|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Bond face at the end of the chapter?
(a) He is feeling queasy
(b) Vespa is kidnapped
(c) He has a gun pointed at him
(d) He is broke
2. Why does Le Chiffe have to leave the table?
(a) He is broke
(b) He is feeling faint
(c) He needs the toilet
(d) Bond is pressing a gun into his ribs
3. Which character is gone when Bond looks around the room?
(a) Le Chiffre
(b) Lady Danvers
4. Who will Bond meet at the Hermitage?
(a) Felix Leiter
(b) A SMERSH agent
(c) Gordon Brown
(d) His female partner
5. What does Bond put in both his coat pockets?
(a) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathis try to sell Bond?
2. What did French intelligence discover in Bond's room?
3. Who does Felix Leiter work for?
4. Who does Bond meet in the breakfast room?
5. What does Bond see in Le Chiffre's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
2. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
3. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
4. Describe the layout of the casino table.
5. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
6. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
7. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
8. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
9. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
10. How does Mathis greet Bond?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)