|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
2. Where has Mathis asked Vesper to meet him?
3. What does Mathis tell Bond he should not become?
4. Where does Bond go for a swim in this chapter?
5. Where does Le Chiffre hit Bond with the carpet beater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
2. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
3. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
4. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
5. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
6. Describe Bond and Vesper's dinner date.
7. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
8. What does Vesper's note say?
9. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
10. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1950s France.
1) Why were spies and double agents such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think France was going through a transitional phase in the Fifties? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)