|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vesper drop when she sees the man with the eye patch?
2. What does Vesper describe in this chapter?
3. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
4. Who does Bond decide to be easy on in his report?
5. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
2. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
3. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
4. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
5. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
6. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
7. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
8. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
9. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
10. Describe Bond and Vesper's dinner date.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)