|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
(a) Notify his next of kin.
(b) Raise his child.
(c) Put something back for him.
(d) Take over his business.
2. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
(a) An elf.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A creature crawling on all fours.
(d) A unicorn.
3. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It changes language.
(b) It comes to life.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It disappears.
4. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
5. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(b) Mrs. Summons.
(c) Miss Wilkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
2. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
3. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
4. Where does Mr. Williams work?
5. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
2. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
3. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
4. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
5. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
6. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
7. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
8. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
9. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
10. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)