Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Thomson think he sees in the strange room, in "Rats"?
(a) A book.
(b) A scarecrow.
(c) A woman.
(d) A stick.
2. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
(a) The maze.
(b) The house.
(c) The mall.
(d) At sea.
3. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
4. Where does Dunning see a mysterious advertisement, in "Castine the Rune"?
(b) A train.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The television.
5. What is the name of the strange forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(b) Pine Forest.
(c) McKale Wood.
(d) Betton Wood.
6. What does the narrator read about John Haynes, at the start of "The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral"?
(a) A news report.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A short story.
(d) Sports statistics.
7. What is Lady Wardrop writing a book about?
(a) Antique books.
(d) Old shoes.
8. What does Mr. Cooper plan to show his wife, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) The book.
(b) The robe.
(c) The maze.
(d) The antique doll.
9. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is the man from the hotel.
(b) He was the head priest.
(c) He is his brother.
(d) He is a ghost.
10. Where does Squire Francis Bowles request to be buried, in "The Experiment"?
(a) A tomb.
(b) An earthen grave.
(c) A vault.
(d) His house.
11. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) The come to life and run away.
(b) They stay in his office.
(c) They burn.
(d) They are sold.
12. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(c) St. Mark's Day.
(d) St. Jude's Day.
13. Where did John Haynes work?
(a) Georgetown High School.
(b) New Hope Parish.
(c) Barchester Cathedral.
(d) Gone Again plumbing
14. What does Mr. Humphrey see in the hole in the paper?
(a) A face.
(b) A fire.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A letter.
15. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
(a) He criticized Mr. Karswell's paper.
(b) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(c) He stole from the bank.
(d) He is bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
2. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
3. What does the narrator claim happened to him, at the end of "A Vignette"?
4. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
5. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter, " what was the dead man's coffin filled with?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)