|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sante?
2. Into what hospital is Cross admitted after he is attacked?
(a) Bon Secour.
(b) Washington Medical.
(c) St. Anthony's.
(d) St. George's.
3. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
(b) Patti Smith.
4. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
(a) Brigham Young Women's Hospital.
(b) Providence Hospital.
(c) New York Hospital.
(d) Massachusetts General.
5. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) At the Eiffel Tower.
(b) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(c) At The Louvre.
(d) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
6. How does Sampson feel when he is on surveillance with Cross a few miles from Pierce's hotel in Princeton?
(b) Restless and irritable.
7. What does Christine say she wants very much in Chapter 97?
(a) Never to take a risk.
(b) A new job.
(d) More time away from school.
8. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Too young to understand how to behave.
(b) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
(c) Problem students.
(d) Good writers and readers.
9. Where does Soneji meet Shareef Thomas?
(a) In school.
(b) In a gang.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In prison.
10. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) Laura Dixon.
(b) Kyle Craig.
(c) Thomas Pierce.
(d) John Sampson.
11. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
(a) Gets Sampson to bring him down.
(b) Ties him up and brings him down.
(c) Pushes him down the stairs.
(d) Asks politely for him to go down.
12. Mr. Smith is disguised as what when he attacks Sante?
(a) A junkie.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A street person.
13. Who discovers Nana in the street?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A bus driver.
(d) The police.
14. What does Christine have to change because of the media?
(a) The route she takes to school.
(c) The location of her office.
(d) He phone number.
15. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce holding when Cross enters Pierce's bedroom?
2. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
3. What does Thomas Pierce study at Harvard?
4. How does Soneji feel as he hurries through the tunnels beneath Bellevue Hospital?
5. Where does Soneji's recurring nightmare take place?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)