|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond go for a swim in this chapter?
2. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
3. What does Vesper say she has been doing everyday?
4. What does Bond decide he is going to ask Vesper?
5. What does bond fear the men will do to Vesper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
2. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
3. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
4. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
5. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
6. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
7. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
8. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
9. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
10. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)