|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Soneji stays after committing the Penn Station murders?
(a) The Luzerne.
(b) Marriott Times Square.
(c) Trump Towers.
(d) The Plaza.
2. What does Cross say about the door to the room from which Soneji's rifle is being fired in Chapter 11?
(a) The lock is jammed.
(b) That Soneji has left it open for them.
(c) He must break it open.
(d) It is already locked.
3. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
(a) It has been jammed.
(b) It has been thrown over the balcony.
(c) It is on a timing device.
(d) It has been stolen from a policeman.
4. What does Cross bring to Christine on their second date?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) A red rose.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
5. How is Soneji disguised when he is in the bar "Tatou?"
(a) Blonde with a beard.
6. When Cross returns home after working on the Penn Station killings, what does he find in the refrigerator?
(c) Lemon Meringue pie.
7. Where does Chet Elliott work?
(a) The NYPD.
(b) The FBI Detective Offices.
(c) The Administration for FBI.
(d) The FBI's Scientific Analysis Section.
8. What is the relationship between Goldman and Carmine Groza?
(a) Employer and employee.
(b) College friends.
9. What does Soneji put on his head in the Cross' home?
(a) Georgetown ball cap.
(b) Cowboy hat.
(c) Ski hat.
(d) Panama hat.
10. In Chapter 41, what is the color of the upstairs walls?
11. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
(a) He is illogical.
(b) He is sloppy and stupid.
(c) He is a disorganized investigator.
(d) He is the most brilliant person he has ever met.
12. What time of day is it when Cross and Sampson respond to an emergency in Chapter 9?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Dinner time.
(c) Morning rush hour.
(d) Early afternoon.
13. Soneji changes his hair to what color so he cannot be easily identified on the Metroliner?
14. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
(a) Advertising Art Director.
15. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cross asks a "techie" about what item that he finds in Goldman's bedroom?
2. How long does Craig keep Cross in his office talking with him about the Smith case in Chapter 31?
3. What is the name of the school that the Cross children attend?
4. What color hair does Thomas Pierce have?
5. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)