|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
2. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
3. Where is John Haynes found dead?
4. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
5. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one story and analyze the message James is trying to convey in that story. What lesson do the characters learn in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the interaction between Mr. Wraxall and Mary Simpson. How do these characters help each other? Why does Mr. Wraxall want to help Mary Simpson? Is love a theme of this story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Dennistoun. Why does James choose to use this character in another story? What is the benefit of this? What is the significance of Dennistoun not believing in the supernatural?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)