|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A School Story and The Rose Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Collins warn the Anstruthers about the rose garden?
(a) No one likes roses.
(b) Roses don't grow in winter.
(c) They are planting in the wrong spot.
(d) Weeds will kill the roses.
2. What is written on the paper the narrator finds in "A School Story"?
(a) "If you don't come to me, I'll come to you."
(b) "I bite."
(c) "Study hard."
(d) "Teachers are the best thing ever."
3. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) He faints.
(c) He understands the secret of life.
(d) The lid rises.
4. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) The elevators run backwards.
(b) There are no keys.
(c) There are no doors.
(d) There is no room 13.
5. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
(a) The handyman.
(b) The baker.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
2. Where did Abbot Thomas work?
3. What happens Mr. Wraxall after speaking to the tomb?
4. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
5. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)