|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
(a) His name.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His home address.
(d) His eyes, nose, and lips.
2. How long has Cross known Craig?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What newspaper does Mr. Smith spread over the linoleum in the farmhouse kitchen?
(a) Provence Weekly News.
(b) Le Monde.
(c) London Times.
(d) French Gazette.
4. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He does not attack children.
(b) He is not in town.
(c) He is already dead.
(d) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
5. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
(a) He is knifed.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is beaten and shot twice.
(d) He suffocates.
6. What does a Slave scope do?
(a) Provides pulse, temperature, blood pressure, and EKG readings.
(b) Administers a liquid diet.
(c) Creates white noise for relaxation.
(d) Monitors sleep.
7. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
(a) A NYPD police station.
(b) The Coroner's office.
(c) An AIDS station.
(d) A bloodwork lab.
8. What is Pierce's occupation?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(b) Investigator for the FBI.
(d) Police Sergeant.
9. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Six feet.
(b) At least six feet six inches.
(c) Five feet four inches.
(d) Five feet ten inches.
10. Cross says to blame Craig for what in Chapter 102?
(a) Overstatements about Cross' near death state in the hospital.
(b) Bad food service.
(c) Getting them up early in the morning.
(d) Lack of water bottles.
11. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A gun.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A hand grenade.
12. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
(a) A car.
(b) A watch given to him by Isabella.
(c) A nice pair of shoes.
(d) A ring.
13. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(b) Kyle Craig.
(c) Thomas Pierce.
(d) The hospital staff.
14. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A baby.
(b) A police badge.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) A Walkie Talkie.
15. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) Never to take a risk.
(b) More time away from school.
(d) A new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soneji throw inside the hospital room when he sees Cross and Groza?
2. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
3. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
4. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
5. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)