|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the SMERSH agent shoot Le Chiffre?
(a) In the arm
(b) In the foot
(c) In the forehead
(d) In the chest
2. What does Bond think is wrong in this chapter?
(a) The note
(b) The food
(c) Vesper's mood
(d) The hotel atmosphere
3. Who does Bond think is the true enemy?
(a) The Soviets
(c) The ones controlling the spies
(d) The ones making up the rules
4. What has Le Chiffre dropped onto the road?
(b) A smoke bomb
(d) A dead body
5. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
(c) Dead man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond decide he is going to ask Vesper?
2. Where does Le Chiffre hit Bond with the carpet beater?
3. Why is Bond not excited by Vesper?
4. What does one of Le Chiffre's men do to Bond's chair?
5. Who traced the car to Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
2. What does Vesper's note say?
3. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
4. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
5. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
6. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
7. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
8. Who saves Bond in Chapter 18?
9. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
10. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)