|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wishes per day will the genie grant?
2. Which of the following is offered by the genie instead?
3. Abdullah tells Jamal to escape by running in which direction?
4. Who/what arrives suddenly in the dungeon?
5. The sultan claims that he cannot cheat ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the old soldier's repeated complaint?
2. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
3. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
4. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
5. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
6. What happens when Abdullah calls for the return of the carpet?
7. Describe how the plan plays out. What is Abdullah's role?
8. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
9. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
This section contains 1,657 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)