|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
2. What office is on the main floor of Bellevue Hospital about which Soneji gets nervous?
(a) A NYPD police station.
(b) The Coroner's office.
(c) A bloodwork lab.
(d) An AIDS station.
3. Who is Simon Conklin?
(a) Soneji's childhood friend.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An FBI investigator.
(d) The Police Chief.
4. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(a) Soup and bread.
(c) Rice and ham.
(d) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
5. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) A Walkie Talkie.
(c) A police badge.
(d) A baby.
6. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Too young to understand how to behave.
(b) Good writers and readers.
(c) Problem students.
(d) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
7. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A hand grenade.
8. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
(a) Go see a movie.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Spend some time with Nana.
(d) Help him redecorate.
9. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) Airplane models.
(b) A train set.
(c) A stash of televisions.
(d) Gourmet food.
10. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Space-visitor jokes.
(b) Knock-knock jokes.
(c) Practical jokes.
(d) Crude jokes.
11. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) He has a copy signed by the author.
(b) He takes his name from it.
(c) He has a first edition copy.
(d) It is his father's favorite book.
12. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
(b) New York.
13. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
(a) In a newspaper.
(b) On a matchbox.
(c) On a poster in his and Isabella's foyer.
(d) In a magazine.
14. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
15. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
2. Where does Pierce place the body of Anthony Bruno?
3. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
4. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
5. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)