|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
(c) Long life.
(d) Run a 5k.
2. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
3. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
(a) He has one leg.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He has one arm.
(d) He is blind.
4. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
5. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) His mother.
(b) A manor house.
(c) A boy playing jacks.
(d) A lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
2. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
3. Where does Mr. Williams work?
4. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
5. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
2. What is Abbot Thomas's treasure? Where is it located?
3. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
4. Describe how the painting changes, in "The Mezzotint"?
5. Why does Squire Francis Bowles want to be buried in an earthy grave?
6. Why does Mr. Somerton's servant summon Mr. Gregory, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"? What does Mr. Gregory do for Mr. Somerton ?
7. Describe the hedge maze, in "Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance."
8. What did the dean find when he remodeled the church, in "An Episode of Cathedral History."
9. What is odd about the wood carvings in John Haynes room, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
10. What does Mr. Thomson find in the strange room, in the story "Rats"?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)