|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce say to Sampson before he leaves Princeton to go to Paris?
(a) The Cross case is not important.
(b) Trust me a little.
(c) Get out of my way.
(d) You do not need me here.
2. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
(a) 11:00 AM.
(b) 7:00 AM.
(d) 9:00 AM.
3. Why does Kyle Craig have to go to the hospital at the end of Chapter 75?
(a) Cross has gone into cardiac arrest.
(b) Cross wants to talk to him.
(c) Cross has died.
(d) Cross has written a message for Kyle.
4. Who discovers Nana in the street?
(a) A bus driver.
(b) The police.
(c) A neighbor.
5. What color hair does Sondra Greenberg have?
6. From where does Pierce receive a medical internship after graduating from Harvard?
(a) Providence Hospital.
(b) Massachusetts General.
(c) Brigham Young Women's Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
7. Where does Pierce remember seeing the phrase "Language is more than speech?"
(a) On a matchbox.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) On a poster in his and Isabella's foyer.
(d) In a magazine.
8. What is Nana cooking in the kitchen when Pierce returns to the Cross house in Chapter 99?
(a) Bread, roast chicken, and sweet potatoes.
(b) Rice and ham.
(d) Soup and bread.
9. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(b) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(c) Princeton, New Jersey.
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
10. On what street is the FBI headquarters located in Washington?
(a) Pennsylvania Avenue.
(b) Jefferson Street.
(c) K Street.
(d) Capitol Street.
11. What does Thomas Pierce study at Harvard?
12. Where does Mr. Smith tell Pierce and Greenberg they can find Sante?
(a) In Notre Dame Cathedral.
(b) At The Louvre.
(c) In Buttes-Chaumont Park.
(d) At the Eiffel Tower.
13. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Five feet four inches.
(d) At least six feet six inches.
14. Why does Pierce think that Mr. Smith has not attacked the Cross family?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is not in town.
(c) He does not attack children.
(d) They would all be mutilated and dead if he had attacked them.
15. What does Pierce do when he wants Conklin to go down to the cellar?
(a) Gets Sampson to bring him down.
(b) Pushes him down the stairs.
(c) Ties him up and brings him down.
(d) Asks politely for him to go down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Pierce?
2. What poet has written about the setting of Atlantic City?
3. What does Christine call students in Laura Dixon's first-grade class?
4. What household object does Pierce use to interrogate Conklin?
5. Who tells Nana Mama the truth about Cross' condition?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)