|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
2. Who does Bond decide to be easy on in his report?
3. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
4. Who does Veser say she was calling?
5. Who has provided Bond with a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
2. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
3. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
4. What does Vesper's note say?
5. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
6. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
7. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
8. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
9. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
10. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)