|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
2. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
(b) Jutland Viborg.
(c) Yacman Sieborg.
(d) Juk Ta Pan.
3. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
4. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Tears it.
(c) Mails it to the church.
(d) Freezes it.
5. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A music box.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) A cat howling.
6. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A party.
(b) Someone carrying a baby.
(c) A fire.
(d) A unicorn.
7. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A poacher.
(b) A thief.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A serial killer.
8. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
9. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
(a) Someone sneaking into his room.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A gold dove.
(d) A witch.
10. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
(b) A feather.
(d) A metal object.
11. What does Parkins not believe in?
(b) Love at first sight.
(c) The supernatural.
(d) Eating meat.
12. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
13. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
14. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
(a) His experiences with the occult.
(b) Photos of David Beckham.
(c) His experience looking at art.
(d) His first novel.
15. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He publishes a best seller.
(b) He marries the count's daughter.
(c) He dies.
(d) He lives in the count's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
2. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
3. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
4. What is the Tractate Middoth?
5. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)