|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 1,000,000 dollars.
(b) 10,000 gold pieces.
(d) A rare book.
2. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(a) Mrs. Summons.
(d) Miss Wilkins.
3. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
(a) John Frank.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Max Smith.
(d) John Eldred.
4. What does Parkins not believe in?
(b) Eating meat.
(c) Love at first sight.
(d) The supernatural.
5. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(a) A string.
6. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
(a) Angels arrive.
(b) His dog falls down dead.
(c) A strong wind blows.
(d) Snow falls.
7. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A creature crawling on all fours.
(c) An elf.
(d) A werewolf.
8. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
9. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The confessional.
(c) The pew.
(d) The mausoleum.
10. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A party.
(c) Someone carrying a baby.
(d) A fire.
11. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) The maid.
(b) His friend.
(c) A boy.
(d) A girl.
12. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
(c) Fabric swatches.
13. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Gives it to the maid.
(b) Throws it in the ocean.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Keeps it.
14. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(c) French food.
15. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
(a) The book.
(b) The old barn.
(c) A safe.
(d) The wall of the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
2. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
3. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
4. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
5. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)