|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has provided Bond with a doctor?
2. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
3. What does Vesper say the gunman put over her head in the car?
4. Who is the note to Vesper sent from?
5. Where does Bond wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
2. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
3. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
4. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
5. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
6. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
7. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
8. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
9. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
10. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)