|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Pierce's father have?
(d) Store Manager.
2. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
(a) Lost uniforms.
(b) Spilled ink.
(d) A traffic jam.
3. Who is Simon Conklin?
(a) Soneji's childhood friend.
(b) An FBI investigator.
(c) A pilot.
(d) The Police Chief.
4. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is not in town.
(c) He does not attack children.
(d) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
5. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
(a) Gets Sampson to bring him down.
(b) Asks politely for him to go down.
(c) Pushes him down the stairs.
(d) Ties him up and brings him down.
6. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) At the Eiffel Tower.
(b) At The Louvre.
(c) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
(d) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
7. What significance does the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land" have for Mr. Smith?
(a) He has a copy signed by the author.
(b) It is his father's favorite book.
(c) He takes his name from it.
(d) He has a first edition copy.
8. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
(a) His hair color.
(b) His eyes, nose, and lips.
(c) His name.
(d) His home address.
9. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A gun.
(c) A hand grenade.
(d) A rifle.
10. Where does Pierce place the body of Anthony Bruno?
(a) In a lifeguard's chair.
(b) In a boat house.
(c) In a rowboat.
(d) In a cabin.
11. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(a) Kyle Craig.
(c) Thomas Pierce.
(d) The hospital staff.
12. What evidence from the Cross attack do police find near the cellar?
(a) A dropped glove.
(b) A shoe print.
(c) A fingerprint.
(d) A baseball cap.
13. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
(c) Digging apparatus.
(d) Fax machines.
14. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a gang.
(c) In school.
(d) At a bar.
15. What is Pierce's occupation?
(a) Police Sergeant.
(c) Investigator for the FBI.
(d) Ambulance driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine have to change because of the media?
2. When does Cross get home after Pierce/Smith is killed?
3. Where does Pierce live as a child?
4. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
5. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)