|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(a) Yacman Sieborg.
(b) Juk Ta Pan.
(d) Jutland Viborg.
2. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) A witch.
(b) A gold dove.
(c) Someone sneaking into his room.
(d) A tornado.
3. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He screams.
(b) He is hit over the head.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He becomes ill.
4. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
5. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It changed to 13.
(b) It is upsidedown.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It changed to 12.
6. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A poacher.
(b) A thief.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A serial killer.
7. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
(a) A lock.
(b) A door.
(c) A stone.
(d) A key.
8. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
9. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) The sky.
(b) Church windows.
(c) Church floors.
(d) The Bible.
10. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Gives it to the maid.
(b) Throws it in the ocean.
(c) Keeps it.
(d) Burns it.
11. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) People are superstitious.
(b) It burned down.
(c) The architect made an error.
(d) People like even numbered rooms.
12. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "Study hard."
(b) "I bite."
(c) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
(d) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
13. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) To prove room 13 exists.
(b) For a nightcap.
(c) To lend him a book.
(d) To pay his bill.
14. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) Photos of David Beckham.
(b) His first novel.
(c) His experiences with the occult.
(d) His experience looking at art.
15. What goal was Magnus De la Gardie trying to obtain according to Mr. Wraxall's research?
(a) Long life.
(d) Run a 5k.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
2. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
3. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
4. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
5. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)