|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) 1,000 euros.
(b) A high price.
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) A cheap price.
2. Who is Mr. Cooper, in the story "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A neighbor of his mother's.
(d) A neighbor of his uncle's.
3. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
(c) New York.
4. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
5. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The economy was bad.
(b) He needed more skills.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) The priest would not retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
2. What do the boys see the night before school master Sampson disappears?
3. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
4. What does Mr. Thomson think he sees in the strange room, in "Rats"?
5. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)