|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A book.
(b) A tool.
(c) A big house.
(d) A painting.
2. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A captain.
3. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) A girl.
(b) The maid.
(c) His friend.
(d) A boy.
4. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(b) A string.
5. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
(a) She runs.
(b) She screams.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She looks worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does Parkins work?
2. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
3. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
4. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
5. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
2. Who is Master Sampson, and what does he carry with him?
3. Where does Dennistoun lock the painting away? What does Mr. Dennistoun's servant see in the painting?
4. Whom does Mr. Garrett meet at the lodging house that helps him solve the mystery of the Tractate Middoth? How does this person help?
5. Describe Mr. Wraxall from the story, Count Magnus.
6. How does Dennistoun come across Canon Alberic's Scrapbook?
7. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the Number 13 while he is in town? What is the reason for this occurrence?
8. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
9. What the city of Chorazin, and how does Mr. Wraxall learn about it?
10. Describe the documents Mr. Anderson finds at the end of "Number 13." Where does he find them? What do they reveal? What does he do with them?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)