|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was discovered in the village river?
(c) Evidence of an ancient civilization
(d) Rare fish
2. What does Le Chiffre's gunman ask Bond to do?
(a) Put down more money
(b) Go to the bathroom
(c) Recall his challenge
(d) Leave the table
3. What did the City of Royale start as?
(a) An uninhibited island
(b) A forest
(c) A nature reserve
(d) A fishing village
4. What is the gambling table shaped like?
(a) A heart
(b) A monkey nut
(c) A kidney
(d) A banana
5. What game does Le Chiffre like to play?
(c) Black Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. In what French town does Le Chiffre have business interests?
2. What is the real nationality of the three man?
3. What country is Lady Danvers from?
4. What did French intelligence discover in Bond's room?
5. What type of drink does Bond suggest they order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond think about Le Chiffre in this opening chapter?
2. How does Mathis deal with the blast?
3. How does Bond cope with the gunman in Chapter 12?
4. Descbribe Bond's time at the gambling table in Chapter 7.
5. What cliffhangar does Fleming leave the reader with at the end of Chapter 8?
6. Describe the layout of the casino table.
7. What does the reader know about Bond's case in the opening chapter?
8. How does Bond feel about going broke?
9. What does Mathis tell Bond in Chapter 3?
10. Describe Bond's new partner.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)