|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Ivy want?
(a) Her land.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her head.
2. Where is the man when "A Neighbour's Landmark" begins?
(a) A field.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A library.
(d) A bar.
3. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He is found with his throat slit.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He marries his high school sweetheart.
(d) He makes a lot of money.
4. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) A fight.
(b) His father's murder.
(c) A hairy figure.
(d) A horse with two heads.
5. What makes the narrator nervous, in "A Vignette"?
(a) A gate.
(b) The water.
(c) His mother.
(d) A dog.
6. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) It diappeared.
(b) It burst into flames.
(c) It was melted down.
(d) It was stolen.
7. Where is John Haynes found dead?
(a) In the church.
(b) The bottom of the stairs.
(c) A tree.
(d) In his bed.
8. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
(a) A local school.
(c) Sharper Image.
(d) Apple Mannor.
9. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter, " what was the dead man's coffin filled with?
10. What wood carving comes to life in John Haynes' office when he touches it?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A dragon.
11. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Travel and work.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Rob a bank.
12. What is the name of the strange forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(b) Betton Wood.
(c) McKale Wood.
(d) Pine Forest.
13. What does Mr. Humphrey see in the hole in the paper?
(a) A letter.
(b) A fire.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A face.
14. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A pattern in the diary.
(d) After the sunset.
15. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is the man from the hotel.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is a ghost.
(d) He was the head priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
2. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
3. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
4. What strange events occur in the forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
5. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)