|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
(a) A key.
(b) A door.
(c) A stone.
(d) A lock.
2. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
3. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It changes language.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It comes to life.
(d) It begins to bleed.
4. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He sees two men.
(b) He cries.
(c) His flights are delayed.
(d) He loses his luggage.
5. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
2. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
3. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
4. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
5. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Paxton, in the story "A Warning to the Curious," and what happens to him?
2. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
3. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
4. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
5. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
6. What do the two men discuss, at the start of "A School Story "?
7. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
8. What inheritance does Mr. Humphreys receive from his uncle?
9. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
10. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)