|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The princess declares that she has never seen a ____.
2. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
3. The genie claims that he likes the old man because he shines with _____.
4. What makes Abdullah melancholy?
5. Abdullah wakes to the oppressive the smell of ____.
(b) Horse manure.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sultan refers to Abdullah as the son of a(n) ____ excrement.
2. The Princess is betrothed to the Prince of ____.
3. Abdullah refers to the genie as a ____ magnificence.
4. Who wakes Abdullah the next morning?
5. Whom does Abdullah meet in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Abdullah returns to the Bazaar.
2. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
3. Explain the scene in which Abdullah goes to the Emporium to visit his father's family.
4. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
5. What Is Abdullah's reaction? What occurs next?
6. What happens after the carpet arrives?
7. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
8. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
9. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
10. Abdullah has a vivid imagination and has created an elaborate fantasy about his family. What is the fantasy?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)