|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim happened to him, at the end of "A Vignette"?
(a) He went blind.
(b) He passed out.
(c) He is haunted for the rest of his life.
(d) He dies.
2. Where is the man when "A Neighbour's Landmark" begins?
(a) A field.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A library.
3. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter, " what was the dead man's coffin filled with?
4. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) A cop.
(b) The secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mr. Karswell.
5. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
2. What does the narrator ask the reader to think about, in "A Vignette"?
3. What is actually in the strange room Mr. Thomson goes into?
4. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
5. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)