|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Le Chiffre's gunman ask Bond to do?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Put down more money
(c) Recall his challenge
(d) Leave the table
2. What did Vesper's supervisor advise her not to do?
(a) Fall for Bond
(b) Flirt with Bond
(c) Argue with Bond
(d) Joke with Bond
3. Who does Bond receive a dossier from in this chapter?
4. What has happened to the gunman who tried to kill Bond?
(a) He was arrested
(b) He killed himself
(c) Felix shot him
(d) He escaped
5. What game will Bond play with Le Chiffre?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Bond is staying?
2. In which city did Bond kill the second man?
3. What does Bond pretend to be after he has defeated the gunman?
4. What country is Lady Danvers from?
5. Where do Vesper and Bond go after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Bond's career in Chapter 12?
2. Describe the story Vesper tells Bond in Chapter 9.
3. What is the background of the city of Royale?
4. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
5. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
6. Describe the first confrontation between Le Chiffre and Bond.
7. What does the telegraph say that Bond will receive in this opening chapter?
8. What does Bond do when he arrives back in his hotel room in Chapter 1?
9. What problems does Bond face in Chapter 12?
10. What does Bond worry about at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)