|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A book.
(b) A tool.
(c) A painting.
(d) A big house.
2. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) A feather.
(d) A metal object.
3. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
(a) A trial.
(b) A train.
(c) A news report.
(d) A giggle.
4. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) Someone sneaking into his room.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A witch.
(d) A gold dove.
5. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
2. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
3. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
4. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
5. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Garrett meet at the lodging house that helps him solve the mystery of the Tractate Middoth? How does this person help?
2. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
3. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
4. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
5. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
6. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
7. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
8. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
9. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
10. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)