|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the recording produced by the person in #129?
2. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
3. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
4. What did Johnny experience during his "drying out" process?
5. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Cash's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Cash used them where he did. Why did Cash divide the book into sections with the identity of his his homes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the mid 1950s and why the time was right for Johnny's music to emerge. What were the trends in America at the time? How did Johnny differentiate himself from other young musicians coming out onto the music scene at that time?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Johnny Cash. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)