|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
2. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
(a) In the bell tower.
(b) A grave.
(c) In his house.
(d) A well.
3. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He is hit over the head.
(c) He screams.
(d) He is murdered.
4. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A lodging house.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A pool.
5. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
(a) His dog falls down dead.
(b) A strong wind blows.
(c) Snow falls.
(d) Angels arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
2. What does Parkins not believe in?
3. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
4. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
5. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
2. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
3. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
4. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
5. What is the Tractate Middoth?
6. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
7. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
8. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
9. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
10. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)