|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
2. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
3. Where does Mr. Williams work?
4. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
5. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
2. Why does Parkins get rid of the metal object he finds, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? How does he get rid of it?
3. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
4. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
5. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
6. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
7. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
8. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
9. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
10. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does James use the theme of greed in his stories? Choose one story that uses the theme of greed and explain whether James uses the story to teach a lesson. What is that lesson and how does James present it to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
How does James address the theme of revenge in his book? Choose two examples and explain how these examples contribute to the theme of revenge.
Essay Topic 3
How does James treat female characters in his stories? Choose one female character and explain James' depiction of her. Is she a positive or negative character? What is the significance of James' choices?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)