|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It changed to 12.
(b) It disappeared.
(c) It changed to 13.
(d) It is upsidedown.
2. In "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," what king's photo is in the scrapbook?
3. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no doors.
(b) The elevators run backwards.
(c) There is no room 13.
(d) There are no keys.
4. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
(b) Mr. Somerton is ill.
(c) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(d) Mr. Somerton dies.
5. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 1,000 euros.
(c) A high price.
(d) A cheap price.
6. Whom does Mr. Somerton's servant write to, in "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas"?
(a) Mr. Gregory.
(b) Mr. Douglas.
(c) Mrs. Somerton.
(d) Rabi Perth.
7. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
8. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A big house.
(b) A book.
(c) A painting.
(d) A tool.
9. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
10. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
(a) Canon Alberic de Sade.
(b) Canon Alberic Maveric.
(c) Canon Alberic Frank.
(d) Canon Alberic de Mauleon.
11. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) His mother.
(b) A boy playing jacks.
(c) A manor house.
(d) A lighthouse.
12. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) He faints.
(b) The lid rises.
(d) He understands the secret of life.
13. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A fire.
(c) A party.
(d) Someone carrying a baby.
14. What does Mr. Garrett claim the eyes of the man in the library are covered with, in "The Tractate Middoth"?
15. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
(a) A pool.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A lodging house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
2. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
3. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
4. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
5. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)