|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
2. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
(a) His father.
(b) A book.
(c) A friend.
(d) His Aunt.
3. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He jumps with joy.
(c) He cries.
(d) He inherits millions.
4. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
(a) An elf.
(b) A robbery.
(c) Something supernatural.
(d) A unicorn.
5. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
(a) He dies.
(b) He begins to dance.
(c) He feels someone grab him.
(d) The bag turns into a bunch of snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
2. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
3. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
4. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
5. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Haynes, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
2. What is unusual about Betton Woods?
3. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
4. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
5. What is the Tractate Middoth?
6. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
7. What passage does Mr. Humphreys find that describes the maze?
8. Why is Mr. Karswell, one of the main characters in "Casting the Runes," a vicious man?
9. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
10. Who is Lady Ivy and what does she want?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)