|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Worby,in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) The priest.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) A king.
(d) A cop.
2. What does John Haynes do for a living?
3. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The priest would not retire.
(b) He was lazy.
(c) The economy was bad.
(d) He needed more skills.
4. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mrs. Steed.
(b) Mr. Joel.
(c) Mr. Karswell.
(d) Mrs. Franga.
5. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) He dies.
(c) He becomes famous.
(d) He is exiled.
6. In what month will a person die if he or she touches the carvings, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
7. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He marries his high school sweetheart.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is found with his throat slit.
8. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A letter.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A dead animal.
9. What does Mr. Thomson think he sees in the strange room, in "Rats"?
(a) A stick.
(b) A scarecrow.
(c) A book.
(d) A woman.
10. In "Casting the Runes," what does Mr. Karswell show the children?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A Disney movie.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A scary slide show.
11. Where did John Haynes work?
(a) Barchester Cathedral.
(b) New Hope Parish.
(c) Gone Again plumbing
(d) Georgetown High School.
12. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(c) Old shoes.
(d) Antique books.
13. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) The man from the hotel.
(b) Mrs. Porter.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) A ghost.
14. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
15. Where is John Haynes found dead?
(a) A tree.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the church.
(d) The bottom of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
2. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
3. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
4. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
5. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)