|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the telegram from?
2. What is the name of the French Casino?
3. Which other player does Bond observe at the table?
4. What type of drink does Bond suggest they order?
5. What did the City of Royale start as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
2. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
3. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
4. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
5. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
6. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
7. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
8. Describe the layout of the casino table.
9. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
10. How is Le Chiffre attempting to make up his losses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)