|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Williams' servant see when he looks at the painting?
(a) A party.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) Someone carrying a baby.
(d) A fire.
2. How was John Haynes predecessor killed?
(b) Fell on the stairs.
(d) Heart attack.
3. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
(a) It was from his backyard.
(b) A man hit it with his car.
(c) He used to climb it.
(d) People were hung from it.
4. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
5. What falls on Mr. Karswell that kills him?
(a) A man.
(b) A stone.
(c) A statue.
(d) A piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
2. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
3. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
4. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
5. Where did John Haynes work?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)