|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
(a) A kite.
(b) A quiche.
(c) A window.
(d) A pillow.
2. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A museum.
(d) A bookstore.
3. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) The poetic passages.
(b) The mazes.
(c) The rimmed wheels.
(d) The length of the yacht.
4. Why is Dunning left home alone at night?
(a) He likes to be alone.
(b) His children are at college.
(c) He is going through a divorce.
(d) His servants are sick.
5. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
(a) To have a happy marriage.
(b) To extend life.
(c) To bring wealth.
(d) To protect the country.
6. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
7. What color is the stone Mr. Thomson finds in the road?
8. What happens, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," when Mr. Davidson returns to the chapel?
(a) The prayer books are replaced.
(b) The chapel burned to the ground.
(c) The chapel is gone.
(d) Mrs. Porter is dead.
9. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
10. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
(a) A cop.
(b) His wife.
(c) Mr. Karswell.
(d) The secretary.
11. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
12. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
(a) A stone.
(b) A piano.
(c) A man.
(d) A statue.
13. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
14. What does Mr. Paxton discover, in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) His birthright.
(b) The third crown.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) His long lost sibling.
15. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
(a) A dog.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
(d) A small child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wood carving comes to life in John Haynes' office when he touches it?
2. What does Mr. Cooper plan to show his wife, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
3. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
4. Where does Mr. Humphrey find a pedestal with a globe on it?
5. Who is Mr. Worby,in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)