|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
2. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He married his sister.
(b) He died.
(c) He cut off his ear.
(d) He became famous.
3. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
(a) No one.
(b) He is already married.
(c) Mary Simpson.
(d) Joyce River.
4. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(b) French food.
5. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
6. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) A child.
(b) A demon.
(c) A horse.
(d) A priest.
7. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
(a) A judge.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A captain.
(d) A reporter.
8. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) To lend him a book.
(b) For a nightcap.
(c) To pay his bill.
(d) To prove room 13 exists.
9. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton dies.
(b) Mr. Somerton is ill.
(c) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(d) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
10. Where is Parkins a professor?
(a) George Town.
(d) St. James College.
11. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
12. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
(a) The mausoleum.
(b) The pew.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The confessional.
13. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A boy playing jacks.
(b) His mother.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A manor house.
14. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Freezes it.
(b) Mails it to the church.
(c) Tears it.
(d) Burns it.
15. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
(a) A parson.
(b) A woman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
2. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
3. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
4. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
5. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)