|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Number 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. Anderson related to the narrator in "Number 13"?
2. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
(a) There are no doors.
(b) There are no keys.
(c) There is no room 13.
(d) The elevators run backwards.
3. Where does Dennistoun return to at the start of "The Mezzotint"?
(d) United States.
4. What room number does Mr. Anderson choose in "Number 13"?
5. Why does the landlord tell Mr. Anderson there is no room 13?
(a) People like even numbered rooms.
(b) People are superstitious.
(c) The architect made an error.
(d) It burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the caretaker at S. Bertrand Church act around the Englishman?
2. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
3. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
4. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
5. Who does Mr. Williams invite to look at the painting?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)