|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
(c) He does not attack children.
(d) He is not in town.
2. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
(a) Attention and fame.
(c) A friend.
(d) A train set.
3. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Crude jokes.
(b) Space-visitor jokes.
(c) Knock-knock jokes.
(d) Practical jokes.
4. With whom is Cross speaking on an airfield?
(a) Sampson and Pierce.
(c) Sondra Greenberg and Pierce.
(d) FBI agents.
5. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) Detroit, MI.
(b) New York City.
(c) Princeton, NJ.
(d) Boston, MA.
6. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A hand grenade.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A gun.
7. What role does Pierce say Conklin has played in his friendship with Soneji at the end of Chapter 100?
(a) Creative thinker.
(d) Friendly helper.
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) A train set.
(b) A stash of televisions.
(c) Airplane models.
(d) Gourmet food.
9. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
(a) He has amnesia.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is awake and talking.
(d) He has gone into a coma.
10. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
(a) He is knifed.
(b) He is beaten and shot twice.
(c) He suffocates.
(d) He is strangled.
11. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
(a) The ircus.
(b) A park.
(c) At a lake.
(d) In a field.
12. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
(a) A bloodwork lab.
(b) An AIDS station.
(c) The Coroner's office.
(d) A NYPD police station.
13. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(d) Brother and sister.
14. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
(a) Spend some time with Nana.
(b) Go see a movie.
(c) Help him redecorate.
(d) Marry him.
15. Where does Pierce place the body of Anthony Bruno?
(a) In a boat house.
(b) In a lifeguard's chair.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In a rowboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pierce?
2. How does Craig characterize Pierce in Chapter 104?
3. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
4. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
5. Where does Cross go in Chapter 112?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)