|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange events occur in the forest, in "A Neighbour's Landmark"?
(b) Sudden fires.
2. What is the name of the town the Englishman visits in "Canon Alberic's Scrapbook"?
(a) S. Bertrand de Comminges.
(b) Mount St. Michelle.
(c) Marie de Twain.
3. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
4. What does Mr. Davidson plan to do while his family is out of town, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book"?
(a) Rob a bank.
(b) Travel and work.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Go out to eat.
5. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) He becomes famous.
(b) He dies.
(c) He wins the lottery.
(d) He is exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank hear while standing near the rose garden?
2. Why was John Harrington murdered, in "Casting the Runes"?
3. Where are the two men vacationing in "A Warning to the Curious"?
4. Where does Dunning see a mysterious advertisement, in "Castine the Rune"?
5. What letters are carved into school master Sampson's coin?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)