|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathis bring Bond at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His codebook
(b) His check
(c) His gun
2. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
(a) He goes into a coma
(b) He is moved into the ward
(c) He is operated on
(d) He is released
3. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
(a) The airport
(b) Le Chiffre's house
(c) Mathis' house
(d) A surprise destination
4. What does Bond do before dinner?
(a) Phones his wife
(b) Phones M
(d) Puts a listening device in Vesper's handbag
5. What seafood do Bond and Vesper eat for dinner?
(d) King prawns
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Le Chiffre do when Bond does not respond to his questions?
2. What does Bond order in the night club?
3. What is Bond worried about writing in this chapter?
4. What does Vesper say the gunman put over her head in the car?
5. Who does Bond decide to be easy on in his report?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
3. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. Describe Bond and Vesper's dinner date.
5. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
6. What does the M carved in Bond's hand signify?
7. What is Bond's opinion on Vesper and her kidnapping?
8. How does Le Chiffre cause Bond to crash in Chapter 16?
9. What does the note to Vesper say in Chapter 14?
10. How has Bond and Vesper's relationship changed in Chapter 14?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)