|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
2. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
(a) The church must be burned.
(b) The stone must be replaced.
(c) The treasure must be returned.
(d) He must be cleansed.
3. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 10,000 gold pieces.
(b) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) A rare book.
4. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
(a) Canon Alberic de Mauleon.
(b) Canon Alberic de Sade.
(c) Canon Alberic Frank.
(d) Canon Alberic Maveric.
5. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
(a) Take over his business.
(b) Put something back for him.
(c) Notify his next of kin.
(d) Raise his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
2. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
4. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
5. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
2. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
4. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
5. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
6. What is the Tractate Middoth?
7. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
8. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
9. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
10. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)