|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a warning to the king?
2. Whippersnapper is fond of playing with a ____.
3. How many scratches does the soldier receive?
4. The king is more interested in creating a catalog for ____.
5. The djinn refers to Abdullah as a(n) _____ hero.
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
2. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
3. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
4. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
5. How does the soldier attempt to empathize with Abdullah?
6. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
7. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
8. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
9. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
10. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hasruel's habit of creating havoc. Why does Hasruel make it a point to torture those who possess the bottle? How does it help Hasruel's situation? Give examples of how Hasruel complicated Abdullah's wishes. How might Abdullah and the old solider avoid catastrophes? What would you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)