|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
2. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She looks worried.
(d) She runs.
3. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He buys them.
(b) He sells them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He writes them.
4. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
(a) His dog falls down dead.
(b) Snow falls.
(c) Angels arrive.
(d) A strong wind blows.
5. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
(a) A drawer.
(b) His car.
(c) The attic.
(d) A friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Parkins a professor?
2. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
3. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
4. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
5. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
2. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
3. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
4. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
5. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
6. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
7. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
8. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
9. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
10. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)