|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Anderson invite the landlord to his room?
(a) To lend him a book.
(b) To pay his bill.
(c) To prove room 13 exists.
(d) For a nightcap.
2. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter", what is the man found dead without?
(a) His watch.
(d) His wool coat.
3. What happens to Mr. Paxton, at the end of "A Warning to the Curious"?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) He becomes famous.
(c) He is exiled.
(d) He dies.
4. What does the lawyer's singing in room 14 sound like?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) A pig squealing.
(c) A music box.
(d) A cat howling.
5. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) A hairy figure.
(b) A horse with two heads.
(c) A fight.
(d) His father's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dunning left home alone at night?
2. What is the most prominent feature of Mr. Humphrey's inheritance?
3. What happened to the artist after he had finished the painting?
4. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
5. In "A Warning to the Curious," who does Mr. Paxton claim is following him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)