|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim happened to him, at the end of "A Vignette"?
(a) He passed out.
(b) He went blind.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is haunted for the rest of his life.
2. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(a) Religious advisor.
3. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) A cop.
(b) Mr. Karswell.
(c) His wife.
(d) The secretary.
4. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
(a) People were hung from it.
(b) He used to climb it.
(c) A man hit it with his car.
(d) It was from his backyard.
5. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It was melted down.
(c) It diappeared.
(d) It burst into flames.
6. Where is John Haynes found dead?
(a) In the church.
(b) In his bed.
(c) A tree.
(d) The bottom of the stairs.
7. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
8. What does Mr. Humphrey see in the hole in the paper?
(a) A fire.
(b) A letter.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A face.
9. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The passage.
(b) The police officer.
(c) The donkey.
(d) The doll.
10. In "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance," what does Mr. Humphrey learn is hidden in the globe?
(a) A map.
(b) A letter.
(d) A skeleton.
11. Where is the man when "A Neighbour's Landmark" begins?
(a) A bar.
(b) A field.
(c) A library.
(d) A hotel.
12. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
13. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
(a) Fell on the stairs.
(b) Heart attack.
14. In "A Vignette," what does the narrator see when he looks through the hole in the fence?
(a) A elf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A face.
(d) A murder.
15. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter, " what was the dead man's coffin filled with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Haynes work?
2. What does Lady Ivy want?
3. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
4. What makes the narrator nervous, in "A Vignette"?
5. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)