|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A School Story and The Rose Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must happen for Mr. Somerton to be out of the Abbot's grip?
(a) He must be cleansed.
(b) The treasure must be returned.
(c) The church must be burned.
(d) The stone must be replaced.
2. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
(a) He cries.
(b) He loses his luggage.
(c) His flights are delayed.
(d) He sees two men.
3. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It is upsidedown.
(b) It changed to 12.
(c) It changed to 13.
(d) It disappeared.
4. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He marries the count's daughter.
(b) He publishes a best seller.
(c) He dies.
(d) He lives in the count's castle.
5. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) He understands the secret of life.
(b) He faints.
(d) The lid rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
2. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
3. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
4. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
5. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)