|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands is a woman allowed to have?
2. How many wives is a man allowed to have?
3. What color was the stone in the gold broach?
4. Abdullah is a ____ merchant.
5. What is the name of the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abdullah operate his business?
2. What happens after Abdullah leaves the Red Lion?
3. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
4. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
5. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
8. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
9. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
10. Describe how the plan plays out. What is Abdullah's role?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
This section contains 1,697 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)