Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
2. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
3. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
4. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
5. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
2. Who were the Highwaymen and how was the group formed?
3. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
4. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
5. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
6. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
7. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
8. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
9. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
10. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Johnny's estranged relationship with his father have on Johnny's life? What emotional wounds did Johnny suffer? How did the rejection by his father impact Johnny's relationships with other people? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of struggling with personal identity was an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Religion takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the religious beliefs? How pervasive were the religious beliefs? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)