|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
2. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) French Gazette.
(b) Le Monde.
(c) Provence Weekly News.
(d) London Times.
3. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
(a) Sondra Greenberg and Pierce.
(b) FBI agents.
(c) Sampson and Pierce.
4. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) New York City.
(b) Detroit, MI.
(c) Princeton, NJ.
(d) Boston, MA.
5. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
(a) His hair color.
(b) His eyes, nose, and lips.
(c) His home address.
(d) His name.
6. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) A train set.
(b) A stash of televisions.
(c) Airplane models.
(d) Gourmet food.
7. What is Pierce's occupation?
(a) Police Sergeant.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Investigator for the FBI.
8. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A toy gun.
(b) A milk bottle.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A coke can.
9. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A hand grenade.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A gun.
10. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Space-visitor jokes.
(b) Practical jokes.
(c) Crude jokes.
(d) Knock-knock jokes.
11. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) Long Island.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New Jersey.
12. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(b) Rice and ham.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
13. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A street person.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A policeman.
14. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(a) Kyle Craig.
(b) The hospital staff.
(d) Thomas Pierce.
15. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(b) Restless and irritable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cross get home after Pierce/Smith is killed?
2. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
3. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
4. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
5. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)