|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
2. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(b) Mount St. Michelle.
(c) Marie de Twain.
3. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) Someone carrying a baby.
(c) A party.
(d) A fire.
4. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
(b) Run a 5k.
(c) Long life.
5. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
(a) The handyman.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The baker.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
2. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
3. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
4. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
5. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
2. Whom does Mr. Garrett meet at the lodging house that helps him solve the mystery of the Tractate Middoth? How does this person help?
3. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
4. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
5. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
6. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
7. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
8. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
9. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
10. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)