Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
4. Where did John Haynes work?
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
Essay Topic 1
Define the term protagonist and identify who you believe is the protagonist in this one story. Supply evidence from the book that supports your argument. Then define the term antagonist and identify the antagonists in the same story. Use evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one story and analyze the message James is trying to convey in that story. What lesson do the characters learn in this story?
Essay Topic 3
How does description play a role in an author's work? How does the author use description to draw the reader into the story? What are some examples where the description does not work?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)