|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Abdullah the next morning?
2. What kind of weapon does the bandit hold?
3. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
4. What is the total amount of Abdullah's bill?
5. What does Kabul take with him when he goes to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
2. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
3. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
4. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
5. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
6. What happens after the carpet arrives?
7. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
9. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
10. How does Abdullah operate his business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 2
What happens after the plan to trick the djinns is put into motion? Is the plan successful? Who supplies inside information? What might have happened if the information was incorrect? How does Abdullah use the information to save Hasruel? Is Hasruel appreciative? How does Dalzel react?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)