Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
4. Where did John Haynes work?
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
What is the significance of the solitary traveler in James' books? Use two stories that use this character and how it relates to the plot.
How does James use the theme of greed in his stories? Choose one story that uses the theme of greed and explain whether James uses the story to teach a lesson. What is that lesson and how does James present it to the reader?
Discuss the significance of the prayer books, in "Uncommon Prayer-Books." What is the significance of this story and how does it apply to the theme of magic and religion?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)