|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The genie claims that nothing will keep Abdullah from taking a ____ way of life.
2. What is the new name for the creature sitting on Abdullah's chest?
3. Which of the princes did not step forward?
4. Abdullah suffers from which skin condition?
5. The Wizard's house is located in the ___ Quarter.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
2. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
3. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
4. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
5. What is the soldier's theory regarding the genie?
6. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
7. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
8. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
9. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
10. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 2
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Zanzib to the southern lands, including Ingary, Strangia and Kingsbury. What are the major differences? Examine how each culture dresses and behaves in public. Also, discuss the differences in trade. What is Abdullah's reaction to the changes?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)