|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newspaper stories Kyle faxes to Cross in Chapter 37 are about whom?
(b) Cross and Sampson.
(c) Mr. Smith.
2. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
3. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
(a) Warning them about dangerous people.
(b) Challenging them to a race.
(c) Wrestling with them.
(d) Telling them they have to stay locked in the house for safety.
4. Where does Soneji go when he enters the Cross' home?
5. How does Soneji describe the Metroliner train in Chapter 7?
(a) It is his getaway train.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is shabby.
(d) It is too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What large object is on the porch of the Cross' home?
2. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Cross meet Christine in New York City?
4. In Chapter 41, what is the color of the upstairs walls?
5. What is special about the day for Soneji in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nana want Craig and Pierce to tell her about Cross?
2. Describe Pierce's appearance.
3. After Mr. Smith autopsies Sante, what does he do?
4. What message does Mr. Smith leave for Cross after he has killed Inez?
5. What is the first clue Pierce leaves after he has killed Isabella?
6. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
7. Describe Sondra Greenberg.
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's cellar?
9. What does Pierce think about his discovery of evidence in the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
10. Is Pierce looking for Soneji's partner?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)