|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Williams learn was hung for a crime while the artist was painting his picture?
(a) A poacher.
(b) A thief.
(c) A serial killer.
(d) A lawyer.
2. How much does the Englishman pay the caretaker for the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
(a) 1,000 euros.
(b) 200 dollars.
(c) A cheap price.
(d) A high price.
3. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
4. Why did Mr. Lake go to the cathedral, in "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
(a) To meet the priest.
(b) To pray.
(c) To work.
(d) To study records.
5. What is in the painting that Mr. Williams orders?
(a) His mother.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A manor house.
(d) A boy playing jacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
2. Why is the secretary afraid for Dunning?
3. What does Mr. Somerton forget to replace when he leaves the Abbot's treasure?
4. What is the Englishman interested in looking through at S. Bertrand Church?
5. What language does school master Sampson try to teach the boys in "A School Story"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)