|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bond sitting across from the casino table?
(a) Monsieur Sixte
(b) Lady Danvers
(c) Carmel Delane
(d) Le Chiffre
2. Who has the money been loaned from?
(a) The Soviets
(c) The Brazilians
(d) The Americans
3. What type of drink does Bond suggest they order?
(a) Jameson whiskey
(b) Gin and tonics
(c) Cold vodka
(d) Dry martinis
4. What kind of drink does Bond order in this chapter?
(a) A beer
(b) A dry martini
(c) A vodka and coke
(d) A gin and tonic
5. What is the gambling table shaped like?
(a) A heart
(b) A kidney
(c) A banana
(d) A monkey nut
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main antagonist of the novel?
2. What does Bond feel at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why does Le Chiffe have to leave the table?
4. Where does the Belgian have metal interests?
5. What country does Mathis work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond plan to defeat Le Chiffre?
2. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
3. Describe Bond's new partner.
4. Describe Le Chiffre.
5. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
6. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
7. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
8. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
9. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
10. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)