|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two men sitting and chatting in "A School Story"?
(a) A school house.
(b) A smoking room.
(c) A barber shop.
(d) A park.
2. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He lives in the count's castle.
(b) He dies.
(c) He marries the count's daughter.
(d) He publishes a best seller.
3. What does Mr. Somerton ask his friend to do when he arrives at the church?
(a) Notify his next of kin.
(b) Put something back for him.
(c) Raise his child.
(d) Take over his business.
4. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) A girl.
(b) His friend.
(c) A boy.
(d) The maid.
5. Why is Dunning left home alone at night?
(a) He likes to be alone.
(b) His children are at college.
(c) He is going through a divorce.
(d) His servants are sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Number 13," what is strange about all the hotels in Denmark?
2. How many beds are in the room Perkins sleeps in, during the story "Oh Whistle, and I'll come to You, My Lad."
3. What part of the church is Mr. Wraxall unable to enter?
4. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
5. Who is Mr. Worby,in the story "An Episode of Cathedral History"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)