|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bond and Vesper drink at dinner?
2. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
3. What does Vesper say she needed Mathis' help with?
4. What does Vesper say the gunman put over her head in the car?
5. Who found Bond's wrecked car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
2. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
3. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
4. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
5. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
6. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
7. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
8. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
9. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
10. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)