|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Ivy want?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her head.
(d) Her land.
2. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(b) New York.
3. Who did Mr. Humphrey receive his inheritance from?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. What color is the stone Mr. Thomson finds in the road?
5. Why is Dunning left home alone at night?
(a) His servants are sick.
(b) He is going through a divorce.
(c) His children are at college.
(d) He likes to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator nervous, in "A Vignette"?
2. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
3. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
4. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
5. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
2. What role does the secretary play, in "Casting the Runes"?
3. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
4. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
5. In the story "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks into the garden?
6. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
7. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
8. What is the legend of the three crowns?
9. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
10. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)