|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many constables arrive at the inn?
2. What is the name of the djinn's brother?
3. Abdullah wishes for ____ to live a life of ease.
4. What was the attitude of the soldier when he spotted Kingsbury?
5. Other than changing clothes, what is the biggest change the soldier makes to his appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
2. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
3. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
4. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
5. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
8. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
9. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
10. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the Castle in the air. What is the meaning of having the castle float, change, and move from place to place? What is the symbolism of the castle? How is it enchanted? What is Sophie's explanation? Will the castle be able to return to its normal condition or will it be forever enchanted in some way?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)