|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The djinn tells Abdullah that he poses as ____.
2. The genie claims that nothing will keep Abdullah from taking a ____ way of life.
3. Abdullah suffers from which skin condition?
4. What is the name of the Wizard's house servant?
5. The pair decides to travel to which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
2. Discuss Abdullah's decision to travel with the old soldier. How does the old soldier help Abdullah?
3. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
4. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
5. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
6. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
7. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
8. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
9. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
10. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happens to Sophie and Morgan. How does the old soldier recognize that the cats are enchanted? What is Sophie's special gift? Why is the spell placed on the woman and child? How is the spell broken? What might you do in a similar situation?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)