|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Bond sleep with?
2. What is Mathis posing as in this chapter?
3. What does the usher hand Bond?
4. What kind of gun does Bond decide to take with him in this chapter?
5. Where are Bond and Mathis meeting for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the background of the city of Royale?
2. How is Le Chiffre attempting to make up his losses?
3. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
4. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
5. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
6. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
7. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
8. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
9. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
10. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
Essay Topic 2
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 3
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)