|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) Laura Dixon.
(b) John Sampson.
(c) Kyle Craig.
(d) Thomas Pierce.
2. What does Pierce steal in Bay Head, New Jersey?
(b) A BMW convertible.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A coke can.
(b) A toy gun.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A toothbrush.
4. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Five feet four inches.
(d) At least six feet six inches.
5. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
6. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
(b) Store Manager.
7. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In an old school.
(b) In a dumbwaiter.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In a factory building.
8. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Frankfurt, Germany.
(d) London, England.
9. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is not in town.
(c) He does not attack children.
(d) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
10. What is cyanosis?
(a) A poison.
(b) A chemical enhancement.
(c) The Latin name for a plant.
(d) The bluish coloration of lips, nail beds, and skin.
11. Where does Pierce place the body of Anthony Bruno?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a rowboat.
(c) In a lifeguard's chair.
(d) In a boat house.
12. What does Mr. Smith cut from Isabella's body?
13. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) Washington Medical.
(b) St. George's.
(c) St. Anthony's.
(d) Bon Secour.
14. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) A Walkie Talkie.
(c) A police badge.
(d) A baby.
15. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
2. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
3. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
4. Who discovers Nana in the street?
5. Where does Pierce live as a child?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)