|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(d) Brother and sister.
2. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Creative thinker.
(c) Friendly helper.
3. What does Christine have to change because of the media?
(a) The route she takes to school.
(c) The location of her office.
(d) He phone number.
4. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) Le Monde.
(b) French Gazette.
(c) London Times.
(d) Provence Weekly News.
5. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
(b) Spilled ink.
(c) Lost uniforms.
(d) A traffic jam.
6. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Practical jokes.
(b) Space-visitor jokes.
(c) Knock-knock jokes.
(d) Crude jokes.
7. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
(d) Store Manager.
8. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
(a) His name.
(b) His eyes, nose, and lips.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His home address.
9. How old is Sante?
10. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
(a) A half-burned letter.
(b) Cross' burned detective shield.
(d) A sleeping cat.
11. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(b) Restless and irritable.
12. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His leg.
13. What does a Slave scope do?
(a) Creates white noise for relaxation.
(b) Monitors sleep.
(c) Provides pulse, temperature, blood pressure, and EKG readings.
(d) Administers a liquid diet.
14. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A city bus.
(d) A taxi.
15. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
2. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
3. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
4. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
5. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)