|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A serial killer.
(b) A poacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A thief.
2. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) A tornado.
(b) Someone sneaking into his room.
(c) A gold dove.
(d) A witch.
3. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
4. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
5. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) Someone carrying a baby.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A party.
(d) A fire.
6. What is the name of the man that comes looking for the the Tractate Middoth?
(a) Max Smith.
(b) John Frank.
(c) Henry James.
(d) John Eldred.
7. Who has memories about where the rose garden is to be planted?
(b) Mrs. Summons.
(c) Miss Wilkins.
8. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(b) 10,000 gold pieces.
(c) 1,000,000 dollars.
(d) A rare book.
9. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He loses his luggage.
(b) He sees two men.
(c) He cries.
(d) His flights are delayed.
10. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
11. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
12. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Marie de Twain.
(b) Mount St. Michelle.
(c) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
13. What does Parkins do with the whistle, at the end of "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(a) Keeps it.
(b) Throws it in the ocean.
(c) Gives it to the maid.
(d) Burns it.
14. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A music box.
(b) A pig squealing.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A cat howling.
15. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He inherits millions.
(b) He dies.
(c) He jumps with joy.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
2. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
3. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
4. What is Mr. Garrett's occupation?
5. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)