|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah often dreams of being kidnapped by a ____.
2. How many husbands is a woman allowed to have?
3. The genie claims that he likes the old man because he shines with _____.
4. The sultan refers to Abdullah as the son of a(n) ____ excrement.
5. The sultan claims that he cannot cheat ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the misunderstanding between Flower and Abdullah?
2. How does the story end?
3. What is Abdullah's opinion about taking the cats on their travels?
4. What happens the following day at the Bazaar?
5. Abdullah orders the djinn to stop struggling and to explain himself. What is the djinn's explanation?
6. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
7. Discuss the scene in which Abdullah meets Kabul Aqba.
8. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
9. Discuss the camaraderie between the men in the evening.
10. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hasruel's habit of creating havoc. Why does Hasruel make it a point to torture those who possess the bottle? How does it help Hasruel's situation? Give examples of how Hasruel complicated Abdullah's wishes. How might Abdullah and the old solider avoid catastrophes? What would you do in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Abdullah and the old soldier. Compare and contrast their mannerisms, beliefs, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Abdullah's relationship with his father's family. Why does Abdullah associate with them? Are they related in any way? What power does the family have over Abdullah? Why are they so mean? What does the family hope to gain by Abdullah's success? What is Abdullah's opinion of the family? Does his opinion change throughout the story? Do you think Abdullah will associate with the family after he marries Flower? Explain.
This section contains 1,726 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)