|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
(a) A train.
(b) A trial.
(c) A news report.
(d) A giggle.
2. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
(a) A woman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A parson.
(d) A child.
3. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A big house.
(b) A book.
(c) A tool.
(d) A painting.
4. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There is no room 13.
(b) The elevators run backwards.
(c) There are no keys.
(d) There are no doors.
5. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Freezes it.
(c) Tears it.
(d) Mails it to the church.
6. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
(a) The anti-christ.
(b) His brother.
(c) Magnus De La Gardie.
(d) George Higer.
7. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It comes to life.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It begins to bleed.
(d) It changes language.
8. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
9. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
10. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
(a) His Aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) A book.
(d) A friend.
11. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
(a) He must be cleansed.
(b) The treasure must be returned.
(c) The church must be burned.
(d) The stone must be replaced.
12. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
13. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
(a) Raise his child.
(b) Notify his next of kin.
(c) Put something back for him.
(d) Take over his business.
14. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He publishes a best seller.
(b) He marries the count's daughter.
(c) He dies.
(d) He lives in the count's castle.
15. What does Parkins realize is wrong with the figure that appears in his room?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has one arm.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has one leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pilgrimage did Magnus De la Gardie go on?
2. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
3. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
4. What does Mr. Garrett claim the eyes of the man in the library are covered with, in "The Tractate Middoth"?
5. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)