|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might know the location of Flower?
2. The soldier claims that ____ weaken a person.
3. Whippersnapper is fond of playing with a ____.
4. What is Abdullah's next wish?
5. What is the surname of the Royal Wizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
2. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
3. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
4. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
5. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
6. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
7. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
8. Discuss Abdullah's decision to travel with the old soldier. How does the old soldier help Abdullah?
9. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
10. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Hasruel and Dalzel. Compare and contrast the brothers, their goals, and actions.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)