Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
2. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
3. Who does Veser say she was calling?
4. Why is Bond angry with M?
5. What is Le Chiffre drinking when he enters?
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: Fleming only represents women through what Bond says and his female characters are actually strong and independent for that time.
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)