* Gary Soneji wants to punish the detective Alex Cross for the years he has spent in jail.
* He plans to commit crimes that will make him famous.
* Soneji watches Cross' house from across the street and notices evidence of the children who live there.
* He sees the silhouette of an old woman inside the house.
* He enters the house, hides in the basement, and enjoys looking through the family's belongings while thinking that they will all soon be dead.
* Mr. Smith, a brutal killer who has victims in Europe and the United States, has the London police stymied because there is no pattern to his killings.
* His first victim is Isabella Calais, a young woman from Cambridge, Massachusetts.
* His latest victim is the London Chief Inspector.
* As Mr. Smith watches him die, he thinks about the press coverage of the murder.
This section contains 2,577 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)