|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main antagonist of the novel?
(a) Le Chiffre
(b) Herr Jumbo
(d) Mr. Jock
2. What does Bond think women confuse work with?
(a) Mind games
(c) Sex and emotions
3. Where do Vesper and Bond go after dinner?
(a) The hotel garden
(b) The private room
(c) Vesper's hotel room
(d) Bond's hotel room
4. Why does Le Chiffe have to leave the table?
(a) Bond is pressing a gun into his ribs
(b) He needs the toilet
(c) He is feeling faint
(d) He is broke
5. What is the name given to the Soviet spy agency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the gunman who tried to kill Bond?
2. Who does Felix Leiter work for?
3. What does the man give Bond when he enters the hotel?
4. Which of the following people is also sitting around the casino table?
5. What is the gambling table shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events leading up to the blast in Chapter 6.
2. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
3. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
4. What did Vesper's supervisor tell Vesper about Bond?
5. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
6. How is Le Chiffre attempting to make up his losses?
7. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Bond enjoy gambling?
9. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
10. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)