Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
2. Abdullah believes that the man might be a ____.
3. Abdullah compares the old man to a _____.
4. What is the name of the Princess?
5. Whom does Abdullah meet in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
2. What happens to Dalzel after the spell is broken?
3. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
4. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
5. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
8. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
9. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
Essay Topic 1
When Abdullah meets Flower, he learns that she is betrothed to the Prince of Ochistan. Discuss arranged marriages. Why are marriages between royals arranged? Are arranged marriages political in nature? Are the marriages arranged to ensure continued bloodlines? How is a dowry involved? What is the importance of an arranged marriage? How does it affect the betrothed? Why are children promised to others when they are born? Do arranged marriages still occur? What happens if the marriage is broken? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of the Castle in the air. What is the meaning of having the castle float, change, and move from place to place? What is the symbolism of the castle? How is it enchanted? What is Sophie's explanation? Will the castle be able to return to its normal condition or will it be forever enchanted in some way?
Essay Topic 3
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)