|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vesper have information about at the end of the chapter?
2. Who is the telegram from?
3. Who has the money been loaned from?
4. What does Bond have before he takes a nap?
5. What does Bond feel pressed into his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
2. How does Bond plan to defeat Le Chiffre?
3. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
4. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
5. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
6. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
7. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
8. How does Mathis greet Bond?
9. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
10. Describe the layout of the casino table.
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Casino Royale add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 1,497 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)