|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe the garment of the princess?
2. Which item it does Abdullah lose when he meets the Princess?
3. What word is used to describe the home of Abdullah's father's family?
4. Whom does Abdullah meet in the desert?
5. Abdullah wakes to the oppressive the smell of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
2. How does Abdullah operate his business?
3. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
4. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
5. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
6. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
7. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
8. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
9. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
10. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
Essay Topic 3
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)