|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Le Chiffre put Bond's unconscious body?
(a) In the sea
(b) The back of his car
(c) Over the cliff edge
(d) In a grave
2. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
(a) He goes into a coma
(b) He is released
(c) He is operated on
(d) He is moved into the ward
3. Who has provided Bond with a doctor?
4. What does Vesper kill herself with?
(a) Sleeping pills
(b) A sword
(c) A gun
5. What is Bond worried about writing in this chapter?
(a) His codebook
(b) His diary
(c) An essay
(d) His report
6. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
(a) Dead man
7. Why does Mathis think Bond should not become the answer to #137?
(a) He is too good a machine
(b) He will be like everyone else
(c) He is too sensitive as it is
(d) He will be killed
8. What does Vesper think she does not deserve?
(b) To live
(c) Nice treatment
(d) Her job
9. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
(a) He is in love
(b) He is going to die
(c) He is impotent
(d) He has cancer
10. How is Vesper acting in this chapter?
(a) Cold and distant
11. Who does Bond not want to see in this chapter?
12. What do Bond and Vesper drink at dinner?
(a) Cold vodka
(d) Dry martinis
13. Who does Bond think is the true enemy?
(b) The ones controlling the spies
(c) The Soviets
(d) The ones making up the rules
14. What does Bond order in the night club?
(a) Cold vodka
(c) A dry martini
15. Where does Bond see Vesper coming from?
(a) The pantry
(b) The telephone booth
(c) The cloak room
(d) Their neighbors room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the SMERSH agent ask Le Chiffre?
2. What does Le Chiffre say he found in Bond's hotel room?
3. Who is the note to Vesper sent from?
4. Who had the Soviets kidnapped?
5. Which of the following does Le Chiffre carry into the room with him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)