|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Le Chiffre's men do to Bond's chair?
(a) Puts pins on the seat
(b) Cuts out the seat
(c) Take off its back
(d) Cuts off one of the legs
2. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
(a) Dead man
3. Who does Bond decide to be easy on in his report?
(b) The SMERSH agent
(c) Le Chiffre
4. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
(b) Felix Leiter
(c) A SMERSH agent
5. What does Vesper say people are in this chapter?
(a) Naturally geared towards communism
(c) Time bombs
6. What does Vesper say she needed Mathis' help with?
(a) A surprise for Bond
(b) A housekeeping task
(c) Buying a car
(d) Getting rid of Bond
7. Why is Bond angry at Vesper?
(a) Because of her lack of emotions
(b) Because of her lack of business sense
(c) Because of her frigidity
(d) Because of her stupidity
8. What does Vesper say she has been doing everyday?
(a) Thinking about Bond
(d) Making love
9. What does the SMERSH agent ask Le Chiffre?
(a) If he is guilty
(b) If he is enjoying himself
(c) If he has change for 100 francs
(d) If he has any Babel
10. Who is Bond surprised came in to check on him?
(a) Miss Moneypenny
11. Why does Vesper say people are islands?
(a) Everyone has water on the brain
(b) Everyone is unque
(c) Everyone wants to be left alone
(d) They don't really touch
12. Why does Bond want to retire?
(a) He does not want to die
(b) He wants to settle down
(c) He can't kill people
(d) He wants to enjoy himself
13. What does Vesper do when she thinks she is being followed?
(b) Slams on the brakes
(c) Turns around
(d) Pulls off the road
14. What does Bond think is wrong in this chapter?
(a) The hotel atmosphere
(b) The note
(c) Vesper's mood
(d) The food
15. What will Bond do if Vesper is ransomed for 40 million francs?
(a) Let her die
(b) Kidnap LeChiffre's daughter
(c) Shoot her himself
(d) Hand over fake money
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept does Bond say is futile in this chapter?
2. Where does Bond think women should stay?
3. What does Le Chiffre do when Bond does not respond to his questions?
4. What flies out of the car window?
5. What has Le Chiffre dropped onto the road?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)