|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah complains that he is tired of _____.
2. Which is not one of the items stolen?
3. What is the name of the djinn's brother?
4. The pair decides to travel to which location?
5. What is the name of the Wizard's house servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
2. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
3. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
4. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
5. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
6. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
7. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
8. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
9. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
10. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story involving the Castle in the Air. Use details from the story but be original in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happens to Sophie and Morgan. How does the old soldier recognize that the cats are enchanted? What is Sophie's special gift? Why is the spell placed on the woman and child? How is the spell broken? What might you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)