|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
2. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
(a) The stone must be replaced.
(b) The church must be burned.
(c) He must be cleansed.
(d) The treasure must be returned.
3. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) Church floors.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The sky.
(d) Church windows.
4. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
5. Where is Abbot Thomass treasure buried?
(a) In the bell tower.
(b) In his house.
(c) A grave.
(d) A well.
6. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(d) United States.
7. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
(a) There was a murder.
(b) He must check out.
(c) There is no power.
(d) Both beds were slept in.
8. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A party.
(b) Someone carrying a baby.
(c) A fire.
(d) A unicorn.
9. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
10. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) A high price.
(b) 1,000 euros.
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) A cheap price.
11. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
12. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Keeps it.
(c) Throws it in the ocean.
(d) Gives it to the maid.
13. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
14. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
(a) His money.
(b) His computer.
(c) His case.
(d) His clothes.
15. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
(a) In the air duct.
(b) Under the floor.
(c) In room 13.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
2. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
3. In what town does Parkins work?
4. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
5. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)