|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Cross known Craig?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
(a) Problem students.
(b) Cuddly kittens and perky puppies.
(c) Good writers and readers.
(d) Too young to understand how to behave.
3. Whom does Christine see waiting for her outside her office at the end of Chapter 88?
(a) John Sampson.
(b) Thomas Pierce.
(c) Laura Dixon.
(d) Kyle Craig.
4. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) At The Louvre.
(b) At the Eiffel Tower.
(c) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(d) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
5. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
6. What is cyanosis?
(a) The bluish coloration of lips, nail beds, and skin.
(b) A chemical enhancement.
(c) The Latin name for a plant.
(d) A poison.
7. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
(a) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
8. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) A stash of televisions.
(b) A train set.
(c) Gourmet food.
(d) Airplane models.
9. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
(a) The hospital staff.
(c) Kyle Craig.
(d) Thomas Pierce.
10. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A stick.
(b) A spear from scuba equipment.
(c) A knife.
(d) A barbecue skewer.
11. Where is Pierce seen on the same day a victim disappears when he is supposed to be in Rome?
(a) London, England.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
12. What does Pierce receive at 2:15 AM when he is searching for Sante?
(a) A fax.
(b) A letter.
(c) A phone message.
(d) An email from Mr. Smith.
13. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(c) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(d) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
14. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
15. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
2. What is Cross' condition when Pierce calls the hospital in Chapter 82?
3. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
4. Who is Simon Conklin?
5. What does Cross ask Christine to do at the end of the novel?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)