|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parkins not believe in?
(b) The supernatural.
(c) Eating meat.
(d) Love at first sight.
2. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
3. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
4. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
5. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A thief.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A serial killer.
(d) A poacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Garrett claim the eyes of the man in the library are covered with, in "The Tractate Middoth"?
2. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
3. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
4. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
5. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Tractate Middoth?
2. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
3. What do the two men discuss, at the start of "A School Story "?
4. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
5. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
6. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
7. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
8. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
9. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
10. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)