|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By train.
2. What is Christine planning to have for dinner before she agrees to go out to eat with Cross?
(a) Sugar Puffs.
(b) Eggs and toast.
(c) A turkey sandwich.
(d) Chinese takeout.
3. How does Soneji describe Cross when he sees him outside the train?
(a) Average height and pudgy.
(b) Six three and well-built.
(c) Five ten and muscular.
(d) Short and slim.
4. What architectural style is Alex Cross' house?
(c) Ranch style.
5. What kind of car does Cross drive when he drops his children off at their school?
6. What disease does Soneji get in prison?
7. The newspaper stories Kyle faxes to Cross in Chapter 37 are about whom?
(b) Cross and Sampson.
(c) Mr. Smith.
8. What is special about the day for Soneji in Chapter 6?
(a) He has received a card from his stepmother.
(b) It is the anniversary of his release from prison.
(c) He pledges to begin a life free of crime.
(d) It is his birthday.
9. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washinton, D.C.
10. Who is Gary Murphy?
(a) A bank teller.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) A blood bank worker.
(d) Soneji. This is his real name.
11. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
(a) He is afraid Cross will catch him.
(b) He thinks Cross has recognized him.
(c) Cross is smart.
(d) Soneji is the best Cross has ever faced by far.
12. Where is Union Station?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York City.
13. When Cross returns home after working on the Penn Station killings, what does he find in the refrigerator?
(c) Lemon Meringue pie.
14. What is the name on Soneji's driver's license that he shows the police on the Metroliner?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) Mike Jones.
(c) Samuel Reilly.
(d) Neil Stuart.
15. Where do the NYPD detectives say Soneji is believed to have been headed in a cab?
(a) To the Bronx.
(b) To Brooklyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the Cross children?
2. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
3. How does Jannie answer when Cross calls home from New York City in Chapter 44?
4. What color hair does Thomas Pierce have?
5. What does Soneji use to kill Detective Goldman?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)