|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the radio block?
2. What country is the telegram from?
3. What kind of business does Le Chiffre own in Cordon Jaune?
4. What does Bond put in both his coat pockets?
5. What is Bond's goal for the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
2. Describe Bond's new partner.
3. Describe Le Chiffre.
4. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
5. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
6. How is Le Chiffre attempting to make up his losses?
7. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
8. How does Mathis greet Bond?
9. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
10. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay revolving around the following idea: Fleming uses Bond 's character to express his true ideas about society.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)