|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
2. Where is John Haynes found dead?
(a) The bottom of the stairs.
(b) A tree.
(c) In the church.
(d) In his bed.
3. In "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks through the hole in the fence?
(a) A face.
(b) A bear.
(c) A elf.
(d) A murder.
4. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
5. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
(a) Fell on the stairs.
(c) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Paxton discover, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
2. What does the narrator ask the reader to think about, in "A Vignette"?
3. Where did John Haynes work?
4. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
5. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the secretary play, in "Casting the Runes"?
2. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
3. What does Mr. Harrington return to Mr. Karswell, and what happens to Mr. Karswell, at the end of "Casting the Runes"?
4. How does Miss Denton use the diary, in the story "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
5. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
6. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
7. Who reads Mr. Karswell's paper, in "Casting the Runes," and what happens to this person?
8. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
9. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
10. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)