|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond do before dinner?
(a) Phones M
(c) Phones his wife
(d) Puts a listening device in Vesper's handbag
2. What does the SMERSH agent carve into Bond's hand?
(a) A smiling face
(b) A figure of eight
(c) An inverted M
(d) A naked woman
3. Why does Bond want to sleep with Vesper?
(a) He wants to have a good body
(b) He wants to try her out
(c) He wants to win his bet with Mathis
(d) He wants to see if he is impotent
4. What does the M carved into Bond's hand mean?
(d) Dead man
5. Where does the gunman hit Bond?
(a) In the stomach
(b) In the groin
(c) In the chest
(d) In the head
6. What do Bond and Vesper drink at dinner?
(b) Cold vodka
(c) Dry martinis
7. What happens to Bond after three weeks in the hospital?
(a) He is released
(b) He is moved into the ward
(c) He is operated on
(d) He goes into a coma
8. Who did Vesper work for?
(a) The Bulgarians
(b) The Cubans
(c) The Americans
(d) The Soviets
9. What does Bond order in the night club?
(b) A dry martini
(d) Cold vodka
10. What does Le Chiffre want to know?
(a) Where the money is
(b) Who he works for
(c) Where Bond's passport is
(d) His real name
11. Why does Bond want to retire?
(a) He wants to settle down
(b) He does not want to die
(c) He can't kill people
(d) He wants to enjoy himself
12. What does Vesper kill herself with?
(a) A sword
(b) A gun
(c) Sleeping pills
13. Who does Bond try to talk to in the back of the car?
(b) The gunmen
(d) Le Chiffre
14. What concept does Bond say is futile in this chapter?
(a) Love and hate
(c) Bad and good
(d) Love and death
15. What does Vesper say she needed Mathis' help with?
(a) A surprise for Bond
(b) A housekeeping task
(c) Buying a car
(d) Getting rid of Bond
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bond surprised came in to check on him?
2. What does Bond notice among Vesper's things?
3. Who had the Soviets kidnapped?
4. Who does Bond want to extract revenge on?
5. Who is the new person Bond hears in the room?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)