|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A manor house.
(c) His mother.
(d) A boy playing jacks.
2. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no keys.
(b) The elevators run backwards.
(c) There is no room 13.
(d) There are no doors.
3. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 10,000 gold pieces.
(c) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) A rare book.
4. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(b) French food.
5. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
2. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
3. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
4. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
5. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
2. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
3. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
4. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
5. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
6. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
7. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
8. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
9. What do the two men discuss, at the start of "A School Story "?
10. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)