|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance," what does Mr. Humphrey learn is hidden in the globe?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A letter.
(c) A map.
2. What color is the stone Mr. Thomson finds in the road?
3. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) Travel and work.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Rob a bank.
4. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is a ghost.
(c) He is the man from the hotel.
(d) He was the head priest.
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Cooper, in the story "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
2. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
3. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
4. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
5. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks into the garden?
2. What does the old man Mr. Davidson meets tell him about, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
3. What is in the sphere at the end of "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance," and what does Mr. Humphreys decide it means?
4. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
5. What role does the secretary play, in "Casting the Runes"?
6. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
7. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
8. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
9. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
10. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)