|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Soneji describe the Metroliner train in Chapter 7?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is shabby.
(c) It is his getaway train.
(d) It is too hot.
2. What does Sampson find in the doghouse at Soneji's ex-wife's house?
(a) A note to Alex.
(c) Her decapitated head.
(d) A sleeping dog.
3. Soneji speaks to whom on the train leaving for Penn Station?
(a) A child.
(b) A young woman in the seat in front of him.
(c) A man sitting next to him.
(d) A businesswoman.
4. How does Soneji describe Cross when he sees him outside the train?
(a) Six three and well-built.
(b) Five ten and muscular.
(c) Average height and pudgy.
(d) Short and slim.
5. What does Soneji use to kill Detective Goldman?
(a) A gun.
(b) Some rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A metal pipe.
6. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
(a) A written confession for the police.
(b) The murder weapon.
(d) A duffel bag.
7. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
(a) Alex Cross.
(b) The train porter.
(c) Detective Goldman.
(d) Goldman's partner.
8. What color hair does Thomas Pierce have?
9. What is the name of the school that the Cross children attend?
(a) Maya Angelou School.
(b) Sojourner Truth School.
(c) Haigh Elementary.
(d) Miracle School.
10. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
(a) By plane.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
11. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
(a) A cleaning lady.
(b) A porter.
(c) A father and teenage son.
(d) A middle-aged woman.
12. What reaction does Cross get from Damon when he is about to leave for his date with Christine?
13. In Chapter 41, what is the color of the upstairs walls?
14. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
(c) Tractor equipment.
(d) A .22-caliber rifle.
15. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
(c) To the Bronx.
(d) To Brooklyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine Johnson say about Damon Cross in Chapter 5?
2. What is on the tip of the knife Soneji uses to kill his victims in Penn Station?
3. What does Soneji put on his head in the Cross' home?
4. Where does Sondra Greenberg work?
5. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)