|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no keys.
(b) The elevators run backwards.
(c) There are no doors.
(d) There is no room 13.
2. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
3. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) Freezes it.
(b) Tears it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Mails it to the church.
4. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton dies.
(b) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(c) Mr. Somerton is ill.
(d) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
5. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(d) French food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
2. What did the dean discover, in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
3. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
4. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
5. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)