|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah often recounts his kidnapping by ____ Aqba.
2. The genie claims that he is ____.
3. Which of the following words does not describe the Princess?
4. How many pictures does Abdullah buy?
5. The artist gives ____ reasons as to why he thinks Abdullah is mad.
Short Essay Questions
1. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
2. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
3. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
4. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
5. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
6. What happens the following day at the Bazaar?
7. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
9. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
10. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses foreshadowing in several parts of the story. Choose at least three examples of foreshadowing. Explain each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the princesses intimidate the djinns. Who is the most intimidating? Which princess causes the most trouble? How do the djinns react? What is Flower's part in the plan to intimidate the djinns? What are the djinns willing to do to keep the princesses in line? Does the plan work? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)