|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Le Chiffre own in Cordon Jaune?
2. Which of the following is not a name Le Chiffre is known by?
(a) The Jock
(b) Heir Mummer
(c) Herr Ziffer
(d) The Number
3. What does Vesper have information about at the end of the chapter?
(a) The bomb
(b) Le Chiffre
4. Who did the Bulgarian receive the bombs from?
(a) Felix Leiter
(b) Le Chiffre
(c) A Soviet spy
5. Why does Le Chiffe have to leave the table?
(a) Bond is pressing a gun into his ribs
(b) He is feeling faint
(c) He is broke
(d) He needs the toilet
6. What does Bond pretend to be after he has defeated the gunman?
(c) Cool and collected
7. Who is the main antagonist of the novel?
(b) Mr. Jock
(c) Herr Jumbo
(d) Le Chiffre
8. Where do Vesper and Bond go after dinner?
(a) The hotel garden
(b) The private room
(c) Vesper's hotel room
(d) Bond's hotel room
9. What are the two men who approach Bond carrying?
(b) Suit cases
(c) Camera cases
(d) Hand bags
10. Where did the police apprehend the third Bulgarian?
(a) A road block
(c) A brothel
(d) A restaurant
11. What is the gambling table shaped like?
(a) A banana
(b) A heart
(c) A kidney
(d) A monkey nut
12. What was the blue camera case supposed to be?
(a) A smoke screen
(b) Recording equipment
(c) Laughing gas
(d) A bomb
13. What country does Mathis work for?
14. What did the City of Royale start as?
(a) A fishing village
(b) An uninhibited island
(c) A nature reserve
(d) A forest
15. What does Bond do to the gunman?
(a) Knocks him to the floor
(b) Shoots him
(c) Smacks his head on the casino table
(d) Breaks his arm
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Bond and Mathis meeting for lunch?
2. Which of the following people is also sitting around the casino table?
3. What does Bond see in Le Chiffre's eyes?
4. What has happened to the gunman who tried to kill Bond?
5. What is the name of Bond's new partner?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)