|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
2. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
3. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
4. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
5. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Readers may find Johnny's use of humor a bit surprising due to Johnny's imposing physical demeanor. Describe Johnny's sense of humor and then cite at least two examples of humor used in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The search for love is an important element in Johnny's life. How was Johnny treated as a child? How did he feel about his strained relationship with his father? Why did he get involved with drugs and alcohol? Was there a pattern in Johnny's destructive life choices? Explain.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)