|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim happened to him, at the end of "A Vignette"?
(a) He went blind.
(b) He is haunted for the rest of his life.
(c) He passed out.
(d) He dies.
2. What does Abbot Thomas's treasure consist of?
(a) 1,000,000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 gold pieces.
(d) A rare book.
3. What is the name of the strange forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(b) Pine Forest.
(c) McKale Wood.
(d) Betton Wood.
4. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
5. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(b) Mr. Somerton dies.
(c) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
(d) Mr. Somerton is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the reader to think about, in "A Vignette"?
2. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
3. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
4. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
5. Who does Mr. Davidson meet on his walk home, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)