|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He is found with his throat slit.
(d) He marries his high school sweetheart.
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
(a) His friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His wife and son.
3. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
(b) He dies.
(c) He meets an old witch.
(d) Something shrieks in his ear.
4. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
(a) The prayer books are replaced.
(b) Mrs. Porter is dead.
(c) The chapel burned to the ground.
(d) The chapel is gone.
5. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
(a) He used to climb it.
(b) A man hit it with his car.
(c) It was from his backyard.
(d) People were hung from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Paxton discover, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
2. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
3. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
4. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)