|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(c) A feather.
(d) A metal object.
2. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
(a) A parson.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A child.
(d) A woman.
3. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(b) A rare book.
(c) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) 10,000 gold pieces.
4. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He jumps with joy.
(c) He cries.
(d) He inherits millions.
5. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) Church windows.
(b) The sky.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Church floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
2. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
3. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
4. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
5. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mrs. Porter says is wrong at the church?
2. What is the Tractate Middoth?
3. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
4. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
5. What inheritance does Mr. Humphreys receive from his uncle?
6. What is in the sphere at the end of "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance," and what does Mr. Humphreys decide it means?
7. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
8. Whom does Mr. Garrett meet at the lodging house that helps him solve the mystery of the Tractate Middoth? How does this person help?
9. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
10. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)