|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Warning to the Curious," what is the purpose of the three crowns?
(a) To have a happy marriage.
(b) To extend life.
(c) To bring wealth.
(d) To protect the country.
2. Who is buried at the location of the rose garden?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A captain.
(d) A judge.
3. Why is Dunning left home alone at night?
(a) He likes to be alone.
(b) His servants are sick.
(c) He is going through a divorce.
(d) His children are at college.
4. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(b) He faints.
(c) The lid rises.
(d) He understands the secret of life.
5. Where is Parkins a professor?
(a) George Town.
(b) St. James College.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," where does the person Mr. Davidson meets on his walk say his daughter works?
2. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
3. What does Mr. Williams decide to locate in "The Mezzotint"?
4. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
5. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)