|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Mezzotint," what does Mr. Williams realize the painting is doing?
(c) Portraying the last supper.
2. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(c) Invisible ink.
3. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
(a) A trial.
(b) A train.
(c) A giggle.
(d) A news report.
4. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) A rare book.
(b) 10,000 gold pieces.
(c) 1,000,000 dollars.
5. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
2. What is the Tractate Middoth?
3. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
4. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
5. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
2. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
3. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
4. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
5. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
6. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
7. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
8. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
9. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
10. Why does Parkins get rid of the metal object he finds, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? How does he get rid of it?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)