|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bond wake up?
(b) An elevator
(c) His hotel room
(d) In the back of a car
2. Who has M sent to look after Bond?
(a) Miss Moneypenny
(b) Two British nurses
(c) His mother
(d) A British doctor
3. What is Bond's biggest fear in this chapter?
(a) He is in love
(b) He has cancer
(c) He is impotent
(d) He is going to die
4. What does Le Chiffre do when Bond does not respond to his questions?
(a) Spits at him
(b) Pulls his hair
(c) Releases the dogs
(d) Hits him
5. What does Vesper say she has been doing everyday?
(c) Making love
(d) Thinking about Bond
6. Why does Vesper say people are islands?
(a) Everyone is unque
(b) They don't really touch
(c) Everyone has water on the brain
(d) Everyone wants to be left alone
7. What does Bond do before dinner?
(a) Puts a listening device in Vesper's handbag
(b) Phones M
(c) Phones his wife
8. What does Vesper say to Bond when he kisses her?
(a) This is not why I brought you here
(b) Not now
(c) Is that all you can do
(d) Leave me here
9. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
10. What does Mathis tell Bond he should not become?
(a) Too human
(b) A machine
(c) A civilian
(d) Loved up
11. What does Bond think is wrong in this chapter?
(a) Vesper's mood
(b) The food
(c) The note
(d) The hotel atmosphere
12. Where do Bond and Vesper drive to in this chapter?
(a) Le Chiffre's house
(b) A surprise destination
(c) The airport
(d) Mathis' house
13. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
(b) Dead man
14. What excites Bond about Vesper?
(a) Her brains
(b) Her gun
(c) Her body
(d) Her tendency towards violence
15. Who does Bond think is the true enemy?
(b) The ones controlling the spies
(c) The Soviets
(d) The ones making up the rules
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond notice among Vesper's things?
2. What does Bond take out of his car dashboard?
3. Where does the SMERSH agent shoot Le Chiffre?
4. Where does Bond go for a swim in this chapter?
5. What does Vesper kill herself with?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)