|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
(a) He dies.
(c) He meets an old witch.
(d) Something shrieks in his ear.
2. What does Mr. Cooper plan to show his wife, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The robe.
(b) The antique doll.
(c) The maze.
(d) The book.
3. In "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance," what does Mr. Humphrey learn is hidden in the globe?
(a) A skeleton.
(c) A letter.
(d) A map.
4. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(b) St. Jude's Day.
(d) St. Mark's Day.
5. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) They burn.
(b) The come to life and run away.
(c) They are sold.
(d) They stay in his office.
6. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) His wife.
(b) A cop.
(c) Mr. Karswell.
(d) The secretary.
7. What does Dunning slip the sheet of paper into that belongs to Mr. Karswell?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His pocket.
(c) A ticket case.
(d) An envelope.
8. What happened to the first crown, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) It burst into flames.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It was melted down.
(d) It diappeared.
9. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The donkey.
(c) The doll.
(d) The passage.
10. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
(a) An obituary.
(b) A news report.
(c) Sports statistics.
(d) A short story.
11. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
(a) The prayer books are replaced.
(b) The chapel is gone.
(c) Mrs. Porter is dead.
(d) The chapel burned to the ground.
12. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is the man from the hotel.
(b) He was the head priest.
(c) He is a ghost.
(d) He is his brother.
13. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
(a) Apple Mannor.
(b) Sharper Image.
(d) A local school.
14. What did the dean discover, in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) A new bible.
(b) An old cross.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A murder.
15. What makes the narrator nervous, in "A Vignette"?
(a) His mother.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gate.
(d) The water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
2. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
3. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
4. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
5. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)