|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wa used as a model for the designs on the buildings?
2. What is the name of the djinn?
3. The king is more interested in creating a catalog for ____.
4. Abdullah commands the carpet by using ___.
5. The djinn explains that he is _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Aqba falls to the ground? What is revealed?
2. Discuss Abdullah's decision to travel with the old soldier. How does the old soldier help Abdullah?
3. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
4. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
5. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
6. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
7. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
8. Explain how Abdullah challenges Fate.
9. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
10. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the djinns are tricked. Who devises the plan? What could have gone wrong? How do the djinns know they have been tricked? What is their reaction? How might you react? How can the princesses, Abdullah and the others be sure that the djinns will keep their promises?
Essay Topic 2
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)