|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the stone in the gold broach?
2. What is the name of Abdullah's detested cousin?
3. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
4. Abdullah says the King will not permit the marriage because he is ____.
5. What is Kabul's wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
2. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
3. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
4. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
5. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
6. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
7. Examine the scene in which Flower is kidnapped.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
9. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
10. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the initial meeting between Abdullah and Kabul Aqba. When and where did it occur? What happens? What dilemma does Aqba face? What decision does Aqba have to make in regards to the genie? How does Abdullah help? How does the meeting change Abdullah's feelings about his fantasy?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)