Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
4. Where did John Haynes work?
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one story and analyze the message James is trying to convey in that story. What lesson do the characters learn in this story?
Essay Topic 2
What roles do villains play in James' stories. Choose two stories from James' collection and discuss how the villain interacts with the other characters. Is the villain always the ghost?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the plot and subplot, in "An Episode of Cathedral History." Be sure to provide the definitions for both terms in your answer. How does James effectively keep the reader engaged without confusing them?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)