|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A School Story and The Rose Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) To pay his bill.
(b) For a nightcap.
(c) To lend him a book.
(d) To prove room 13 exists.
2. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It is upsidedown.
(c) It changed to 13.
(d) It changed to 12.
3. What does Parkins discover on the whistle he found?
(a) A string.
4. What does Parkins not believe in?
(a) Love at first sight.
(b) The supernatural.
(c) Eating meat.
5. What is Mr. Anderson researching in Denmark?
(a) A jail.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A museum.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rose Garden," who is Collins?
2. What sport does Parkins play with his friend, in the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
3. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
4. What does the maid tell Parkins the night after he blew the whistle?
5. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)