|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
2. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
(a) A bear.
(b) A snake.
(d) A woman.
3. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
(a) A small child.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
4. What does Lady Ivy want?
(a) Her land.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her head.
5. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A school.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
2. What does Mr. Paxton discover, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
3. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
4. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
5. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
2. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
3. In the story "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks into the garden?
4. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
5. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
6. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
7. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
8. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
9. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
10. What is the legend of the three crowns?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)