|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Casting the Runes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was John Harrington murdered, in "Casting the Runes"?
(a) He stole from Mr. Karswell.
(b) No reason.
(c) He didn't like Mr. Karswell's paper.
(d) He insulted Mr. Karswell's wife.
2. What does Dunning find under his pillow?
(a) A letter.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) A gold coin.
3. What society does the secretary belong to, at the start of "Casting the Runes"?
4. How does Mr. Somerton learn of Abbot Thomas's treasure?
(a) His Aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) A book.
5. What happens when Mr. Somerton grabs the bag of treasure?
(a) He begins to dance.
(b) He feels someone grab him.
(c) He dies.
(d) The bag turns into a bunch of snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose paper did the society deny, in "Casting the Runes"?
2. What happens when Mr. Wraxall speaks to the count's tomb?
3. What does Dennistoun decide not to publish in "The Mezzotint"?
4. Where did Mr. Wraxall travel on his last trip?
5. Who did Mr. Garrett see looking for the Tractate Middoth earlier?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)