|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Neighbour's Landmark and A Warning to the Curious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Somerton look at to find clues to the location of the Abbot's treasure?
(a) Church windows.
(b) Church floors.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The sky.
2. In what town does Parkins work?
3. In "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas," why does Mr. Somerton's servant write a letter?
(a) Mr. Somerton lost his passport.
(b) Mr. Somerton needs money.
(c) Mr. Somerton dies.
(d) Mr. Somerton is ill.
4. What markings are on John Haynes' face when they find him dead?
5. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) Mrs. Franga.
(b) Mrs. Steed.
(c) Mr. Karswell.
(d) Mr. Joel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Denton decide to make curtains from, in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
2. Where does Mr. Anderson find the mysterious papers at the end of "Number 13"?
3. How many prayer books does Mrs. Porter discuss with Mr. Davidson?
4. Where does Dunning see a mysterious advertisement, in "Castine the Rune"?
5. What do the police suspect killed Mr. Poshwitz?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)