|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
(a) He forgets to run an errand.
(b) He does not cook her dinner.
(c) He teases her.
(d) He hates her singing.
2. What does John Haynes do for a living?
3. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
(a) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(b) He stole from the bank.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He criticized Mr. Karswell's paper.
4. In "The Mezzotint," what does Mr. Williams realize the painting is doing?
(c) Portraying the last supper.
5. What is Mrs. Porter's job at the chapel?
(c) Religious advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
2. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
3. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
4. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
5. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)