|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days will it take to travel on foot?
2. Who was the first to hear the noise on the wind?
3. Who sent a warning to the king?
4. What is the new name for the creature sitting on Abdullah's chest?
5. The djinn refers to Abdullah as a(n) _____ hero.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
2. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
3. What is the soldier's theory regarding the genie?
4. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
5. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
8. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
9. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
10. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
Essay Topic 3
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)