|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives is a man allowed to have?
2. What word is used to describe the garment of the princess?
3. The artist gives ____ reasons as to why he thinks Abdullah is mad.
4. What wish is the genie unable to grant?
5. The Princess is betrothed to the Prince of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
2. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
3. How does Abdullah operate his business?
4. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
5. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
6. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
7. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
8. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
9. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
10. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Zanzib to the southern lands, including Ingary, Strangia and Kingsbury. What are the major differences? Examine how each culture dresses and behaves in public. Also, discuss the differences in trade. What is Abdullah's reaction to the changes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)