|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wishes per day will the genie grant?
2. What is the name of Abdullah's detested cousin?
3. Abdullah compares the old man to a _____.
4. A stranger approaches Abdullah with the hopes of selling a ______.
5. What color is the bottle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
2. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
3. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
4. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
5. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
6. What happens after the carpet arrives?
7. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
9. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
10. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
Essay Topic 2
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)