|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Problem students.
(b) Too young to understand how to behave.
(c) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
(d) Good writers and readers.
2. What does Christine have to change because of the media?
(b) The route she takes to school.
(c) He phone number.
(d) The location of her office.
3. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Knock-knock jokes.
(b) Practical jokes.
(c) Space-visitor jokes.
(d) Crude jokes.
4. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(c) New York.
5. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
6. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
(b) Cross' burned detective shield.
(c) A half-burned letter.
(d) A sleeping cat.
7. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A stick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spear from scuba equipment.
(d) A barbecue skewer.
8. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) More time away from school.
(b) Never to take a risk.
(d) A new job.
9. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) Princeton, NJ.
(b) Boston, MA.
(c) Detroit, MI.
(d) New York City.
10. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
(a) Playing piano at the annual Christmas celebration.
(b) Serving meals.
(c) Passing out treats to children.
(d) Pro bono work.
11. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A train.
(d) A car.
12. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He is awake and talking.
(b) He has gone into a coma.
(c) He has amnesia.
(d) He has died.
13. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(b) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Rice and ham.
14. How old is Pierce?
15. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(d) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Pierce?
2. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
3. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
4. How old is Sante?
5. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)