|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
2. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He writes them.
(b) He sells them.
(c) He buys them.
(d) He burns them.
3. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(b) A string.
4. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) Invisible ink.
5. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
(a) There is no power.
(b) There was a murder.
(c) He must check out.
(d) Both beds were slept in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
2. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
3. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
4. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
5. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Parkins get rid of the metal object he finds, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? How does he get rid of it?
2. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
3. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
4. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
5. What is Abbot Thomas's treasure? Where is it located?
6. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
7. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
8. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
9. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
10. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)