|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The genie claims that he likes the old man because he shines with _____.
2. What about the man's appearance disgusts Abdullah?
3. What is the name of the Princess?
4. What wish is the genie unable to grant?
5. The Princess is betrothed to the Prince of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the carpet arrives?
2. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
3. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
4. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
5. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
6. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
7. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
9. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
10. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story involving the Castle in the Air. Use details from the story but be original in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)