|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(b) Marie de Twain.
(c) Mount St. Michelle.
2. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
3. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
4. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(b) French food.
5. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
(a) His car.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A drawer.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
2. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
3. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
4. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
5. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Parkins think about the metal object he finds, in ""Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"? What does the object look like?
2. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
3. What does Dennistoun learn about the house in the painting, in "The Mezzotint"?
4. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
5. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
6. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
7. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
8. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
9. What happens to Mr. Wraxall after he views Count Magnus's tomb?
10. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)