|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish is the genie unable to grant?
2. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
3. What color was the stone in the gold broach?
4. Abdullah often recounts his kidnapping by ____ Aqba.
5. What word is used to describe the home of Abdullah's father's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
2. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
3. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
4. How does Abdullah operate his business?
5. Abdullah has a vivid imagination and has created an elaborate fantasy about his family. What is the fantasy?
6. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
7. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
8. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
9. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
10. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the djinns are tricked. Who devises the plan? What could have gone wrong? How do the djinns know they have been tricked? What is their reaction? How might you react? How can the princesses, Abdullah and the others be sure that the djinns will keep their promises?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story involving the Castle in the Air. Use details from the story but be original in the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)