|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Martin Straw and Isabella?
(a) Brother and sister.
2. What does Pierce steal in Bay Head, New Jersey?
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A BMW convertible.
3. When does Cross get home after Pierce/Smith is killed?
(a) The next morning.
(b) In time to say good night to his children.
(c) Before dinner.
(d) Lunch time.
4. At what time does Cross arrive at Pierce's apartment in Cambridge?
(a) 11:00 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 7:00 AM.
5. What evidence from the Cross attack do police find near the cellar?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A fingerprint.
(c) A shoe print.
(d) A dropped glove.
6. What music does Mr. Smith have playing on his CD player in the farmhouse before he kills Sante?
(c) Patti Smith.
7. With what does Pierce familiarize himself in his hotel in New Jersey?
(a) Digging apparatus.
(b) Fax machines.
8. Where does Pierce live as a child?
(a) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(b) Near Laguna Beach, California.
(c) Princeton, New Jersey.
(d) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
9. What is Soneji carrying with him when he enters Grand Central Station?
(a) A Walkie Talkie.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A baby.
(d) A police badge.
10. What does a Slave scope do?
(a) Creates white noise for relaxation.
(b) Provides pulse, temperature, blood pressure, and EKG readings.
(c) Monitors sleep.
(d) Administers a liquid diet.
11. What does Sampson say is a metaphor for their case in Chapter 127?
(b) Spilled ink.
(c) A traffic jam.
(d) Lost uniforms.
12. Where is Cross' most serious wound?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His abdomen.
13. When Soneji escapes from the hospital, into what kind of vehicle does he get?
(a) A city bus.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
14. What is the one possession about which Pierce cares?
(a) A nice pair of shoes.
(b) A watch given to him by Isabella.
(c) A ring.
(d) A car.
15. How tall is Sampson?
(a) Five feet four inches.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) At least six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pierce's occupation?
2. Who picks up Christine Johnson at her apartment in Chapter 97?
3. What does Cross tell Groza that that Soneji wants most after Soneji has escaped from the hospital room?
4. How old is Sante?
5. From where does Pierce fly to get to Washington?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)