|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Good writers and readers.
(b) Problem students.
(c) Too young to understand how to behave.
(d) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
2. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Frankfurt, Germany.
(d) London, England.
3. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
(a) In prison.
(b) In school.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In a gang.
4. Where does Soneji's recurring nightmare take place?
(a) Underground in the train station.
(b) On his grandfather's farm.
(c) At his stepmother's house.
(d) His elementary school.
5. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) John Sampson.
(b) Laura Dixon.
(c) Kyle Craig.
(d) Thomas Pierce.
6. Cross says to blame Craig for what in Chapter 102?
(a) Bad food service.
(b) Lack of water bottles.
(c) Overstatements about Cross' near death state in the hospital.
(d) Getting them up early in the morning.
7. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Creative thinker.
(b) Friendly helper.
8. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He is awake and talking.
(b) He has gone into a coma.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has amnesia.
9. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) Detroit, MI.
(b) Princeton, NJ.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York City.
10. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(c) San Francisco.
11. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
(a) A bomb.
(c) A lit match.
12. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) A baby.
(c) A Walkie Talkie.
(d) A police badge.
13. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) He has a copy signed by the author.
(b) It is his father's favorite book.
(c) He takes his name from it.
(d) He has a first edition copy.
14. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
15. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
(b) Cross wants to talk to him.
(c) Cross has died.
(d) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
2. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
3. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
4. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
5. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)