|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
2. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. Where is Parkins a professor?
(b) St. James College.
(c) George Town.
4. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Mails it to the church.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Freezes it.
(d) Tears it.
5. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is hit over the head.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He screams.
(d) He becomes ill.
6. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(a) Juk Ta Pan.
(b) Jutland Viborg.
(c) Yacman Sieborg.
7. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) His experiences with the occult.
(b) His first novel.
(c) His experience looking at art.
(d) Photos of David Beckham.
8. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(b) Miss Wilkins.
(c) Mrs. Summons.
9. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
(a) Magnus De La Gardie.
(b) The anti-christ.
(c) His brother.
(d) George Higer.
10. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A church.
(b) A jail.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A museum.
11. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
12. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A book.
(b) A big house.
(c) A painting.
(d) A tool.
13. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A lodging house.
(c) A pool.
(d) A restaurant.
14. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
15. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) A cat howling.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) A music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
2. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
3. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
4. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
5. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)