|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
2. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) A book.
(d) His Aunt.
3. Where does Mr. Williams work?
(a) A police station.
(b) A college.
(c) A science lab.
(d) A museum.
4. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
(a) John Frank.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Max Smith.
(d) John Eldred.
5. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "I bite."
(b) "Study hard."
(c) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
(d) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
6. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) His first novel.
(b) His experience looking at art.
(c) Photos of David Beckham.
(d) His experiences with the occult.
7. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He cut off his ear.
(c) He married his sister.
(d) He died.
8. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The boy.
(b) His mother.
(c) The lighthouse.
(d) The manor house.
9. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A music box.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) A cat howling.
10. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
(a) Under the floor.
(b) In the air duct.
(c) In room 13.
(d) In the bathroom.
11. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
(a) A black coat.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A wig.
12. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
(a) He begins to dance.
(b) He feels someone grab him.
(c) He dies.
(d) The bag turns into a bunch of snakes.
13. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) People are superstitious.
(b) It burned down.
(c) The architect made an error.
(d) People like even numbered rooms.
14. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
(a) His computer.
(b) His money.
(c) His case.
(d) His clothes.
15. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
(a) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
2. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
3. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
4. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
5. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)