|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond worried about writing in this chapter?
(a) His diary
(b) His report
(c) His codebook
(d) An essay
2. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
(a) He is in love
(b) He has cancer
(c) He is going to die
(d) He is impotent
3. What does Le Chiffre do when Bond does not respond to his questions?
(a) Hits him
(b) Spits at him
(c) Pulls his hair
(d) Releases the dogs
4. What does Vesper tell Bond to reassure him?
(a) Bond is a great swimmer
(b) Her island has a bridge to his
(c) Her island is close to his island
(d) Her waters are calm
5. Who found Bond's wrecked car?
(a) A farmer
(c) The hotel manager
(d) A child
6. What does Vesper think she does not deserve?
(b) Her job
(c) Nice treatment
(d) To live
7. What seafood do Bond and Vesper eat for dinner?
(a) King prawns
8. Why is Bond angry at Vesper?
(a) Because of her stupidity
(b) Because of her lack of business sense
(c) Because of her frigidity
(d) Because of her lack of emotions
9. What does Bond think is wrong in this chapter?
(a) The hotel atmosphere
(b) The note
(c) Vesper's mood
(d) The food
10. Why is Bond not excited by Vesper?
(a) She is too distant
(b) She is ugly
(c) She is too nice
(d) She has no humor
11. Why is Vesper working for the Russians?
(a) She was a Russian national
(b) She wanted Bond dead
(c) She was a communist
(d) She was being blackmailed
12. What does Bond decide he is going to ask Vesper?
(a) To marry him
(b) To borrow her gun
(c) To lend him some money
(d) To make love again
13. What does Bond do the following morning?
(a) Leaves for London
(b) Goes for a swim
(c) Phones his wife
(d) Goes for a drive
14. Where does the gunman hit Bond?
(a) In the stomach
(b) In the groin
(c) In the head
(d) In the chest
15. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
(a) Le Chiffre
(d) The gunmen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vesper say she has been doing everyday?
2. What does Bond notice among Vesper's things?
3. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
4. What concept does Bond say is futile in this chapter?
5. What does Vesper do when she thinks she is being followed?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)