|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cushion is stuffed with which kind of feathers?
2. Approximately how many princesses have been kidnapped?
3. The king is more interested in creating a catalog for ____.
4. Abdullah complains because of an injury to his ____.
5. What is the name of the Wizard's house servant?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)