|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is contained in the bottle?
2. What word is used to describe the garment of the princess?
3. Which item does Abdullah promise to provide to the Princess?
4. What wish is the genie unable to grant?
5. The Princess is betrothed to the Prince of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
2. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
3. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
4. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
5. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
6. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
7. How does Abdullah operate his business?
8. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
9. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
10. What happens the following day at the Bazaar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happens to Sophie and Morgan. How does the old soldier recognize that the cats are enchanted? What is Sophie's special gift? Why is the spell placed on the woman and child? How is the spell broken? What might you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Abdullah's relationship with his father's family. Why does Abdullah associate with them? Are they related in any way? What power does the family have over Abdullah? Why are they so mean? What does the family hope to gain by Abdullah's success? What is Abdullah's opinion of the family? Does his opinion change throughout the story? Do you think Abdullah will associate with the family after he marries Flower? Explain.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)