|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
2. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The boy.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) His mother.
(d) The manor house.
3. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no keys.
(b) The elevators run backwards.
(c) There are no doors.
(d) There is no room 13.
4. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
5. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
6. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(a) United States.
7. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "Study hard."
(b) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
(c) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
(d) "I bite."
8. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A jail.
(d) A mountain.
9. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
(b) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(c) Mr. Somerton dies.
(d) Mr. Somerton is ill.
10. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(d) A string.
11. In what town does Parkins work?
12. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) His experience looking at art.
(b) His first novel.
(c) Photos of David Beckham.
(d) His experiences with the occult.
13. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Gives it to the maid.
(b) Throws it in the ocean.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Keeps it.
14. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
(a) A stone.
(b) A lock.
(c) A key.
(d) A door.
15. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
(b) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
2. Where is Parkins a professor?
3. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
4. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
5. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)