|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah compares the old man to a _____.
2. What is Kabul's wish?
3. Abdullah often dreams of being kidnapped by a ____.
4. What is the name of Abdullah's detested cousin?
5. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
2. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
3. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
4. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
5. Explain the scene in which Abdullah meets the Sultan.
6. Abdullah manages to escape with the aid of the magic carpet. What event occurs the next morning?
7. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
8. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
9. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
10. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and Flower. Is it a realistic relationship? Is it love or infatuation? What is the difference? Do you think two people can fall in love so quickly? Explain. Do you think the couple is compatible? How might the Sultan react to the news of the marriage? Do you think the couple can be happy?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Hasruel's plans for leaving. Why would the good djinns shun him? Why will Hasruel and Dalzel part company? Where will each go? What do you think will happen to Hasruel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Hasruel and Dalzel. Compare and contrast the brothers, their goals, and actions.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)