|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did the last dean do, according to Mr. Worby?
(c) Make fun of people.
(d) Burn the Cathedral.
2. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
(a) He meets an old witch.
(b) He dies.
(c) Something shrieks in his ear.
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
(a) A vault.
(b) An earthen grave.
(c) A tomb.
(d) His house.
4. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) He does not cook her dinner.
(b) He teases her.
(c) He forgets to run an errand.
(d) He hates her singing.
5. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) It was melted down.
(b) It diappeared.
(c) It burst into flames.
(d) It was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
2. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
3. What did the dean discover, in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
4. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
5. Who is Lady Ivy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Harrington return to Mr. Karswell, and what happens to Mr. Karswell, at the end of "Casting the Runes"?
2. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
3. What is in the sphere at the end of "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance," and what does Mr. Humphreys decide it means?
4. How does Miss Denton use the diary, in the story "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
5. What does the old man Mr. Davidson meets tell him about, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
6. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
7. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
8. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
9. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
10. Who reads Mr. Karswell's paper, in "Casting the Runes," and what happens to this person?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)