|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered in the village river?
2. What does Bond feel at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Where does the Belgian have metal interests?
4. What type of drink does Bond suggest they order?
5. Where are Bond and Mathis meeting for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond lose all of his money in Chapter 11?
2. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
3. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
4. Describe Bond's new partner.
5. How does Bond feel about going broke?
6. Why are the three individuals in Chapter 3 suspicious?
7. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
8. How does Bond plan to defeat Le Chiffre?
9. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
10. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)