|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Soneji go when he enters the Cross' home?
2. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
3. What is on the tip of the knife Soneji uses to kill his victims in Penn Station?
(a) Chlorine bleach.
(b) Rubbing alcohol.
(c) Hydrogen peroxide.
(d) Potassium cyanide.
4. How is the day described when Alex Cross drops his children off at school?
(a) Hot late June morning.
(b) Snowy March morning.
(c) Beautiful June morning.
(d) Rainy May morning.
5. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
6. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
(a) It is on a timing device.
(b) It has been stolen from a policeman.
(c) It has been thrown over the balcony.
(d) It has been jammed.
7. How does Soneji describe Cross when he sees him outside the train?
(a) Average height and pudgy.
(b) Short and slim.
(c) Six three and well-built.
(d) Five ten and muscular.
8. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
(a) Advertising Art Director.
9. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
(d) Lunch lady.
10. How long does Craig keep Cross in his office talking with him about the Smith case in Chapter 31?
(a) Nearly four hours.
(b) Over six hours.
(c) Less than one hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
11. What has Soneji been practicing since he was a boy?
(a) Chess moves.
(b) Making bombs.
(d) Shooting rifles.
12. What does Cross bring to Christine on their second date?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A red rose.
(c) A bottle of champagne.
(d) A box of chocolates.
13. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
(b) A .22-caliber rifle.
(c) Tractor equipment.
14. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
(b) Shareef Thomas.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Jamal Autry.
15. Where does Chet Elliott work?
(a) The NYPD.
(b) The Administration for FBI.
(c) The FBI Detective Offices.
(d) The FBI's Scientific Analysis Section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cross describes his older brother as what?
2. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
3. Where does Sondra Greenberg work?
4. In what month does Christine's husband die?
5. How is Detective Manning Goldman described in Chapter 22?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)