|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(c) Shareef Thomas.
(d) Jamal Autry.
2. What is the relationship between Goldman and Carmine Groza?
(a) Employer and employee.
(d) College friends.
3. What is Soneji wearing when he boards the Metroliner heading to Penn Station?
(a) A bright red hat.
(b) A gray suit, white shirt, striped blue tie.
(c) A black sweatsuit.
(d) A green fleece jacket.
4. What does Cross bring to Christine on their second date?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A red rose.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
5. How is Soneji disguised when he is in the bar "Tatou?"
(b) Blonde with a beard.
6. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
7. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
(a) He looks beautiful.
(b) He cut his cheek shaving.
(c) His cologne is too heavy.
(d) He needs a tie.
8. What does Soneji throw at a businessman passing him on a New York City street?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bag of food.
(d) His hat.
9. According to Cross, Soneji was into what, "like a lot of psychos?"
(a) Codes, magical words, and numbers.
(c) Small spaces.
10. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
11. What does Soneji use to watch Cross at the school?
(b) Telescopic sight on a rifle.
(c) Video camera.
12. What is stuck in the rain gutter on the Cross' home?
(b) Tree limb.
13. What name is given to Room 111 at the Cross children's school?
(b) Blue room.
(d) Artist's room.
14. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
(a) A train set.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A baseball glove.
(d) Hiking boots.
15. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
(a) A duffel bag.
(c) A written confession for the police.
(d) The murder weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cross children?
2. What is the name of the school that the Cross children attend?
3. Cross describes his older brother as what?
4. What does Nana tell Cross to do about Christine in Chapter 23?
5. What large object is on the porch of the Cross' home?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)