|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
2. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Creative thinker.
(c) Friendly helper.
3. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
(a) Help him redecorate.
(b) Spend some time with Nana.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Go see a movie.
4. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A baby.
(b) A Walkie Talkie.
(c) A police badge.
(d) A bag of groceries.
5. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
(a) Fax machines.
(d) Digging apparatus.
6. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) In an old school.
(c) In a dumbwaiter.
(d) In a factory building.
7. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
(b) FBI agents.
(c) Sampson and Pierce.
(d) Sondra Greenberg and Pierce.
8. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spear from scuba equipment.
(c) A barbecue skewer.
(d) A stick.
9. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He is awake and talking.
(d) He has gone into a coma.
10. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
(b) Patti Smith.
11. What does Pierce steal in Bay Head, New Jersey?
(a) A newspaper.
(d) A BMW convertible.
12. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) French Gazette.
(b) London Times.
(c) Provence Weekly News.
(d) Le Monde.
13. Where does Martin Straw live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
(d) Concord, Massachusetts.
14. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
(a) Pro bono work.
(b) Passing out treats to children.
(c) Playing piano at the annual Christmas celebration.
(d) Serving meals.
15. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Crude jokes.
(b) Space-visitor jokes.
(c) Knock-knock jokes.
(d) Practical jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
2. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
3. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
4. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
5. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)