Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vesper have information about at the end of the chapter?
2. What is the name of the French town?
3. What country is Lady Danvers from?
4. Who is the telegram from?
5. What game does Le Chiffre like to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
2. Describe Bond's new partner.
3. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
4. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
6. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
7. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
8. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
9. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
10. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interactions with each other?
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)