|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Le Chiffre's men do to Bond's chair?
2. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
3. What does the SMERSH agent ask Le Chiffre?
4. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
5. Where does the SMERSH agent shoot Le Chiffre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)