|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
(a) A smoking room.
(b) A park.
(c) A school house.
(d) A barber shop.
2. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
(a) Canon Alberic de Mauleon.
(b) Canon Alberic Frank.
(c) Canon Alberic Maveric.
(d) Canon Alberic de Sade.
4. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The mausoleum.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The pew.
5. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He publishes a best seller.
(b) He marries the count's daughter.
(c) He lives in the count's castle.
(d) He dies.
6. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
(c) The Bible.
7. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
(b) Fabric swatches.
8. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A pool.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A lodging house.
9. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
(a) He begins to dance.
(b) He dies.
(c) The bag turns into a bunch of snakes.
(d) He feels someone grab him.
10. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
(a) Both beds were slept in.
(b) There is no power.
(c) There was a murder.
(d) He must check out.
11. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
12. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(d) Invisible ink.
13. What does Parkins not believe in?
(a) Love at first sight.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) The supernatural.
14. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
(a) A captain.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A reporter.
15. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A manor house.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A boy playing jacks.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
2. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
3. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
4. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
5. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)