|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bond want to retire?
(a) He does not want to die
(b) He wants to enjoy himself
(c) He can't kill people
(d) He wants to settle down
2. What does Le Chiffre want to know?
(a) Where Bond's passport is
(b) Where the money is
(c) Who he works for
(d) His real name
3. Who does Bond not want to see in this chapter?
4. What does Bond decide he is going to ask Vesper?
(a) To marry him
(b) To lend him some money
(c) To borrow her gun
(d) To make love again
5. What does Bond think is wrong in this chapter?
(a) The food
(b) Vesper's mood
(c) The note
(d) The hotel atmosphere
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
2. What do Vesper and Bond do upstairs?
3. What does Vesper describe in this chapter?
4. What does Vesper tell Bond to reassure him?
5. Why is Bond not excited by Vesper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
2. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
3. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
4. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
5. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
6. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
7. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
8. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
9. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
10. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)