|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are several carvings in John Haynes' office made from a tree. What is significant about the tree?
(a) It was from his backyard.
(b) He used to climb it.
(c) A man hit it with his car.
(d) People were hung from it.
2. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
(a) A black coat.
(b) A wig.
(c) A dress.
(d) A red hat.
3. What happens to John Haynes' wood carvings after his death?
(a) They are sold.
(b) The come to life and run away.
(c) They stay in his office.
(d) They burn.
4. What is Mr. Wraxall's role in the manuscripts?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He sells them.
(c) He writes them.
(d) He buys them.
5. Why was John Harrington murdered, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(b) He didn't like Mr. Karswell's paper.
(c) He insulted Mr. Karswell's wife.
(d) No reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parkins find at the job site, in "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad"?
2. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
3. What happens when Mr. Garrett goes to look for the Tractate Middoth a second time?
4. What does John Haynes do for a living?
5. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)