|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(c) Invisible ink.
2. In what town does Parkins work?
3. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton is ill.
(b) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(c) Mr. Somerton dies.
(d) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
4. In "The Mezzotint," what does Mr. Williams realize the painting is doing?
(d) Portraying the last supper.
5. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
2. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
3. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
4. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
5. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
2. Why does Parkins get rid of the metal object he finds, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? How does he get rid of it?
3. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
4. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
5. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
6. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
7. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
8. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
9. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
10. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)