|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
(a) The train porter.
(b) Goldman's partner.
(c) Detective Goldman.
(d) Alex Cross.
2. What is the title of the book that Cross tries to read while at the New York Marriott Hotel?
(a) "Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man."
(b) "Roman Fever."
(c) "Stories by Anton Chekhov."
(d) "Angela's Ashes."
3. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
(b) Lunch lady.
4. What name does the press call Mr. Smith?
5. In what month does Christine's husband die?
6. What kind of car does Cross drive when he drops his children off at their school?
7. What does Soneji put on his head in the Cross' home?
(a) Ski hat.
(b) Panama hat.
(c) Georgetown ball cap.
(d) Cowboy hat.
8. What architectural style is Alex Cross' house?
(c) Ranch style.
9. What is the name of the chief inspector in Chapter 2?
10. What does Cross say about the door to the room from which Soneji's rifle is being fired in Chapter 11?
(a) He must break it open.
(b) That Soneji has left it open for them.
(c) It is already locked.
(d) The lock is jammed.
11. What kind of vehicle is Soneji driving when he watches Cross drop off his children at their school?
(a) Blue minivan.
(b) Orange truck.
(c) Black Jeep Cherokee.
(d) White convertible.
12. What name is given to Room 111 at the Cross children's school?
(a) Blue room.
(b) Artist's room.
13. What has Nana taught Cross to play?
14. What is the relationship between Goldman and Carmine Groza?
(b) College friends.
(c) Employer and employee.
15. What is the name on Soneji's driver's license that he shows the police on the Metroliner?
(a) Samuel Reilly.
(b) Neil Stuart.
(c) Jim Smith.
(d) Mike Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
2. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
3. What time of day is it when Soneji comes up from Detective Goldman's basement and sees the clock on the Sony television?
4. What does Soneji throw at a businessman passing him on a New York City street?
5. Whom does Soneji see in Chapter 8 that he says appears as if "put there by the hand of God?"
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)