|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His chest.
2. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) The Cross case is not important.
(b) Get out of my way.
(c) You do not need me here.
(d) Trust me a little.
3. What does Pierce receive at 2:15 AM when he is searching for Sante?
(a) A letter.
(b) A phone message.
(c) A fax.
(d) An email from Mr. Smith.
4. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
(a) In a gang.
(b) In prison.
(c) In school.
(d) At a bar.
5. Who is Simon Conklin?
(a) A pilot.
(b) The Police Chief.
(c) Soneji's childhood friend.
(d) An FBI investigator.
6. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A hand grenade.
(c) A gun.
(d) A scalpel.
7. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(a) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
(b) Soup and bread.
(d) Rice and ham.
8. What is Pierce's occupation?
(a) Police Sergeant.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Investigator for the FBI.
9. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Friendly helper.
(c) Creative thinker.
10. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A police badge.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A baby.
(d) A Walkie Talkie.
11. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
(d) Store Manager.
12. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) At least six feet six inches.
(d) Five feet four inches.
13. How old is Pierce?
14. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(a) A train set.
(b) A friend.
(c) Attention and fame.
15. Cross says to blame Craig for what in Chapter 102?
(a) Bad food service.
(b) Lack of water bottles.
(c) Getting them up early in the morning.
(d) Overstatements about Cross' near death state in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
2. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
3. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
4. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
5. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)