|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
2. Where does Bond go for a swim in this chapter?
3. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
4. What is the surprise destination?
5. Why is Bond angry at Vesper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
2. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
3. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
4. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
5. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
6. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
7. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
9. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
10. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fleming's life. In what ways do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: Fleming only represents women through what Bond says and his female characters are actually strong and independent for that time.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)