|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to answer Sampson's questions in Chapter 26?
(a) Detective Goldman.
(b) Alex Cross.
(c) The train porter.
(d) Goldman's partner.
2. What does Mr. Smith leave for Sondra Greenberg?
(b) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
3. What is the title of the book that Cross tries to read while at the New York Marriott Hotel?
(a) "Angela's Ashes."
(b) "Stories by Anton Chekhov."
(c) "Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man."
(d) "Roman Fever."
4. What does Soneji say about Cross after they make eye contact through the train's windows?
(a) He is afraid Cross will catch him.
(b) Soneji is the best Cross has ever faced by far.
(c) He thinks Cross has recognized him.
(d) Cross is smart.
5. What does Cross have tested at Quantico?
(a) Rosie the cat.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(d) A suitcase with a bomb inside.
6. Who is Soneji's favorite murderer?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Dickie Hickock.
(c) Charlie Whitman.
(d) The Boston Strangler.
7. What does Sampson find in the doghouse at Soneji's ex-wife's house?
(a) Her decapitated head.
(b) A sleeping dog.
(d) A note to Alex.
8. What large object is on the porch of the Cross' home?
(a) Potted palm tree.
9. Where does Chet Elliott work?
(a) The Administration for FBI.
(b) The NYPD.
(c) The FBI Detective Offices.
(d) The FBI's Scientific Analysis Section.
10. What is one of the reasons the children believe the school is "their school?"
(a) They get to choose the teachers.
(b) They create the lunch menus.
(c) Stairwells are decorated with student artwork and projects.
(d) They raise funds to keep it going.
11. What does Jannie say about Cross when he is ready to leave for his date with Christine?
(a) He looks beautiful.
(b) His cologne is too heavy.
(c) He needs a tie.
(d) He cut his cheek shaving.
12. Whom does Cross find at the crack house in Brooklyn?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Shareef Thomas.
(d) Jamal Autry.
13. What kind of car does Cross drive when he drops his children off at their school?
14. What is stuck in the rain gutter on the Cross' home?
(b) Tree limb.
15. What does Christine Johnson say about Damon Cross in Chapter 5?
(a) He is a really good person.
(b) He is a problem student.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is friendly, but does not work hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Soneji disguised when he is in the bar "Tatou?"
2. What occupation does Christine Johnson have?
3. What are the names of the Cross children?
4. What kind of job does Jean Summerhill have?
5. Mr. Smith is listening to what kind of music as he kills the police inspector?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)