|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
2. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
3. Who does Veser say she was calling?
4. Why is Bond angry with M?
5. What is Le Chiffre drinking when he enters?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1950s France.
1) Why were spies and double agents such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think France was going through a transitional phase in the Fifties? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)