|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the pictures were found by the sultan?
2. What is the first word Abdullah uses to coax the magic carpet?
3. Who wakes Abdullah the next morning?
4. The genie claims that he is ____.
5. Abdullah is a ____ merchant.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
2. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
3. How does Abdullah operate his business?
4. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
5. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
6. Abdullah has a vivid imagination and has created an elaborate fantasy about his family. What is the fantasy?
7. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
8. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
9. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in as much detail as possible, Abdullah's fantasy regarding his childhood. How does Abdullah's fantasy play out?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Dalzel's plans for kidnapping the princesses. Why does he force Hasruel to carry out his plans? What is the plan? What happens? How does the plan go awry? What is learned from the failed plan?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)