|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the djinn's mother?
2. The soldier hopes to collect money in exchange for ____.
3. What does the soldier have hidden under his hat?
4. The soldier claims that ____ weaken a person.
5. Who might know the location of Flower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
2. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
3. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
4. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
5. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
6. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
7. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
8. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
9. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
10. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the Castle in the air. What is the meaning of having the castle float, change, and move from place to place? What is the symbolism of the castle? How is it enchanted? What is Sophie's explanation? Will the castle be able to return to its normal condition or will it be forever enchanted in some way?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)