|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
2. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
(a) Canon Alberic Maveric.
(b) Canon Alberic de Sade.
(c) Canon Alberic Frank.
(d) Canon Alberic de Mauleon.
3. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Marie de Twain.
(b) Mount St. Michelle.
(d) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
4. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(b) United States.
5. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
2. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
3. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
4. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
5. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Parkins dream about the night he finds the metal object? What does the maid tell him the next day?
2. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
3. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
4. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
5. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
6. What do the two men discuss, at the start of "A School Story "?
7. Describe the caretaker of S. Bertrand Church.
8. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
9. What does Mr. Somerton do for a living, and how does it lead him to the treasure of Abbot Thomas?
10. Whom does Mr. Garrett meet at the lodging house that helps him solve the mystery of the Tractate Middoth? How does this person help?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)