|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) A horse.
(b) A demon.
(c) A priest.
(d) A child.
2. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
(a) The Bible.
3. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
(a) John Frank.
(b) Max Smith.
(c) John Eldred.
(d) Henry James.
4. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
(a) No one.
(b) Joyce River.
(c) He is already married.
(d) Mary Simpson.
5. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is hit over the head.
(c) He screams.
(d) He becomes ill.
6. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A cat howling.
(b) A pig squealing.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A music box.
7. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
8. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
9. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
(a) A barber shop.
(b) A smoking room.
(c) A school house.
(d) A park.
10. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
(a) She screams.
(b) She looks worried.
(c) She runs.
(d) She laughs.
11. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
(a) His money.
(b) His computer.
(c) His case.
(d) His clothes.
12. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The sky.
(c) Church floors.
(d) Church windows.
13. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He buys them.
(b) He sells them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He writes them.
14. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
15. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A museum.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A jail.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
2. In what town does Parkins work?
3. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
4. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
5. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)