|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of France does Le Chiffre's trade union control?
2. What will the gunman do if Bond does not recall his challenge?
3. What country does Mathis work for?
4. What problem does Bond face at the end of the chapter?
5. What is Lynd posing as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
2. Describe Le Chiffre.
3. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
4. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
6. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
7. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
8. Describe the layout of the casino table.
9. Why are the three individuals in Chapter 3 suspicious?
10. What is the background of the city of Royale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)