|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mr. Humphreys and his Inheritance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Parkins blows the whistle, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
(a) Angels arrive.
(b) His dog falls down dead.
(c) Snow falls.
(d) A strong wind blows.
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
3. What is Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) A book.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A car.
(d) An estate.
4. In "The Mezzotint," what does Mr. Williams realize the painting is doing?
(d) Portraying the last supper.
5. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
(a) The poetic passages.
(b) The mazes.
(c) The rimmed wheels.
(d) The length of the yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
2. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
3. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
4. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
5. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)