|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) An old friend.
(b) An old woman.
(c) His niece.
(d) An old man.
2. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
3. Who did Mr. Humphrey receive his inheritance from?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
4. What strange events occur in the forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(d) Sudden fires.
5. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(b) New York.
6. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The donkey.
(b) The passage.
(c) The doll.
(d) The police officer.
7. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A dead animal.
8. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
(a) A woman.
(b) A snake.
(d) A bear.
9. What wood carving comes to life in John Haynes' office when he touches it?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A dog.
10. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(c) Antique books.
(d) Old shoes.
11. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The man from the hotel.
(c) Mrs. Porter.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
12. Why was John Harrington murdered, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) He insulted Mr. Karswell's wife.
(b) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(c) No reason.
(d) He didn't like Mr. Karswell's paper.
13. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter", what is the man found dead without?
(a) His wool coat.
(d) His watch.
14. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
(a) The gate.
(b) The house.
(c) The car.
(d) The suitcase.
15. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
(a) Apple Mannor.
(b) A local school.
(c) Sharper Image.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Haynes found dead?
2. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
3. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
4. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mr. Davidson think of the man he meets at the hotel?
5. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)