|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Diary of Mr. Poynter and An Episode of Cathedral History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," what covers the human figure that appears to Mr. Denton?
2. Who does Mr. Wraxall learn was born in Chorazin?
(a) The anti-christ.
(b) His brother.
(c) George Higer.
(d) Magnus De La Gardie.
3. What is the Tractate Middoth?
(a) A painting.
(b) A big house.
(c) A tool.
(d) A book.
4. In "An Episode of Cathedral History," what did Mr. Worby see as a child?
(a) His father's murder.
(b) A fight.
(c) A horse with two heads.
(d) A hairy figure.
5. Who does Mr. Garrett marry at the end of "The Tractate Middoth"?
(a) No one.
(b) He is already married.
(c) Joyce River.
(d) Mary Simpson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the manuscripts in "Count Magnus" about?
2. What happens to Mr. Wraxall at the end of Count Magnus?
3. What does the landlord tell Mr. Wraxall that men saw in the woods during the time of the count?
4. Where does Mr. Garrett meet Mary Simpson?
5. Why does Miss Denton become angry at Mr. Denton in "The Diary of Mr. Poynter"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)