|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of the Royal Wizard?
2. How many men participate in staging the ambush?
3. The djinn relays the story of ____ angel servants.
4. Abdullah commands the carpet by using ___.
5. What does the soldier find in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
2. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
3. What causes Abdullah to waste a wish?
4. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
5. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
6. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
7. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
8. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
9. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
10. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
Essay Topic 3
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)