|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a warning to the king?
2. Who was the first to hear the noise on the wind?
3. The soldier tells Abdullah to wish for ______.
4. Which item does the soldier stow behind the tree?
5. The djinn explains that he is _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
2. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
3. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
4. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
5. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
6. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
7. Discuss Abdullah's decision to travel with the old soldier. How does the old soldier help Abdullah?
8. What is the soldier's theory regarding the genie?
9. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
10. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)