|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His abdomen.
(b) His head.
(c) His chest.
(d) His leg.
2. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
3. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Long Island.
4. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) St. Anthony's.
(b) Washington Medical.
(c) St. George's.
(d) Bon Secour.
5. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Knock-knock jokes.
(b) Crude jokes.
(c) Space-visitor jokes.
(d) Practical jokes.
6. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) A new job.
(c) More time away from school.
(d) Never to take a risk.
7. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
(a) Sondra Greenberg and Pierce.
(c) FBI agents.
(d) Sampson and Pierce.
8. How does Soneji die?
(a) He falls from the train platform.
(b) He burns to death.
(c) He is electrocuted.
(d) He drowns.
9. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In an old school.
(b) In a factory building.
(c) In a dumbwaiter.
(d) In a hotel room.
10. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
(a) Digging apparatus.
(c) Fax machines.
11. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
(a) Jefferson Street.
(b) Pennsylvania Avenue.
(c) K Street.
(d) Capitol Street.
12. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A stick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A barbecue skewer.
(d) A spear from scuba equipment.
13. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
(a) A traffic jam.
(c) Lost uniforms.
(d) Spilled ink.
14. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(b) Rice and ham.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
15. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
(d) Patti Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce request from Soneji's grandfather?
2. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
3. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
4. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
5. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)