|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pictures does Abdullah buy?
2. Abdullah compares the robbers to which precious stone?
3. What is the last word Abdullah uses to coax a magic carpet before giving up?
4. A stranger approaches Abdullah with the hopes of selling a ______.
(b) Magic carpet.
5. What color is the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist gives ____ reasons as to why he thinks Abdullah is mad.
2. How many of the pictures were found by the sultan?
3. The genie claims that he is ____.
4. One of the soldiers comments that the people of Zanzib lack _____.
5. The sultan claims that he cannot cheat ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Sultan's view on women.
2. Why does Abdullah choose to go to the desert? What happens when Abdullah lands in the desert?
3. Explain the scene in which Abdullah is approached at the Bazaar by a stranger.
4. What happens after the carpet arrives?
5. What is Abdullah's plan to escape?
6. What are Abdullah's actions following the purchase of the carpet?
7. Abdullah has a vivid imagination and has created an elaborate fantasy about his family. What is the fantasy?
8. How does Abdullah operate his business?
9. Discuss Abdullah's first meeting with the princess.
10. There is a misunderstanding between Abdullah and Flower. What is the nature of the conflict?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)