|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the djinn's mother?
2. The genie threatens to turn Abdullah into a ____.
3. Who was the first to hear the noise on the wind?
4. The Wizard's house is located in the ___ Quarter.
5. What had been stolen from the innkeepers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
2. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
3. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
4. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
5. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
6. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
7. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
8. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
9. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
10. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)