|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the soldiers comments that the people of Zanzib lack _____.
2. What does Kabul take with him when he goes to bed?
3. What is served for dinner?
(a) Kidney pie.
(b) Mincemeat pie.
(c) Shepherd's pie.
(d) Game pie.
4. How many of the pictures were found by the sultan?
5. The artist gives ____ reasons as to why he thinks Abdullah is mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdullah is a ____ merchant.
2. The sultan refers to Abdullah as the son of a(n) ____ excrement.
3. What is the first word Abdullah uses to coax the magic carpet?
4. Abdullah believes that the man might be a ____.
5. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men stop to find a campsite?
2. How does the old soldier behave in reference to the cats?
3. What was Hasruel's plan? Why did has it failed?
4. What is the soldier's theory regarding the genie?
5. What is the djinn? What is the djinn's story?
6. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
7. Why are the soldier and the genie not pleased with the new travel arrangements?
8. Explain Abdullah's next trip to the garden aboard the magic carpet.
9. Explain Abdullah's first journey on the carpet.
10. How does Abdullah intervene when the soldier insists on preparing a bath for the cats?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)