Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
2. Who does Bond think is the true enemy?
3. Why is Bond angry with M?
4. What does Mathis bring Bond at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does Vesper say to Bond when he kisses her?
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)