|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) Roses don't grow in winter.
(b) No one likes roses.
(c) They are planting in the wrong spot.
(d) Weeds will kill the roses.
2. What type of person is Magnus De la Gardie?
3. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A cat howling.
(b) A music box.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) An opera singer.
4. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) He faints.
(b) He understands the secret of life.
(c) The lid rises.
5. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He cries.
(c) He inherits millions.
(d) He jumps with joy.
6. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Keeps it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it in the ocean.
(d) Gives it to the maid.
7. In what town does Parkins work?
8. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A poacher.
(d) A serial killer.
9. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A book.
(b) A tool.
(c) A painting.
(d) A big house.
10. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
11. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(a) Mrs. Summons.
(b) Miss Wilkins.
12. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He sees two men.
(b) His flights are delayed.
(c) He loses his luggage.
(d) He cries.
13. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It comes to life.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It changes language.
14. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
(a) A parson.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A child.
(d) A woman.
15. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
2. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
3. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
4. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
5. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)