|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(d) Brother and sister.
2. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
3. Where does Martin Straw live?
(a) Concord, Massachusetts.
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
4. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
(a) Brigham Young Women's Hospital.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) Providence Hospital.
(d) Massachusetts General.
5. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has died.
(b) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
(c) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
(d) Cross wants to talk to him.
6. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
7. What does Thomas Pierce study at Harvard?
8. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A city bus.
(d) A taxi.
9. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(d) Restless and irritable.
10. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a dumbwaiter.
(b) In a factory building.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In an old school.
11. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A street person.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A policeman.
12. What letter is written on the blackboard in Laura's classroom when Christine visits?
13. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) Washington Medical.
(b) St. Anthony's.
(c) Bon Secour.
(d) St. George's.
14. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) San Francisco, California.
15. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
(a) A coke can.
(b) A toothbrush.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) A toy gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
2. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
3. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
4. What does Pierce request from Soneji's grandfather?
5. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)