|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the usher hand Bond?
(a) A telephone
(b) A gun
(c) A telegram
(d) A large envelope
2. What is the name of Vespa's boss?
3. What problem does Bond face at the end of the chapter?
(a) He is feeling queasy
(b) He has a gun pointed at him
(c) He is broke
(d) Vespa is kidnapped
4. What is the gambling table shaped like?
(a) A banana
(b) A monkey nut
(c) A kidney
(d) A heart
5. What game is Bond playing in the opening chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Bond kill the second man?
2. What is Bond's goal for the evening?
3. Who did Bond kill in New York?
4. What country is the telegram from?
5. What did French intelligence discover in Bond's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Le Chiffre.
2. What is the background of the city of Royale?
3. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
4. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
5. Describe the layout of the casino table.
6. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
7. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
8. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
9. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
10. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)