|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
(b) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
(c) "I bite."
(d) "Study hard."
2. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He screams.
(d) He is hit over the head.
3. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
(a) A dress.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A wig.
(d) A black coat.
4. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It is upsidedown.
(b) It changed to 12.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It changed to 13.
5. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) The length of the yacht.
(b) The mazes.
(c) The poetic passages.
(d) The rimmed wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance," what does Mr. Humphrey learn is hidden in the globe?
2. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
3. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
4. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter", what is the man found dead without?
5. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)