|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
2. What does Bond do to Vesper in their room?
3. What does Vesper say to Bond when he kisses her?
4. What does Le Chiffre want to know?
5. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
2. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
3. What does Vesper's note say?
4. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
6. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
7. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
8. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
9. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
10. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Casino Royale is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Casino Royale?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)