|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
2. What name is given to Room 111 at the Cross children's school?
(a) Artist's room.
(b) Blue room.
3. Where does Soneji's stepmother lock him up in when he is a child?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the attic.
4. What does Cross realize Soneji has done to the rifle that has been firing shots?
(a) It has been jammed.
(b) It has been thrown over the balcony.
(c) It has been stolen from a policeman.
(d) It is on a timing device.
5. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
(c) Rock and roll.
(d) Country music.
6. How does Soneji describe Cross when he sees him outside the train?
(a) Six three and well-built.
(b) Short and slim.
(c) Five ten and muscular.
(d) Average height and pudgy.
7. How many people has Mr. Smith killed?
8. What is the name of the hotel where Soneji stays after committing the Penn Station murders?
(a) Trump Towers.
(b) Marriott Times Square.
(c) The Plaza.
(d) The Luzerne.
9. Who is Gary Murphy?
(a) A bank teller.
(b) Soneji. This is his real name.
(c) A grocery store clerk.
(d) A blood bank worker.
10. What does Cross have tested at Quantico?
(a) Rosie the cat.
(b) A suitcase with a bomb inside.
(d) A stuffed animal.
11. What does Soneji use to watch Cross at the school?
(b) Telescopic sight on a rifle.
(d) Video camera.
12. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) Hiking boots.
(c) A train set.
(d) A baseball glove.
13. Where is Isabella Calais killed?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Portland, Maine.
14. What is Christine planning to have for dinner before she agrees to go out to eat with Cross?
(a) A turkey sandwich.
(b) Sugar Puffs.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Chinese takeout.
15. How is the day described when Alex Cross drops his children off at school?
(a) Hot late June morning.
(b) Rainy May morning.
(c) Beautiful June morning.
(d) Snowy March morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Smith dressed at the beginning of Chapter 32?
2. When Soneji is eleven, what does he steal from a neighboring farm?
3. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
4. What is Kyle Craig's opinion of Thomas Pierce in Chapter 31?
5. In what month does Christine's husband die?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)