Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 10,000 gold pieces.
(b) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) A rare book.
2. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is hit over the head.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He screams.
3. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He jumps with joy.
(c) He inherits millions.
(d) He cries.
4. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
(a) An elf.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A creature crawling on all fours.
(d) A unicorn.
5. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
6. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) His friend.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) The maid.
7. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The manor house.
(b) The boy.
(c) His mother.
(d) The lighthouse.
8. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
9. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
(a) Mrs. Somerton.
(b) Mr. Gregory.
(c) Mr. Douglas.
(d) Rabi Perth.
10. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It changes language.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It begins to bleed.
11. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) People are superstitious.
(b) The architect made an error.
(c) It burned down.
(d) People like even numbered rooms.
12. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
13. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
(a) Something supernatural.
(b) A robbery.
(c) An elf.
(d) A unicorn.
14. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
15. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
(a) A black coat.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A wig.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
2. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
3. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
4. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
5. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)