|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
(a) A sleeping cat.
(c) Cross' burned detective shield.
(d) A half-burned letter.
2. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) St. George's.
(b) St. Anthony's.
(c) Washington Medical.
(d) Bon Secour.
3. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A hand grenade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A rifle.
4. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
5. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) Thomas Pierce.
(b) John Sampson.
(c) Kyle Craig.
(d) Laura Dixon.
6. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He is awake and talking.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has gone into a coma.
7. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(a) Kyle Craig.
(b) Thomas Pierce.
(c) The hospital staff.
8. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
(c) Patti Smith.
9. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
10. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) Detroit, MI.
(b) New York City.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) Princeton, NJ.
11. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) Long Island.
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
12. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(b) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(c) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
13. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(b) A train set.
(c) A friend.
(d) Attention and fame.
14. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
(b) Sondra Greenberg and Pierce.
(c) Sampson and Pierce.
(d) FBI agents.
15. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
2. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
3. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
4. Where does Martin Straw live?
5. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)