|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christine planning to have for dinner before she agrees to go out to eat with Cross?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Sugar Puffs.
(c) A turkey sandwich.
(d) Chinese takeout.
2. Where does Cross think Soneji is hiding when he enters the room in Union Station?
(a) On a window ledge.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Under a tarp.
(d) In a crawl space.
3. Whose blood is on Soneji's sniper rifle?
(a) His first victim of the day.
(d) Alex Cross'.
4. Cross describes his older brother as what?
(a) A poet.
(b) A jJunkie.
(c) An actor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
(a) He is a disorganized investigator.
(b) He is illogical.
(c) He is the most brilliant person he has ever met.
(d) He is sloppy and stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
2. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
3. Soneji changes his hair to what color so he cannot be easily identified on the Metroliner?
4. When Cross returns home after working on the Penn Station killings, what does he find in the refrigerator?
5. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of statement does Cross think Soneji is making by killing Goldman?
2. What does Cross say he likes about Christine while they are having dinner?
3. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
4. Does Mr. Smith enjoy listening to music when he kills? If so, what kind of music?
5. Soneji wants to be recognized for what?
6. Describe Soneji's encounter with Jean Summerhill.
7. Why does the press call Mr. Smith an alien?
8. Why does Soneji return to Wilmington, Delaware?
9. Why does Cross bring Rosie the cat to Quantico?
10. What happens when Cross stops at the Sojourner Truth School and waits until Christine comes out to her car?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)