|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vespa's boss?
2. What nationality do the three individuals claim to be?
3. Who does Felix Leiter work for?
4. What is the name given to the Soviet spy agency?
5. What was the money he used to open a brothel meant to be used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond plan to defeat Le Chiffre?
2. What problems does Bond face in Chapter 12?
3. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
4. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
5. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
6. Describe Le Chiffre.
7. Describe the layout of the casino table.
8. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
9. How does Bond feel about going broke?
10. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)