|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(a) Yacman Sieborg.
(b) Jutland Viborg.
(d) Juk Ta Pan.
2. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has one leg.
(c) He has one arm.
(d) He is deaf.
3. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
4. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It comes to life.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It changes language.
5. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
(a) An elf.
(b) A robbery.
(c) Something supernatural.
(d) A unicorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
2. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
3. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
4. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
5. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
2. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
3. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
4. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
5. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
6. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
7. Why does Parkins get rid of the metal object he finds, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? How does he get rid of it?
8. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
9. What painting does Mr. Williams think Dennistoun would like, in "The Mezzotint"? What does Dennistoun think of the painting?
10. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)