|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
2. What does Bond order in the night club?
3. What does Bond do before dinner?
4. Where does Le Chiffre put Bond's unconscious body?
5. What does Bond do the following morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
2. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
3. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
4. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
6. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
7. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
8. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
9. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
10. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: Fleming only represents women through what Bond says and his female characters are actually strong and independent for that time.
Essay Topic 2
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
Essay Topic 3
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)