|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives is a man allowed to have?
2. What wish is the genie unable to grant?
3. One of the soldiers comments that the people of Zanzib lack _____.
4. What color is the bottle?
5. The genie claims that he likes the old man because he shines with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
2. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
3. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
4. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
5. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
6. How does Abdullah operate his business?
7. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
8. Abdullah has a vivid imagination and has created an elaborate fantasy about his family. What is the fantasy?
9. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
10. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Hasruel and Dalzel. Compare and contrast the brothers, their goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Zanzib to the southern lands, including Ingary, Strangia and Kingsbury. What are the major differences? Examine how each culture dresses and behaves in public. Also, discuss the differences in trade. What is Abdullah's reaction to the changes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)