|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Parkins he saw someone in his hotel window?
(a) The maid.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) His friend.
2. Where does Mr. Williams lock the painting?
(a) His car.
(b) A drawer.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The attic.
3. Whose scrapbook does the caretaker, in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook," show the Englishman?
(a) Canon Alberic de Sade.
(b) Canon Alberic Maveric.
(c) Canon Alberic Frank.
(d) Canon Alberic de Mauleon.
4. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," what does Mr. Davidson think of the man he meets at the hotel?
5. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
(a) Under the floor.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the air duct.
(d) In room 13.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
2. During what season does John Haynes begin to hear strange whispering?
3. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Anstruther live, in "The Rose Garden"?
4. What type of writing does the Englishman see in the Canon Alberic's scrapbook?
5. What is Mr. Somerton's job?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)