|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
2. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
3. Who does Veser say she was calling?
4. Why is Bond angry with M?
5. What is Le Chiffre drinking when he enters?
Essay Topic 1
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
Essay Topic 2
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)