|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soneji changes his hair to what color so he cannot be easily identified on the Metroliner?
2. How does Jannie answer when Cross calls home from New York City in Chapter 44?
(a) Is this E.T.? You calling home?
(b) From where are you calling?
(d) Come home now!
3. According to Cross, Soneji was into what, "like a lot of psychos?"
(a) Small spaces.
(c) Codes, magical words, and numbers.
4. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
(c) To Brooklyn.
(d) To the Bronx.
5. What time of day is it when Cross and Sampson respond to an emergency in Chapter 9?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Morning rush hour.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Dinner time.
6. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
(a) The train porter.
(b) Goldman's partner.
(c) Alex Cross.
(d) Detective Goldman.
7. How many shots are fired from Soneji's rifle each time it goes off in Chapter 11?
8. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) In a business suit.
(b) In a ripped and soiled black anorak.
(c) In medical scrubs.
(d) In jeans and a cashmere pullover.
9. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
(c) Lunch lady.
10. Cross asks a "techie" about what item that he finds in Goldman's bedroom?
(a) A radio.
(b) Som elights.
(c) A GPS device.
(d) A computer.
11. What large object is on the porch of the Cross' home?
(d) Potted palm tree.
12. What does Cross have tested at Quantico?
(b) A suitcase with a bomb inside.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) Rosie the cat.
13. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
(a) A duffel bag.
(c) A written confession for the police.
(d) The murder weapon.
14. What does Soneji use to watch Cross at the school?
(a) Video camera.
(d) Telescopic sight on a rifle.
15. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
(a) Soneji is the best Cross has ever faced by far.
(b) He thinks Cross has recognized him.
(c) He is afraid Cross will catch him.
(d) Cross is smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cross children?
2. What has Soneji been practicing since he was a boy?
3. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
4. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
5. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)