|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond see in Le Chiffre's eyes?
2. What is the name of Bond's new partner?
3. What does Bond do when he sees the two dead men?
4. What is the name of Vespa's boss?
5. What did the City of Royale start as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
2. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
3. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
4. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
5. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
6. How does Bond feel about going broke?
7. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
8. Describe the layout of the casino table.
9. Describe Le Chiffre.
10. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 2
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
Essay Topic 3
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)