|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) It diappeared.
(b) It was melted down.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It burst into flames.
2. What does Mr. Paxton discover, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) His long lost sibling.
(b) A treasure chest.
(c) His birthright.
(d) The third crown.
3. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) A fight.
(b) A hairy figure.
(c) A horse with two heads.
(d) His father's murder.
4. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
(a) It was from his backyard.
(b) A man hit it with his car.
(c) He used to climb it.
(d) People were hung from it.
5. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
(a) A news report.
(b) A short story.
(c) Sports statistics.
(d) An obituary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
2. What does the narrator ask the reader to think about, in "A Vignette"?
3. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
4. Where is John Haynes found dead?
5. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
2. What inheritance does Mr. Humphreys receive from his uncle?
3. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," how do the objects attack the men in the story?
4. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
5. What is the legend of the three crowns?
6. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
7. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
8. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
9. Who is Mr. Poschwitz, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
10. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)