|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the lamps that hang in the trees?
2. What does Kabul take with him when he goes to bed?
3. Which item it does Abdullah lose when he meets the Princess?
4. What word is used to describe the home of Abdullah's father's family?
5. What is the name of the group of cities and countries where Abdullah lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
2. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
3. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
4. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
5. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
6. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
7. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
8. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
9. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
10. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hasruel's habit of creating havoc. Why does Hasruel make it a point to torture those who possess the bottle? How does it help Hasruel's situation? Give examples of how Hasruel complicated Abdullah's wishes. How might Abdullah and the old solider avoid catastrophes? What would you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Hasruel and Dalzel. Compare and contrast the brothers, their goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Zanzib to the southern lands, including Ingary, Strangia and Kingsbury. What are the major differences? Examine how each culture dresses and behaves in public. Also, discuss the differences in trade. What is Abdullah's reaction to the changes?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)