|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bond kill in New York?
2. What does Bond have before he takes a nap?
3. Who does Bond decide to name his martini after?
4. What game does Le Chiffre like to play?
5. What is the gambling table shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond feel about going broke?
2. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
3. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
4. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
5. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
6. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
7. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
8. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
9. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
10. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)