|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Number 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
2. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) For a nightcap.
(b) To pay his bill.
(c) To prove room 13 exists.
(d) To lend him a book.
3. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
4. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no doors.
(b) There are no keys.
(c) The elevators run backwards.
(d) There is no room 13.
5. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) People are superstitious.
(b) The architect made an error.
(c) People like even numbered rooms.
(d) It burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the Englishman notice concerning the caretaker while at S. Bertrand Church?
2. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
3. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
4. Where is the hotel in "Number 13" located?
5. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)