|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
2. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) A metal object.
(c) A feather.
3. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) Someone sneaking into his room.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A witch.
(d) A gold dove.
4. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
5. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A serial killer.
(c) A poacher.
(d) A thief.
6. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
(a) A trial.
(b) A news report.
(c) A giggle.
(d) A train.
7. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(b) Marie de Twain.
(c) Mount St. Michelle.
8. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
(b) Long life.
(c) Run a 5k.
9. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
(d) Fabric swatches.
10. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(d) United States.
11. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) To lend him a book.
(b) To prove room 13 exists.
(c) For a nightcap.
(d) To pay his bill.
12. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
(a) Max Smith.
(b) John Frank.
(c) John Eldred.
(d) Henry James.
13. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) His flights are delayed.
(b) He sees two men.
(c) He loses his luggage.
(d) He cries.
14. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A boy playing jacks.
(b) A manor house.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) His mother.
15. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
3. Where is Parkins a professor?
4. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
5. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)