|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 54 when Abel Sante leaves his girlfriend's apartment?
(a) San Francisco.
2. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A baby.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A Walkie Talkie.
(d) A police badge.
3. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) Gourmet food.
(b) A stash of televisions.
(c) A train set.
(d) Airplane models.
4. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
(b) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(c) At The Louvre.
(d) At the Eiffel Tower.
5. What does Christine have to change because of the media?
(a) He phone number.
(c) The route she takes to school.
(d) The location of her office.
6. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A street person.
(b) A junkie.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A doctor.
7. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
8. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(a) Soup and bread.
(b) Rice and ham.
(c) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
9. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) More time away from school.
(b) A new job.
(d) Never to take a risk.
10. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(a) A friend.
(b) Attention and fame.
(d) A train set.
11. What is Pierce's occupation?
(a) Investigator for the FBI.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Police Sergeant.
12. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
(a) He suffocates.
(b) He is knifed.
(c) He is strangled.
(d) He is beaten and shot twice.
13. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(b) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
14. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A stick.
(b) A spear from scuba equipment.
(c) A knife.
(d) A barbecue skewer.
15. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is not in town.
(b) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
(c) He does not attack children.
(d) He is already dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
2. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
3. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
4. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
5. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)