|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
(a) Jamal Autry.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Shareef Thomas.
2. What does Mr. Smith leave under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?
(a) A written confession for the police.
(b) The murder weapon.
(d) A duffel bag.
3. How does Soneji describe Cross when he sees him outside the train?
(a) Six three and well-built.
(b) Short and slim.
(c) Five ten and muscular.
(d) Average height and pudgy.
4. Where does Cross meet Christine in New York City?
(a) Penn Station.
(b) Greyhound bus terminal.
(c) JFK airport.
(d) Grand Central Station.
5. What is Cross doing with his kids as Nana looks on in Chapter 15?
(a) Challenging them to a race.
(b) Wrestling with them.
(c) Warning them about dangerous people.
(d) Telling them they have to stay locked in the house for safety.
6. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
7. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
(a) Dickie Hickock.
(b) Perry Smith.
(c) Charlie Whitman.
(d) The Boston Strangler.
8. What does Cross have tested at Quantico?
(a) A suitcase with a bomb inside.
(b) Rosie the cat.
(d) A stuffed animal.
9. What is the relationship between Goldman and Carmine Groza?
(b) Employer and employee.
(c) College friends.
10. What disease does Soneji get in prison?
11. What does Soneji use to watch Cross at the school?
(b) Telescopic sight on a rifle.
(d) Video camera.
12. When does Cross' pager beep in Chapter 21?
(a) Before he gets out of the car.
(b) When he is waiting for Christine.
(c) After he has kissed Christine.
(d) Right after he has left work.
13. What are the names of the Cross children?
(a) Sara and Owen.
(b) Sasha and Henry.
(c) Jessica and David.
(d) Jannie and Damon.
14. What item does Soneji want as a boy, but never gets?
(a) A train set.
(b) A baseball glove.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) Hiking boots.
15. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
(a) Advertising Art Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Smith located in Chapter 2?
2. Who is Gary Murphy?
3. How does Cross get to New York after he learns about Goldman's death?
4. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
5. What is Soneji's wife's name?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)