|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives is a man allowed to have?
2. Who wakes Abdullah the next morning?
3. Abdullah is a ____ merchant.
4. The Princess is betrothed to the Prince of ____.
5. Abdullah refers to the artist as a ______ of the paintbrush.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
2. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
3. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
4. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
5. How does Abdullah operate his business?
6. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
7. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
8. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
9. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
10. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dalzel has an unusual background compared to Hasruel and the other djinns. Explain in detail Dalzel's background and unusual position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)