Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
2. Abdullah believes that the man might be a ____.
3. Abdullah compares the old man to a _____.
4. What is the name of the Princess?
5. Whom does Abdullah meet in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
2. What happens to Dalzel after the spell is broken?
3. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
4. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
5. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
8. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
9. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
Essay Topic 1
Explain Abdullah's relationship with his father's family. Why does Abdullah associate with them? Are they related in any way? What power does the family have over Abdullah? Why are they so mean? What does the family hope to gain by Abdullah's success? What is Abdullah's opinion of the family? Does his opinion change throughout the story? Do you think Abdullah will associate with the family after he marries Flower? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Hasruel's habit of creating havoc. Why does Hasruel make it a point to torture those who possess the bottle? How does it help Hasruel's situation? Give examples of how Hasruel complicated Abdullah's wishes. How might Abdullah and the old solider avoid catastrophes? What would you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)