|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond feel at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Which character is gone when Bond looks around the room?
(b) Le Chiffre
(d) Lady Danvers
3. What did the City of Royale start as?
(a) A forest
(b) An uninhibited island
(c) A nature reserve
(d) A fishing village
4. What is Bond's hobby?
5. Who is the main antagonist of the novel?
(a) Le Chiffre
(b) Herr Jumbo
(c) Mr. Jock
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the money he used to open a brothel meant to be used for?
2. What does Bond put in both his coat pockets?
3. What was discovered in the village river?
4. What does Bond do when he sees the two dead men?
5. What kind of gun does Bond decide to take with him in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bond's situation when Le Chiffre comes in to talk to him in Chapter 17.
2. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
3. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Le Chiffre close to a financial crisis?
5. Why could Le Chiffre's financial crisis lead to his death?
6. What decision does Bond make at the end of Chapter 24?
7. What does the SMERSH agent do with Bond?
8. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
9. What tragedy happens at the beginning of Chapter 27?
10. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)