|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond think women confuse work with?
2. What did Vesper's supervisor advise her not to do?
3. What has happened to the gunman who tried to kill Bond?
4. What does the usher hand Bond?
5. What does Bond feel at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
2. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
3. Describe Bond's new partner.
4. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the layout of the casino table.
6. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
7. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
8. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
9. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
10. Describe Le Chiffre.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)