|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Number 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A boy playing jacks.
(c) His mother.
(d) A manor house.
2. What are the Englishman's friends not interested in studying in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(c) French food.
3. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(b) Invisible ink.
4. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He married his sister.
(c) He cut off his ear.
(d) He died.
5. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It changed to 13.
(b) It disappeared.
(c) It is upsidedown.
(d) It changed to 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
2. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
3. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
4. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
5. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)