|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He cut off his ear.
(c) He married his sister.
(d) He died.
2. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
3. What does Parkins not believe in?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) The supernatural.
(c) Love at first sight.
4. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
(a) The baker.
(b) The handyman.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The landlord.
5. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The pew.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The mausoleum.
6. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A pool.
(d) A lodging house.
7. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(c) A string.
8. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) The manor house.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) His mother.
(d) The boy.
9. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) He understands the secret of life.
(c) The lid rises.
(d) He faints.
10. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) A girl.
(b) The maid.
(c) His friend.
(d) A boy.
11. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
(a) George Higer.
(b) Magnus De La Gardie.
(c) The anti-christ.
(d) His brother.
12. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) Roses don't grow in winter.
(b) No one likes roses.
(c) They are planting in the wrong spot.
(d) Weeds will kill the roses.
13. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He is hit over the head.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He screams.
14. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
15. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
(d) Fabric swatches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
2. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
3. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
4. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
5. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)