|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
2. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
3. In "The Mezzotint," what does Mr. Williams realize the painting is doing?
(b) Portraying the last supper.
4. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
5. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A painting.
(b) A big house.
(c) A tool.
(d) A book.
6. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) Weeds will kill the roses.
(b) They are planting in the wrong spot.
(c) Roses don't grow in winter.
(d) No one likes roses.
7. Where does Mr. Williams work?
(a) A college.
(b) A museum.
(c) A science lab.
(d) A police station.
8. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
9. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A lodging house.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A pool.
(d) A bookstore.
10. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
(a) In his house.
(b) A grave.
(c) In the bell tower.
(d) A well.
11. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The mausoleum.
(c) The pew.
(d) The bell tower.
12. Where is Parkins a professor?
(a) St. James College.
(b) George Town.
13. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A church.
(c) A jail.
(d) A museum.
14. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) Someone sneaking into his room.
(b) A witch.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A gold dove.
15. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A party.
(b) A fire.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) Someone carrying a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
2. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
3. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
4. What does Mr. Garrett claim the eyes of the man in the library are covered with, in "The Tractate Middoth"?
5. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)