|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(c) Religious advisor.
2. What strange events occur in the forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(d) Sudden fires.
3. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) A horse with two heads.
(b) His father's murder.
(c) A fight.
(d) A hairy figure.
4. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mrs. Franga.
(b) Mr. Karswell.
(c) Mr. Joel.
(d) Mrs. Steed.
5. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
6. Where does Mr. Humphrey find a pedestal with a globe on it?
(a) The attic.
(b) The trunk.
(c) The dock.
(d) The center of the maze.
7. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
(a) A vault.
(b) An earthen grave.
(c) His house.
(d) A tomb.
8. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter", what is the man found dead without?
(a) His watch.
(b) His wool coat.
9. In "Casting the Runes," what covers the sheet of paper Dunning's receives?
(a) Lipstick prints.
10. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) A car.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A book.
(d) An estate.
11. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
12. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He is found with his throat slit.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He makes a lot of money.
(d) He marries his high school sweetheart.
13. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
(a) A snake.
(b) A woman.
(c) A bear.
14. Who is Mr. Cooper, in the story "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A neighbor of his mother's.
(d) A neighbor of his uncle's.
15. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(b) St. Mark's Day.
(d) St. Jude's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. Who killed Squire Francis Bowles?
3. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
4. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
5. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)