|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
(a) He is released
(b) He goes into a coma
(c) He is operated on
(d) He is moved into the ward
2. Why does Bond want to retire?
(a) He wants to enjoy himself
(b) He does not want to die
(c) He can't kill people
(d) He wants to settle down
3. Where does Le Chiffre put Bond's unconscious body?
(a) The back of his car
(b) In the sea
(c) In a grave
(d) Over the cliff edge
4. Why does Bond want to sleep with Vesper?
(a) He wants to win his bet with Mathis
(b) He wants to see if he is impotent
(c) He wants to try her out
(d) He wants to have a good body
5. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bond not excited by Vesper?
2. What does Bond do before dinner?
3. What does Bond do the following morning?
4. Who found Bond's wrecked car?
5. What does bond fear the men will do to Vesper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
2. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
3. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
4. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
5. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
6. What does Vesper's note say?
7. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
8. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
9. Why is Bond worried about seeing Vesper?
10. What happens to Vesper in Chapter 14?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)