|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) A letter.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) Fifty dollars.
2. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(c) After the sunset.
(d) A pattern in the diary.
3. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) Mrs. Porter.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) The man from the hotel.
4. Where does Mr. Humphrey find a pedestal with a globe on it?
(a) The attic.
(b) The trunk.
(c) The center of the maze.
(d) The dock.
5. In "Casting the Runes," what covers the sheet of paper Dunning's receives?
(c) Lipstick prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter", what is the man found dead without?
2. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
3. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
4. Where is the man when "A Neighbour's Landmark" begins?
5. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man Mr. Davidson meets tell him about, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
3. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
4. What is odd about the wood carvings in John Haynes room, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
5. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
6. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
7. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
8. What is the legend of the three crowns?
9. What does Mr. Harrington return to Mr. Karswell, and what happens to Mr. Karswell, at the end of "Casting the Runes"?
10. What happens when Mr. Davidson returns to the church on St. Mark's day?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)