|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
(a) He has cancer
(b) He is going to die
(c) He is in love
(d) He is impotent
2. What does Vesper say Bond does not really know?
(a) His job
3. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
(b) Felix Leiter
(c) A SMERSH agent
4. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
(a) Miss Moneypenny
(b) A British doctor
(c) His mother
(d) Two British nurses
5. What does Mathis bring Bond at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His gun
(b) His codebook
(d) His check
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond do before dinner?
2. What will Bond do if Vesper is ransomed for 40 million francs?
3. What does Vesper say the gunman put over her head in the car?
4. What do Bond and Vesper drink at dinner?
5. Who does Bond not want to see in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
2. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
3. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
4. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
5. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
6. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
7. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
8. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
9. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
10. Describe Bond and Vesper's dinner date.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)