|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Bond sleep with?
2. What kind of gun does Bond decide to take with him in this chapter?
3. How is Le Chiffre trying to make up his losses?
4. Who did the Bulgarian say the operation was meant to kill?
5. What does Bond think Le Chiffre wants to rob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
2. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
3. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
4. How does Mathis greet Bond?
5. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
6. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
7. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
8. Describe Le Chiffre.
9. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
10. How does Bond feel about going broke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Compare France now to France in the Fifties. How has the nation changed? Did the end of the Cold War have a major effect on France? Describe ways in which the Cold War may have influenced the way France is today.
Essay Topic 3
In 2006 Casino Royale was made into a film starring Daniel Craig. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 50 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)