|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vesper think she does not deserve?
(b) Nice treatment
(c) Her job
(d) To live
2. What does one of Le Chiffre's men do to Bond's chair?
(a) Cuts out the seat
(b) Cuts off one of the legs
(c) Take off its back
(d) Puts pins on the seat
3. Why is Vesper working for the Russians?
(a) She was a communist
(b) She was a Russian national
(c) She wanted Bond dead
(d) She was being blackmailed
4. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
(a) Le Chiffre
(b) The gunmen
5. Why is Bond angry with M?
(a) For not sending him enough money
(b) For not phoning him
(c) For sending him a woman
(d) For not doing the job himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathis bring Bond at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
3. Who had the Soviets kidnapped?
4. What does Vesper say to Bond when he kisses her?
5. Where does Le Chiffre hit Bond with the carpet beater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
2. What advice does Mathis give Bond in Chapter 20?
3. What are Bond's true feelings about Vesper as outlined in Chapter 22?
4. What does Vesper's note say?
5. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
6. What do you think Vesper's speech about islands reveals about her character?
7. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
8. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
9. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
10. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)