|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah refers to the artist as a ______ of the paintbrush.
2. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
3. A stranger approaches Abdullah with the hopes of selling a ______.
4. Abdullah says the King will not permit the marriage because he is ____.
5. Which of the following words does not describe the Princess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
2. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
3. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
4. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
5. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
6. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
7. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
8. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
9. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
10. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the Castle in the air. What is the meaning of having the castle float, change, and move from place to place? What is the symbolism of the castle? How is it enchanted? What is Sophie's explanation? Will the castle be able to return to its normal condition or will it be forever enchanted in some way?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 3
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)