|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mathis think Bond should not become the answer to #137?
(a) He is too good a machine
(b) He is too sensitive as it is
(c) He will be killed
(d) He will be like everyone else
2. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
(a) Two British nurses
(b) A British doctor
(c) His mother
(d) Miss Moneypenny
3. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
(b) Cold and distant
4. What does Le Chiffre want to know?
(a) His real name
(b) Where Bond's passport is
(c) Who he works for
(d) Where the money is
5. What does Bond take out of his car dashboard?
(a) An inhaler
(b) A map
(c) A gun
(d) A packet of cigarettes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
2. What does Vesper describe in this chapter?
3. What does Vesper tell Bond to reassure him?
4. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
5. What does Le Chiffre say he found in Bond's hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
2. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
3. What does the note to Vesper say in Chapter 14?
4. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
5. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
6. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
7. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
8. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
9. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
10. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)