|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the gunman hit Bond?
2. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
3. Why does Bond want to sleep with Vesper?
4. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
5. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
2. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
3. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
4. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
5. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
6. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
7. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
8. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
9. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
10. What does Vesper's note say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 2
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)