|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sultan refers to Abdullah as the son of a(n) ____ excrement.
2. What is the total amount of Abdullah's bill?
3. What color is the inn?
4. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
5. The genie claims that he is ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
2. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
3. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
4. What happens after the carpet arrives?
5. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
6. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
7. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
9. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
10. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)