|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parkins not believe in?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) Love at first sight.
(d) The supernatural.
2. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
3. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The boy.
(b) His mother.
(c) The manor house.
(d) The lighthouse.
4. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) No one likes roses.
(b) Weeds will kill the roses.
(c) Roses don't grow in winter.
(d) They are planting in the wrong spot.
5. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
(a) A parson.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
2. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
3. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
4. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
5. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
2. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
3. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
4. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
5. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
6. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
7. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
8. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
9. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
10. Describe how the painting changes, in "The Mezzotint"?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)