|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A manor house.
(b) His mother.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A boy playing jacks.
2. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(b) 10,000 gold pieces.
(c) A rare book.
(d) 1,000,000 dollars.
3. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He writes them.
(c) He sells them.
(d) He buys them.
4. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
(a) Rabi Perth.
(b) Mr. Douglas.
(c) Mr. Gregory.
(d) Mrs. Somerton.
5. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He screams.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He is hit over the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
2. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
3. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
4. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
5. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
2. What is Abbot Thomas's treasure? Where is it located?
3. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
4. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
5. What is the Tractate Middoth?
6. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
7. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
8. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
9. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
10. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)