|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(d) French food.
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
3. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
(a) His Aunt.
(b) A friend.
(c) His father.
(d) A book.
4. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It changes language.
(b) It comes to life.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It disappears.
5. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
6. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no doors.
(b) There is no room 13.
(c) There are no keys.
(d) The elevators run backwards.
7. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
(a) An elf.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A creature crawling on all fours.
(d) A werewolf.
8. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He publishes a best seller.
(b) He marries the count's daughter.
(c) He lives in the count's castle.
(d) He dies.
9. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
10. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) A boy.
(b) His friend.
(c) The maid.
(d) A girl.
11. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A church.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A jail.
(d) A museum.
12. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He writes them.
(b) He buys them.
(c) He sells them.
(d) He burns them.
13. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
(a) The Bible.
14. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "I bite."
(b) "Study hard."
(c) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
(d) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
15. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(b) Invisible ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
2. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
3. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
4. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
5. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)