|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jannie answer when Cross calls home from New York City in Chapter 44?
(a) Is this E.T.? You calling home?
(b) From where are you calling?
(c) Come home now!
2. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
3. Where does Soneji's stepmother lock him up in when he is a child?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the attic.
4. What kind of car does Cross drive when he drops his children off at their school?
5. What is one of the reasons the children believe the school is "their school?"
(a) They get to choose the teachers.
(b) Stairwells are decorated with student artwork and projects.
(c) They create the lunch menus.
(d) They raise funds to keep it going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cross children?
2. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
3. How many shots are fired from Soneji's rifle each time it goes off in Chapter 11?
4. What does Soneji put on his head in the Cross' home?
5. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important information about Soneji does Cross learn when he interviews Jamal Autrey at Lorton Prison?
2. Why does Soneji throw a cup of coffee at a businessman?
3. Describe the relationship between Cross and Christine.
4. Why is Gary Soneji's skin prickling in Chapter 1?
5. What number is important to Soneji in Union Station?
6. What does Cross say he likes about Christine while they are having dinner?
7. How does Soneji's rage play a role in his murder of Detective Goldman?
8. How does Soneji hide on the Metroliner to Penn Station?
9. What is Detective Gorza's view of his partner, Detective Goldman?
10. What is Soneji's attitude when he enters Union Station before his sniper attack?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)