|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathis try to sell Bond?
2. What does Bond feel at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What is the real nationality of the three man?
4. Who does Bond receive a dossier from in this chapter?
5. What game does Bond play at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
2. How does Mathis greet Bond?
3. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
5. How is Le Chiffre attempting to make up his losses?
6. Describe Bond's new partner.
7. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
8. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
9. How does Bond plan to defeat Le Chiffre?
10. How does Bond feel about going broke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1950s France.
1) Why were spies and double agents such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think France was going through a transitional phase in the Fifties? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)