|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vesper and Bond go after dinner?
2. What did Vesper's supervisor advise her not to do?
3. What is the name of Bond's new partner?
4. What does Bond have before he takes a nap?
5. What does Bond see in Le Chiffre's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
2. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
3. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
4. Describe Bond's new partner.
5. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
6. What is the background of the city of Royale?
7. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
8. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
9. Describe Le Chiffre.
10. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1950s France.
1) Why were spies and double agents such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think France was going through a transitional phase in the Fifties? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)