Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
2. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
3. Who does Veser say she was calling?
4. Why is Bond angry with M?
5. What is Le Chiffre drinking when he enters?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)