|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Malice of Inanimate Objects and A Vignette.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He becomes famous.
(d) He wins the lottery.
2. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) A music box.
(b) A cat howling.
(c) A pig squealing.
(d) An opera singer.
3. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The economy was bad.
(b) He was lazy.
(c) The priest would not retire.
(d) He needed more skills.
4. What did the dean discover, in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) An old cross.
(b) A new bible.
(c) A murder.
(d) A tomb.
5. On what holiday does Mr. Davidson plan to return to the chapel?
(a) St. Mark's Day.
(b) St. Jude's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as being a parable, in "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
2. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
3. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
4. How does the maid respond to Mr. Anderson when he asks about his missing item?
5. What does Mr. Cooper try to find a key to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)