|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Number 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the Englishman's room after he buys Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) A horse.
(b) A demon.
(c) A priest.
(d) A child.
2. What is the name of the Englishman who visits S. Bertrand Church?
3. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In room 13.
(c) In the air duct.
(d) Under the floor.
4. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It is upsidedown.
(b) It changed to 13.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It changed to 12.
5. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
(a) He married his sister.
(b) He became famous.
(c) He cut off his ear.
(d) He died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
2. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
3. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
4. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
5. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)