|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Bond sleep with?
(a) Mauser C96
(b) Smith and Wesson
(c) Colt Police Positive
(d) Beretta 934
2. What color is the case the man fiddles with?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Bond is staying?
(a) Hotel Magnifique
(b) Hotel Splendide
(c) Hotel Duvet
(d) Hotel Louvre
4. Which other player does Bond observe at the table?
(a) The Marquis
(c) Felix Leiter
(d) Le Chiffre
5. What does Le Chiffre's gunman ask Bond to do?
(a) Leave the table
(b) Recall his challenge
(c) Put down more money
(d) Go to the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Le Chiffre own in Cordon Jaune?
2. What is the first thing Bond notices about Lynd?
3. What is the name given to the Soviet spy agency?
4. Which of the following is not a name Le Chiffre is known by?
5. What will the gunman do if Bond does not recall his challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
2. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
3. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
5. How does Bond's attitude towards Vesper change in Chapter 9?
6. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
7. What do Leiter and Bond discuss at the bar?
8. How does Bond lose all of his money in Chapter 11?
9. Why are the three individuals in Chapter 3 suspicious?
10. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)