|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was John Harrington murdered, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) He insulted Mr. Karswell's wife.
(b) He didn't like Mr. Karswell's paper.
(c) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(d) No reason.
2. Where is the man when "A Neighbour's Landmark" begins?
(a) A library.
(b) A field.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A bar.
3. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(a) Old shoes.
(d) Antique books.
4. In what month will a person die if he or she touches the carvings, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
5. In "Casting the Runes," what covers the sheet of paper Dunning's receives?
(b) Lipstick prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance," what does Mr. Humphrey learn is hidden in the globe?
2. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
3. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
4. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
5. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
2. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
3. What happens when Mr. Davidson returns to the church on St. Mark's day?
4. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
5. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
6. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
7. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
8. What is odd about the wood carvings in John Haynes room, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
9. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
10. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)