|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people is also sitting around the casino table?
2. Which other player does Bond observe at the table?
3. What was discovered in the village river?
4. Where did the police apprehend the third Bulgarian?
5. What does the man give Bond when he enters the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
2. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
3. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
4. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
5. What problems does Bond face in Chapter 12?
6. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
7. How does Bond feel about going broke?
8. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
9. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
10. What is the background of the city of Royale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Vesper and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 3
Casino Royale is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)