|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) Someone carrying a baby.
(b) A party.
(c) A fire.
(d) A unicorn.
2. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
3. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
(a) The anti-christ.
(b) Magnus De La Gardie.
(c) His brother.
(d) George Higer.
4. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) Invisible ink.
5. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no keys.
(b) There is no room 13.
(c) There are no doors.
(d) The elevators run backwards.
6. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Mount St. Michelle.
(c) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(d) Marie de Twain.
7. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He sees two men.
(b) His flights are delayed.
(c) He cries.
(d) He loses his luggage.
8. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(a) Miss Wilkins.
(d) Mrs. Summons.
9. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) A gold dove.
(b) Someone sneaking into his room.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A witch.
10. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It changes language.
11. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
12. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
(a) The book.
(b) A safe.
(c) The wall of the library.
(d) The old barn.
13. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
14. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
15. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He writes them.
(c) He sells them.
(d) He buys them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
2. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
3. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
4. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
5. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)