|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
(a) The mall.
(b) The house.
(c) The maze.
(d) At sea.
2. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(a) St. Mark's Day.
(d) St. Jude's Day.
3. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
4. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mr. Joel.
(b) Mr. Karswell.
(c) Mrs. Franga.
(d) Mrs. Steed.
5. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) His niece.
(d) An old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. What does Lady Ivy want?
3. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
4. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
5. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
2. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
3. What does the old man Mr. Davidson meets tell him about, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
4. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
5. In the story "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks into the garden?
6. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
7. Who is Mr. Denton haunted by in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," and what does he learn about that person?
8. What is odd about the wood carvings in John Haynes room, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
9. What inheritance does Mr. Humphreys receive from his uncle?
10. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)