|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A museum.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A school.
2. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
(a) A window.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A kite.
(d) A quiche.
3. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) The mazes.
(b) The poetic passages.
(c) The length of the yacht.
(d) The rimmed wheels.
4. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He is found with his throat slit.
(d) He marries his high school sweetheart.
5. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
(a) A small child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A man.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Ivy?
2. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
3. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
4. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
5. What is the name of the strange forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Davidson returns to the church on St. Mark's day?
2. In the story "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks into the garden?
3. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
4. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
5. What is in the sphere at the end of "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance," and what does Mr. Humphreys decide it means?
6. What is the legend of the three crowns?
7. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
8. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
9. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
10. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)