|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Le Chiffre trying to make up his losses?
2. What does the dossier say is Le Chiffre's weakness?
3. What was the red camera case supposed to be?
4. What kind of business does Le Chiffre own in Cordon Jaune?
5. What does the radio block?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
2. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
3. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
4. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
5. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
6. How does Bond feel about going broke?
7. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
8. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
9. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
10. How does Bond lose all of his money in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and France in the Fifties.
1) How did France and Britain's relationship change after the second World War?
2) How does Fleming express this relationship between Britain and France? Is it a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)