|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Davidson discover about Mr. Poshwitz, at the end of "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is the man from the hotel.
(c) He was the head priest.
(d) He is a ghost.
2. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mr. Davidson think of the man he meets at the hotel?
3. Where is the inn that Mr. Thomson stays, in the story "Rats"?
4. What does Mr. Humphrey see in the hole in the paper?
(a) A letter.
(b) A fire.
(c) A face.
(d) A monkey.
5. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mr. Karswell.
(b) Mrs. Steed.
(c) Mr. Joel.
(d) Mrs. Franga.
6. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A pattern in the diary.
(d) After the sunset.
7. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
(c) Fell on the stairs.
(d) Heart attack.
8. Who is Lady Ivy?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A maid.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A queen.
9. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
10. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
(a) A piano.
(b) A man.
(c) A stone.
(d) A statue.
11. Who did Mr. Humphrey receive his inheritance from?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
13. What happens to Mr. Burton, at the end of "The Malice of Inanimate Objects"?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is found with his throat slit.
(c) He marries his high school sweetheart.
(d) He makes a lot of money.
14. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A museum.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
15. What does Mr. Denton initially think about Mr. Poynter's diaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Malice of Inanimate Objects," what does Mr. Burton put his cane through?
2. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
3. In "Casting the Runes," what covers the sheet of paper Dunning's receives?
4. Who is Mr. Cooper, in the story "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
5. Who followed John Harrington prior to his death?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)