|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(c) A string.
2. What does Mr. Garrett claim the eyes of the man in the library are covered with, in "The Tractate Middoth"?
3. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(b) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(c) Mount St. Michelle.
(d) Marie de Twain.
4. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
5. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
(a) A captain.
(b) A judge.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A murderer.
6. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Mails it to the church.
(c) Freezes it.
(d) Tears it.
7. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(d) United States.
8. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
9. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) A feather.
(c) A metal object.
10. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) No one likes roses.
(b) They are planting in the wrong spot.
(c) Roses don't grow in winter.
(d) Weeds will kill the roses.
11. How many wills did Mary Simpson's uncle make?
12. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) It burned down.
(b) People are superstitious.
(c) The architect made an error.
(d) People like even numbered rooms.
13. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) A gold dove.
(b) A witch.
(c) A tornado.
(d) Someone sneaking into his room.
14. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He dies.
(b) He inherits millions.
(c) He jumps with joy.
(d) He cries.
15. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He sells them.
(b) He writes them.
(c) He buys them.
(d) He burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
2. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
3. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
4. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
5. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)