Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-4 Abstract
* The reader is introduced to Abdullah.
* Abdullah works as a carpet merchant in a Bazaar.
Chapters 5-9 Abstract
* Abdullah is plagued by his father's family.
* Abdullah is considered to be a failure.
Chapters 10-13 Abstract
* A stranger offers to sell a magic carpet to Abdullah.
* Abdullah purchases the magic carpet.
* Abdullah is transported...
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)