|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Number 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
(a) In the air duct.
(b) In room 13.
(c) Under the floor.
(d) In the bathroom.
2. Where does Mr. Williams work?
(a) A science lab.
(b) A museum.
(c) A police station.
(d) A college.
3. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A music box.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) A cat howling.
4. What does Mr. Anderson notice about the room number on his door after he goes to retrieve a book?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It changed to 12.
(c) It changed to 13.
(d) It is upsidedown.
5. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
(a) A drawer.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) His car.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
2. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
3. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
4. What does Mr. Anderson realize is missing from his room after a day of work?
5. What does the Englishman do with the photo at the end of "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)