|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 10,000 gold pieces.
(b) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) A rare book.
2. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is hit over the head.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He screams.
3. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He jumps with joy.
(c) He inherits millions.
(d) He cries.
4. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
(a) An elf.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A creature crawling on all fours.
(d) A unicorn.
5. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
2. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
3. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
4. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
5. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator learn about the wood carvings, at the end of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
2. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
3. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
4. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
5. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
6. Why does Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, and who does he stay with in "An Episode of Cathedral History"? Why is this person important to the tale?
7. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
8. What inheritance does Mr. Humphreys receive from his uncle?
9. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
10. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)