|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
4. Where did John Haynes work?
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
Essay Topic 1
How does James address the theme of revenge in his book? Choose two examples and explain how these examples contribute to the theme of revenge.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how superstition plays a role in the story "Number 13." Choose one other story and discuss how superstition plays a role in that story.
Essay Topic 3
What role does the supernatural play in James' stories? Choose two examples and explain how it contrasts with the theme of religion. Choose two characters and discuss their relationship with the supernatural as well.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)