|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) His experience looking at art.
(b) His first novel.
(c) His experiences with the occult.
(d) Photos of David Beckham.
2. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
3. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no keys.
(b) There is no room 13.
(c) The elevators run backwards.
(d) There are no doors.
4. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
(b) "I bite."
(c) "Study hard."
(d) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
5. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A church.
(b) A jail.
(c) A museum.
(d) A mountain.
6. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
7. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
8. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A drawer.
(c) The attic.
(d) His car.
9. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He married his sister.
(c) He died.
(d) He cut off his ear.
10. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He sees two men.
(b) His flights are delayed.
(c) He loses his luggage.
(d) He cries.
11. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
(a) A school house.
(b) A park.
(c) A smoking room.
(d) A barber shop.
12. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
13. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(a) United States.
14. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) Invisible ink.
15. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) The architect made an error.
(b) People are superstitious.
(c) It burned down.
(d) People like even numbered rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
2. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
3. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
4. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
5. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)