|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
(a) On a matchbox.
(b) On a poster in his and Isabella's foyer.
(c) In a magazine.
(d) In a newspaper.
2. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Problem students.
(b) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
(c) Too young to understand how to behave.
(d) Good writers and readers.
3. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
4. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) You do not need me here.
(b) The Cross case is not important.
(c) Get out of my way.
(d) Trust me a little.
5. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Near Laguna Beach, California.
6. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
7. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) A train set.
(b) A stash of televisions.
(c) Airplane models.
(d) Gourmet food.
8. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A hand grenade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A rifle.
9. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(a) Brother and sister.
10. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a dumbwaiter.
(b) In an old school.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In a factory building.
11. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
12. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His head.
(b) His chest.
(c) His leg.
(d) His abdomen.
13. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) London, England.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) San Francisco, California.
14. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
15. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) At The Louvre.
(b) At the Eiffel Tower.
(c) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(d) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
2. How old is Pierce?
3. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
4. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
5. What evidence from the Cross attack do police find near the cellar?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)