|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond write in this chapter?
2. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
3. What does Vesper kill herself with?
4. What will Bond do if Vesper is ransomed for 40 million francs?
5. Why does Mathis think Bond should not become the answer to #137?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: Fleming only represents women through what Bond says and his female characters are actually strong and independent for that time.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)