|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) A demon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A child.
(d) A priest.
2. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She runs.
(d) She looks worried.
3. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(a) United States.
4. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
(a) A stone.
(b) A door.
(c) A key.
(d) A lock.
5. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
(a) No one.
(b) He is already married.
(c) Mary Simpson.
(d) Joyce River.
6. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(a) Yacman Sieborg.
(b) Jutland Viborg.
(d) Juk Ta Pan.
7. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A poacher.
(b) A serial killer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A thief.
8. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Keeps it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it in the ocean.
(d) Gives it to the maid.
9. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
10. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
(a) A robbery.
(b) An elf.
(c) Something supernatural.
(d) A unicorn.
11. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
12. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 1,000,000 dollars.
(b) 10,000 gold pieces.
(c) A rare book.
13. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(b) Invisible ink.
14. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
(a) A well.
(b) A grave.
(c) In the bell tower.
(d) In his house.
15. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The lighthouse.
(b) His mother.
(c) The boy.
(d) The manor house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
2. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
3. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
4. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
5. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)