|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the garment of the princess?
2. Abdullah believes that the man might be a ____.
(a) Tax collector.
3. Who/what arrives suddenly in the dungeon?
(d) Jamal's dog.
4. A stranger approaches Abdullah with the hopes of selling a ______.
(c) Magic carpet.
5. What is the name of the Princess?
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah refers to the genie as a ____ magnificence.
2. What about the man's appearance disgusts Abdullah?
3. The sultan claims that he cannot cheat ___.
4. Abdullah refers to the artist as a ______ of the paintbrush.
5. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
2. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
3. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
4. Who is Abdullah? What is his job?
5. What is Abdullah's relationship with his father's family?
6. What happens the following day at the Bazaar?
7. Examine Abdullah's thoughts once he is thrown into prison.
8. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
9. What happens after the carpet arrives?
10. What is Abdullah's explanation about what happened in the garden?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)