|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
2. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A poacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A serial killer.
3. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
(a) There is no power.
(b) He must check out.
(c) There was a murder.
(d) Both beds were slept in.
4. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
(a) Mr. Douglas.
(b) Mr. Gregory.
(c) Rabi Perth.
(d) Mrs. Somerton.
5. What does Parkins not believe in?
(a) The supernatural.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) Love at first sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
2. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
3. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
4. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
5. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Somerton finds Abbot Thomas' treasure? How does he fix what happens?
2. Describe Parkins, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. What happens to John Eldred, at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"? What happens to Mr. Garrett?
4. Why is Mr. Anderson in Jutland Viborg, in "Number 13"?
5. Why does Collins try to warn Mrs. Anstruther not to plant her rose garden in the chosen location?
6. How does Dennistoun arrive at S. Bertrand, and why does he want to go to the church?
7. What happens when Dennistoun brings Canon Alberic's Scrapbook into his room at night? How does he get rid of it?
8. How does Mr. Anderson's room change, in "Number 13"?
9. What do Mrs. Anstruther and Frank see in the rose garden that scares them?
10. Describe how the painting changes, in "The Mezzotint"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)