|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the SMERSH come to do?
(a) Borrow a book
(b) Kill Le Chiffre
(c) Kill Bond
(d) Watch the torture
2. What does Le Chiffre do when Bond does not respond to his questions?
(a) Spits at him
(b) Pulls his hair
(c) Releases the dogs
(d) Hits him
3. What does Mathis bring Bond at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His codebook
(b) His check
(c) His gun
4. What does Bond do the following morning?
(a) Goes for a drive
(b) Leaves for London
(c) Phones his wife
(d) Goes for a swim
5. What does Bond take out of his car dashboard?
(a) A map
(b) A packet of cigarettes
(c) A gun
(d) An inhaler
6. What does Vesper say people are in this chapter?
(b) Time bombs
(d) Naturally geared towards communism
7. Where does Bond go for a swim in this chapter?
(a) The lake
(b) The hotel swimming pool
(c) The beach
(d) The river
8. Why does Bond want to sleep with Vesper?
(a) He wants to win his bet with Mathis
(b) He wants to have a good body
(c) He wants to try her out
(d) He wants to see if he is impotent
9. Who does Bond think is the true enemy?
(a) The Soviets
(b) The ones controlling the spies
(d) The ones making up the rules
10. Who found Bond's wrecked car?
(a) The hotel manager
(c) A farmer
(d) A child
11. What does Vesper tell Bond to reassure him?
(a) Her island is close to his island
(b) Bond is a great swimmer
(c) Her waters are calm
(d) Her island has a bridge to his
12. What does Vesper say Bond does not really know?
(b) His job
13. Why is Bond angry at Vesper?
(a) Because of her lack of emotions
(b) Because of her lack of business sense
(c) Because of her frigidity
(d) Because of her stupidity
14. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
(a) The gunmen
(c) Le Chiffre
15. Where does the gunman hit Bond?
(a) In the head
(b) In the stomach
(c) In the chest
(d) In the groin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who traced the car to Bond?
2. What does the SMERSH agent ask Le Chiffre?
3. What does Bond order in the night club?
4. What does the SMERSH agent use to mark Bond?
5. What does Vesper say the gunman put over her head in the car?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)