|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
(a) Cold and distant
2. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
(a) He is impotent
(b) He has cancer
(c) He is going to die
(d) He is in love
3. What does Vesper tell Bond to reassure him?
(a) Her waters are calm
(b) Her island has a bridge to his
(c) Bond is a great swimmer
(d) Her island is close to his island
4. Why does Bond want to sleep with Vesper?
(a) He wants to have a good body
(b) He wants to try her out
(c) He wants to win his bet with Mathis
(d) He wants to see if he is impotent
5. Where does Le Chiffre hit Bond with the carpet beater?
(a) His backside
(b) The genitals
(c) His stomach
(d) His feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond take out of his car dashboard?
2. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
3. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
4. Which of the following does Le Chiffre carry into the room with him?
5. What does Vesper say she is going to pick up in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Bond and Vesper to move upstairs?
2. How does Vesper react to Bond seeing her in the telephone booth in Chapter 25?
3. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
4. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
5. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
6. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
7. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 23?
8. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
9. What does Bond say about heroes and villains in Chapter 20?
10. Why does Bond fear for Vesper in Chapter 16?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)