|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
2. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) Rob a bank.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Travel and work.
3. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) To pray.
(b) To meet the priest.
(c) To study records.
(d) To work.
4. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) His wife.
(b) The secretary.
(c) A cop.
(d) Mr. Karswell.
5. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) The man from the hotel.
(b) Mr. Davidson.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Mrs. Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
2. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
3. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
4. What is the name of the strange forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
5. What is actually in the strange room Mr. Thomson goes into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
2. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
3. What happens when Mr. Davidson returns to the church on St. Mark's day?
4. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
5. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
6. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
7. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
8. In "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral," how did John Haynes' predecessor die?
9. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
10. What role does the secretary play, in "Casting the Runes"?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)