|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond wake up?
2. What is Bond worried about writing in this chapter?
3. What does the SMERSH agent use to mark Bond?
4. What does Vesper think she does not deserve?
5. What does Mathis tell Bond he should not become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
2. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
3. Describe Bond and Vesper's dinner date.
4. What does Vesper's note say?
5. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
6. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
7. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
8. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
9. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
10. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)