|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
2. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) A metal object.
(c) A feather.
3. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The boy.
(b) His mother.
(c) The manor house.
(d) The lighthouse.
4. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(b) Juk Ta Pan.
(c) Yacman Sieborg.
(d) Jutland Viborg.
5. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The handyman.
(c) The baker.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
2. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
3. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
4. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
5. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the painting changes, in "The Mezzotint"?
2. What is the Tractate Middoth?
3. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
4. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
5. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
6. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
7. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
8. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
9. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
10. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)