|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(d) New York.
2. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
(a) He is strangled.
(b) He is knifed.
(c) He suffocates.
(d) He is beaten and shot twice.
3. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) At The Louvre.
(b) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
(c) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(d) At the Eiffel Tower.
4. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) San Francisco, California.
5. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) You do not need me here.
(b) Get out of my way.
(c) The Cross case is not important.
(d) Trust me a little.
6. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(b) San Francisco.
7. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) More time away from school.
(b) Never to take a risk.
(d) A new job.
8. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(b) A train set.
(c) Attention and fame.
(d) A friend.
9. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A street person.
(d) A junkie.
10. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A toothbrush.
(b) A coke can.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A milk bottle.
11. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A city bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A taxi.
12. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Creative thinker.
(d) Friendly helper.
13. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet four inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) At least six feet six inches.
14. What does Pierce request from Soneji's grandfather?
(a) Two shovels or picks.
(b) To take his picture.
(c) To drive his truck.
(d) To quote him in his report.
15. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a dumbwaiter.
(b) In a hotel room.
(c) In an old school.
(d) In a factory building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
2. Where does Soneji's recurring nightmare take place?
3. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
4. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
5. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)