|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) He does not cook her dinner.
(b) He hates her singing.
(c) He forgets to run an errand.
(d) He teases her.
2. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
(a) A man.
(b) A statue.
(c) A piano.
(d) A stone.
3. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
(a) A kite.
(b) A quiche.
(c) A window.
(d) A pillow.
4. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
5. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
(a) The house.
(b) At sea.
(c) The maze.
(d) The mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
2. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
3. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
4. Where does Dunning see a mysterious advertisement, in "Castine the Rune"?
5. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)