|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the kitten?
2. Which of the princes did not step forward?
3. How many constables arrive at the inn?
4. Abdullah tells the landlord that the cats are a gift for a ____.
5. What is the name of the Princess of Ingary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
2. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
3. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
4. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
5. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
6. What is the soldier's theory regarding the genie?
7. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
8. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
9. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
10. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Zanzib to the southern lands, including Ingary, Strangia and Kingsbury. What are the major differences? Examine how each culture dresses and behaves in public. Also, discuss the differences in trade. What is Abdullah's reaction to the changes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)