|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Parkins a professor?
(a) George Town.
(b) St. James College.
2. In "A School Story," what happens to the writing on the paper the narrator finds?
(a) It begins to bleed.
(b) It comes to life.
(c) It changes language.
(d) It disappears.
3. What happens when John Eldred locates the will?
(a) He inherits millions.
(b) He cries.
(c) He dies.
(d) He jumps with joy.
4. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) Church windows.
(b) The sky.
(c) Church floors.
(d) The Bible.
5. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) He was lazy.
(b) The economy was bad.
(c) He needed more skills.
(d) The priest would not retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is uncommon about the prayer books, in the story "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
2. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
3. Where does Mr. Garrett realize the will is hidden?
4. Who is Mr. Cooper, in the story "Mr. Humphrey's Inheritance"?
5. Where do Mr. Humphrey, Mr. Cooper, and Mr. Cooper's wife almost get lost?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)