|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month will a person die if he or she touches the carvings, in the story "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
2. Where did John Haynes work?
(a) New Hope Parish.
(b) Gone Again plumbing
(c) Barchester Cathedral.
(d) Georgetown High School.
3. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
(a) The prayer books are replaced.
(b) The chapel is gone.
(c) The chapel burned to the ground.
(d) Mrs. Porter is dead.
4. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
5. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
(a) To extend life.
(b) To have a happy marriage.
(c) To protect the country.
(d) To bring wealth.
6. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A kite.
(c) A window.
(d) A quiche.
7. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) An estate.
(b) A car.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A book.
8. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(d) New York.
9. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
10. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) Mrs. Porter.
(b) The man from the hotel.
(c) Mr. Davidson.
(d) A ghost.
11. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did the last dean do, according to Mr. Worby?
(b) Make fun of people.
(d) Burn the Cathedral.
12. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) Mr. Karswell.
(b) His wife.
(c) A cop.
(d) The secretary.
13. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A letter.
14. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
(a) An earthen grave.
(b) His house.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A vault.
15. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) To pray.
(b) To study records.
(c) To meet the priest.
(d) To work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. What does Dunning slip the sheet of paper into that belongs to Mr. Karswell?
3. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
4. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
5. What makes the narrator nervous, in "A Vignette"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)