Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
2. Abdullah believes that the man might be a ____.
3. Abdullah compares the old man to a _____.
4. What is the name of the Princess?
5. Whom does Abdullah meet in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the princes done to save the princesses? Why is Abdullah not a good choice to save the princesses?
2. What happens to Dalzel after the spell is broken?
3. What happens when Abdullah reaches the house of the Royal Wizard?
4. Why has Hasruel been stealing princesses?
5. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
6. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
7. Hasruel explains that he has appeared in many forms before Abdullah. Give some examples.
8. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
9. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Discuss the Sulimans and their duties. What are their titles? What are their responsibilities? What kinds of powers do they possess? Why do Lettie and Sophie not want people to know that they are witches? What happens to the Sulimans?
Explain how the djinns are tricked. Who devises the plan? What could have gone wrong? How do the djinns know they have been tricked? What is their reaction? How might you react? How can the princesses, Abdullah and the others be sure that the djinns will keep their promises?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)