|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Cooper plan to show his wife, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The antique doll.
(b) The book.
(c) The robe.
(d) The maze.
2. What color is the stone Mr. Thomson finds in the road?
3. What does the narrator ask the reader to think about, in "A Vignette"?
(a) A play.
(b) A garden.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A movie theater.
4. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) The secretary.
(b) His wife.
(c) Mr. Karswell.
(d) A cop.
5. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A museum.
(c) A school.
(d) A bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunning slip the sheet of paper into that belongs to Mr. Karswell?
2. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
3. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
4. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
5. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
2. What happens when Mr. Davidson returns to the church on St. Mark's day?
3. What is odd about the wood carvings in John Haynes room, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
4. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
5. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
6. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
7. What does Mr. Harrington return to Mr. Karswell, and what happens to Mr. Karswell, at the end of "Casting the Runes"?
8. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
9. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
10. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)