|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the SMERSH agent shoot Le Chiffre?
2. What does Vesper say she has been doing everyday?
3. Where does Le Chiffre put Bond's unconscious body?
4. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
5. What does Le Chiffre want to know?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)