|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the princes did not step forward?
2. How many constables arrive at the inn?
3. Abdullah commands the carpet by using ___.
4. The genie complains because Abdullah is too ____.
5. The soldier tells Abdullah to wish for ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
2. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
3. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
4. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
5. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
6. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
7. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
8. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
9. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
10. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story involving the Castle in the Air. Use details from the story but be original in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
When Abdullah meets Flower, he learns that she is betrothed to the Prince of Ochistan. Discuss arranged marriages. Why are marriages between royals arranged? Are arranged marriages political in nature? Are the marriages arranged to ensure continued bloodlines? How is a dowry involved? What is the importance of an arranged marriage? How does it affect the betrothed? Why are children promised to others when they are born? Do arranged marriages still occur? What happens if the marriage is broken? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the djinns are tricked. Who devises the plan? What could have gone wrong? How do the djinns know they have been tricked? What is their reaction? How might you react? How can the princesses, Abdullah and the others be sure that the djinns will keep their promises?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)