|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier make for dinner?
2. What is the name of the Wizard's wife?
3. Abdullah dreams that a ____ is sitting on his chest.
4. What is the name of the djinn's brother?
5. The djinn tells Abdullah that he poses as ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
2. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
3. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
4. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
5. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
6. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
7. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
8. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
9. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
10. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Hasruel and Dalzel. Compare and contrast the brothers, their goals, and actions.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)