|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The djinn makes reference to the King of High ______.
2. The king is more interested in creating a catalog for ____.
3. How old is the princess?
4. Who might know the location of Flower?
5. Abdullah tells the soldier he was directed to the inn by a(n) _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
2. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
3. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
4. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
5. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
6. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
7. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
8. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
9. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
10. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
Essay Topic 3
When Abdullah meets Flower, he learns that she is betrothed to the Prince of Ochistan. Discuss arranged marriages. Why are marriages between royals arranged? Are arranged marriages political in nature? Are the marriages arranged to ensure continued bloodlines? How is a dowry involved? What is the importance of an arranged marriage? How does it affect the betrothed? Why are children promised to others when they are born? Do arranged marriages still occur? What happens if the marriage is broken? Explain.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)