|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mathis think Bond should not become the answer to #137?
2. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
3. Why is Bond angry at Vesper?
4. What does Vesper kill herself with?
5. What does Bond write in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
2. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
3. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
4. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
5. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
6. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
7. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
8. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
9. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
10. What does Vesper's note say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Casino Royale is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Casino Royale?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)