|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah tells the soldier that he is not fond of which of the following?
2. The sky turns all but which color?
3. The soldier says he would have made a good ____.
4. What had been stolen from the innkeepers?
5. How many scratches does the soldier receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
2. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
3. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
4. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
5. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
6. What does Abdullah learn about the old soldier?
7. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
8. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
9. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
10. What happens when the constables arrive at the inn searching for Abdullah and the soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the djinns are tricked. Who devises the plan? What could have gone wrong? How do the djinns know they have been tricked? What is their reaction? How might you react? How can the princesses, Abdullah and the others be sure that the djinns will keep their promises?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)