|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the stone Mr. Thomson finds in the road?
2. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) The come to life and run away.
(b) They are sold.
(c) They burn.
(d) They stay in his office.
3. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) To work.
(b) To study records.
(c) To pray.
(d) To meet the priest.
4. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
(a) Apple Mannor.
(b) A local school.
(d) Sharper Image.
5. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) Go out to eat.
(b) Rob a bank.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Travel and work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
2. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
3. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
4. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
5. What does the narrator claim happened to him, at the end of "A Vignette"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man Mr. Davidson meets tell him about, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
3. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
4. Who is Mr. Denton haunted by in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," and what does he learn about that person?
5. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
6. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
7. What role does the secretary play, in "Casting the Runes"?
8. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
9. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
10. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)