|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name on Soneji's driver's license that he shows the police on the Metroliner?
(a) Mike Jones.
(b) Neil Stuart.
(c) Jim Smith.
(d) Samuel Reilly.
2. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
(a) It has been thrown over the balcony.
(b) It is on a timing device.
(c) It has been stolen from a policeman.
(d) It has been jammed.
3. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
(d) Lunch lady.
4. How is Detective Manning Goldman described in Chapter 22?
(a) More like an aging rock star than a homicide detective.
(b) Like a whiny child.
(c) Like a Greek god.
(d) As the nicest detective in the precinct.
5. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Jamal Autry.
(d) Shareef Thomas.
6. Where does Cross find Roni?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Tied up in a cellar closet.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) Hiding under the porch.
7. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
(a) Hiking boots.
(b) A train set.
(c) A baseball glove.
(d) A bicycle.
8. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
(a) A black sweatsuit.
(b) A bright red hat.
(c) A gray suit, white shirt, striped blue tie.
(d) A green fleece jacket.
9. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
(a) After he has kissed Christine.
(b) Right after he has left work.
(c) Before he gets out of the car.
(d) When he is waiting for Christine.
10. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
(a) Challenging them to a race.
(b) Telling them they have to stay locked in the house for safety.
(c) Warning them about dangerous people.
(d) Wrestling with them.
11. What disease does Soneji get in prison?
12. When Cross returns home after working on the Penn Station killings, what does he find in the refrigerator?
(a) Lemon Meringue pie.
13. What has Soneji been practicing since he was a boy?
(a) Making bombs.
(c) Chess moves.
(d) Shooting rifles.
14. What is special about the day for Soneji in Chapter 6?
(a) He has received a card from his stepmother.
(b) It is his birthday.
(c) It is the anniversary of his release from prison.
(d) He pledges to begin a life free of crime.
15. The knife that Soneji carries in Penn Station has what kind of handle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isabella Calais killed?
2. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
3. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
4. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
5. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)