|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Bond explain to Vesper?
2. Who does Bond receive a dossier from in this chapter?
3. Where are Bond and Mathis meeting for lunch?
4. In what French town does Le Chiffre have business interests?
5. What game does Le Chiffre like to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
2. What problems does Bond face in Chapter 12?
3. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
5. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
6. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
7. How does Bond lose all of his money in Chapter 11?
8. Why are the three individuals in Chapter 3 suspicious?
9. How does Bond feel about going broke?
10. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what ways do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)