|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He cries.
(b) He inherits millions.
(c) He jumps with joy.
(d) He dies.
2. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) Church floors.
(b) Church windows.
(c) The sky.
(d) The Bible.
3. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
4. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A boy playing jacks.
(b) His mother.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A manor house.
5. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(b) A metal object.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
2. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
3. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
4. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
5. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
2. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
3. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
4. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
5. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
6. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
7. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
8. Describe how the painting changes, in "The Mezzotint"?
9. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
10. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)