|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it when Soneji comes up from Detective Goldman's basement and sees the clock on the Sony television?
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early morning.
2. What do Mr. Gomez and Lonnie Walker do to help out at the Cross children's school?
(c) Cleaning the chalkboards.
(d) Mop the floors.
3. Whose blood is on Soneji's sniper rifle?
(a) His first victim of the day.
(d) Alex Cross'.
4. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
(c) To Brooklyn.
(d) To the Bronx.
5. Who is Soneji's first victim in Penn Station?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A man in gray-striped business suit.
6. What does Christine Johnson say about Damon Cross in Chapter 5?
(a) He is a problem student.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is a really good person.
(d) He is friendly, but does not work hard.
7. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
8. What has Nana taught Cross to play?
9. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) In a business suit.
(b) In a ripped and soiled black anorak.
(c) In jeans and a cashmere pullover.
(d) In medical scrubs.
10. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
(a) Black Jeep Cherokee.
(b) Orange truck.
(c) White convertible.
(d) Blue minivan.
11. Where does Chet Elliott work?
(a) The Administration for FBI.
(b) The FBI's Scientific Analysis Section.
(c) The NYPD.
(d) The FBI Detective Offices.
12. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
(a) Before he gets out of the car.
(b) Right after he has left work.
(c) After he has kissed Christine.
(d) When he is waiting for Christine.
13. Where does Cross meet Christine in New York City?
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) Penn Station.
(c) JFK airport.
(d) Greyhound bus terminal.
14. What is Soneji's wife's name?
15. How is Detective Manning Goldman described in Chapter 22?
(a) Like a whiny child.
(b) As the nicest detective in the precinct.
(c) More like an aging rock star than a homicide detective.
(d) Like a Greek god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
2. What is stuck in the rain gutter on the Cross' home?
3. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
4. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
5. What time of day is it when Cross and Sampson respond to an emergency in Chapter 9?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)