|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A car.
(c) A book.
(d) An estate.
2. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(a) Religious advisor.
3. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The priest would not retire.
(b) The economy was bad.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He needed more skills.
4. What does Lady Ivy want?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her land.
5. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) The burn.
(b) They are all open to the same page.
(c) They sing.
(d) They bleed.
6. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) They burn.
(b) They stay in his office.
(c) They are sold.
(d) The come to life and run away.
7. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) A horse with two heads.
(b) A hairy figure.
(c) His father's murder.
(d) A fight.
8. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
(a) To extend life.
(b) To bring wealth.
(c) To have a happy marriage.
(d) To protect the country.
9. Where does Dunning see a mysterious advertisement, in "Castine the Rune"?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The television.
(d) A train.
10. Where does Mr. Humphrey find a pedestal with a globe on it?
(a) The center of the maze.
(b) The trunk.
(c) The attic.
(d) The dock.
11. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(a) Antique books.
(d) Old shoes.
12. What does Mr. Cooper plan to show his wife, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The maze.
(b) The robe.
(c) The antique doll.
(d) The book.
13. What does Mr. Thomson think he sees in the strange room, in "Rats"?
(a) A woman.
(b) A book.
(c) A scarecrow.
(d) A stick.
14. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did the last dean do, according to Mr. Worby?
(a) Burn the Cathedral.
(d) Make fun of people.
15. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) Mr. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Porter.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The man from the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
3. Who did Mr. Humphrey receive his inheritance from?
4. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
5. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)