|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item does Abdullah promise to provide to the Princess?
2. The sultan claims that he cannot cheat ___.
3. What is the name of the city in which Abdullah lives?
4. What does Kabul take with him when he goes to bed?
5. What word is used to describe the garment of the princess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
2. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
3. What happens after the carpet arrives?
4. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
5. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
6. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
7. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
8. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
9. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
10. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story involving the Castle in the Air. Use details from the story but be original in the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)