|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) Someone carrying a baby.
(b) A fire.
(c) A party.
(d) A unicorn.
2. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
3. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(c) Invisible ink.
4. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
5. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
(a) The baker.
(b) The handyman.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
2. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
3. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
4. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
5. What is the Tractate Middoth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
2. What does Mr. Wraxall learn about Count Magnus?
3. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
4. What do the two men discuss, at the start of "A School Story "?
5. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
6. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
7. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
8. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
9. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
10. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)