|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) They burn.
(b) They stay in his office.
(c) The come to life and run away.
(d) They are sold.
2. What does Lady Ivy want?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her land.
(d) Her head.
3. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
4. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mr. Davidson think of the man he meets at the hotel?
5. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
6. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) He hates her singing.
(b) He does not cook her dinner.
(c) He teases her.
(d) He forgets to run an errand.
7. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mr. Joel.
(b) Mr. Karswell.
(c) Mrs. Steed.
(d) Mrs. Franga.
8. What did the dean discover, in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) A new bible.
(b) An old cross.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A murder.
9. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(d) Religious advisor.
10. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
(a) The chapel is gone.
(b) The chapel burned to the ground.
(c) The prayer books are replaced.
(d) Mrs. Porter is dead.
11. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He wins the lottery.
(c) He becomes famous.
(d) He dies.
12. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) They are all open to the same page.
(b) The burn.
(c) They bleed.
(d) They sing.
13. Where did John Haynes work?
(a) Barchester Cathedral.
(b) Georgetown High School.
(c) New Hope Parish.
(d) Gone Again plumbing
14. What wood carving comes to life in John Haynes' office when he touches it?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
15. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
(a) A window.
(b) A quiche.
(c) A kite.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
3. What happens to the man, in "A Neighbour's Landmark," when he enters the forest?
4. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
5. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)