|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
(a) Something supernatural.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A robbery.
(d) An elf.
2. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
(a) The lid rises.
(b) He understands the secret of life.
(c) He faints.
3. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
(a) He marries the count's daughter.
(b) He dies.
(c) He lives in the count's castle.
(d) He publishes a best seller.
4. Who went to the chapel, in "The Uncommon Prayer-Book," to take photographs?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Mrs. Porter.
(c) The man from the hotel.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
5. Why did it take John Haynes a long time to obtain his job?
(a) The priest would not retire.
(b) The economy was bad.
(c) He needed more skills.
(d) He was lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious being does Mr. Williams see in the painting?
2. What did Mary Simpson's uncle used to wear?
3. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
4. Where did John Haynes work?
5. Where does Mr. Denton go, at the start of "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)