) His hat.
(b) A bag of food.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A rock.
3. What name is given to Room 111 at the Cross children's school?
(b) Artist's room.
(c) Blue room.
4. What does Soneji use to kill Detective Goldman?
(a) A metal pipe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) Some rope.
5. How long does Craig keep Cross in his office talking with him about the Smith case in Chapter 31?
(a) Over six hours.
(b) Less than one hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Nearly four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
2. What has Soneji been practicing since he was a boy?
3. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
4. Where does Sondra Greenberg work?
5. The knife that Soneji carries in Penn Station has what kind of handle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
2. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
3. How does Mr. Smith remain anonymous when he goes to Piccadilly Circus?
4. How does Soneji choose his first victims in Union Station?
5. How do Cross' children help heal him following the events at Union Station?
6. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
7. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
8. Describe Pierce's appearance.
9. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
10. What does Cross discover when he enters the room Soneji uses as his sniper location?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)