Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vesper have information about at the end of the chapter?
2. What is the name of the French town?
3. What country is Lady Danvers from?
4. Who is the telegram from?
5. What game does Le Chiffre like to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
2. Describe Bond's new partner.
3. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
4. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
6. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
7. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
8. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
9. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
10. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
Casino Royale is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Casino Royale?
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)