|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vesper's supervisor tell her about Bond?
(a) He would be cold
(b) He would want to sleep with her
(c) He is not the marrying type
(d) He would be no fun
2. What does Le Chiffre's gunman ask Bond to do?
(a) Leave the table
(b) Put down more money
(c) Go to the bathroom
(d) Recall his challenge
3. What is Bond's hobby?
4. Who does Le Chiffre work for?
(a) The British Secret Service
(b) The Soviet Secret Service
(c) Casino Royale
(d) The French Secret Service
5. Who does Felix Leiter work for?
(a) The FBI
(b) The CIA
(c) Radio Shack
(d) The American treasury
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond hide behind during the explosion?
2. What part of France does Le Chiffre's trade union control?
3. What does Mathis try to sell Bond?
4. What does Bond do when he sees the two dead men?
5. What does Bond pretend to be after he has defeated the gunman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Le Chiffre torture Bond in Chapter 17?
2. In what way does Bond's relationship with Vesper improve?
3. What is Mathis' cover story in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Vesper become upset in Chapter 22?
5. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
6. What does the doctor tell Bond in Chapter 19?
7. Describe what happens when Bond and Vesper first enter the casino in Chapter 10.
8. Why is Vesper terrified in Chapter 25?
9. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
10. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)