|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is a ghost.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He was the head priest.
(d) He is the man from the hotel.
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His friend.
3. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
(a) His house.
(b) An earthen grave.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A vault.
4. Where did John Haynes work?
(a) Barchester Cathedral.
(b) Georgetown High School.
(c) Gone Again plumbing
(d) New Hope Parish.
5. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
6. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) His niece.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old friend.
7. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The economy was bad.
(b) He needed more skills.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) The priest would not retire.
8. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
(a) He meets an old witch.
(b) He dies.
(c) Something shrieks in his ear.
9. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(a) St. Mark's Day.
(c) St. Jude's Day.
10. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(d) New York.
11. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
(a) The gate.
(b) The house.
(c) The car.
(d) The suitcase.
12. In what month will a person die if he or she touches the carvings, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
13. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) He forgets to run an errand.
(b) He teases her.
(c) He hates her singing.
(d) He does not cook her dinner.
14. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(c) Antique books.
(d) Old shoes.
15. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(d) Religious advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mr. Humphrey receive his inheritance from?
2. In "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks through the hole in the fence?
3. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
4. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
5. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)