|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Mr. Smith hidden Sante?
(a) In a dumbwaiter.
(b) In a factory building.
(c) In an old school.
(d) In a hotel room.
2. What does Pierce find in Conklin's house that he identifies as Soneji's?
(a) A stash of televisions.
(b) Gourmet food.
(c) Airplane models.
(d) A train set.
3. Soneji think Shareef is on what floor in Bellevue Hospital?
4. What kind of work has Cross done for years at the hospital?
(a) Passing out treats to children.
(b) Playing piano at the annual Christmas celebration.
(c) Serving meals.
(d) Pro bono work.
5. What can Sante identify about Mr. Smith?
(a) His home address.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His eyes, nose, and lips.
(d) His name.
6. What kind of jokes do Pierce and Greenberg share when they are searching for Mr. Smith?
(a) Crude jokes.
(b) Knock-knock jokes.
(c) Practical jokes.
(d) Space-visitor jokes.
7. How does Pierce feel at the beginning of Chapter 106?
8. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
(b) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
(c) Cross wants to talk to him.
(d) Cross has died.
9. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
10. To where do Sampson and Pierce take a helicopter?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) Princeton, NJ.
(c) New York City.
(d) Detroit, MI.
11. Where does Martin Straw live?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Concord, Massachusetts.
(d) New York City.
12. What does Pierce steal in Bay Head, New Jersey?
(a) A newspaper.
(d) A BMW convertible.
13. Pierce impales Isabella's heart on what item?
(a) A spear from scuba equipment.
(b) A knife.
(c) A barbecue skewer.
(d) A stick.
14. What happens to Cross in his house the night after his surprise party?
(a) He is knifed.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is beaten and shot twice.
(d) He suffocates.
15. What does Pierce find inside the coal stove in Cross' cellar?
(a) A half-burned letter.
(b) Cross' burned detective shield.
(d) A sleeping cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
2. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
3. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
4. Where do Interpol and the French police gather to find Sante's body?
5. Who is Simon Conklin?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)