|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
2. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
3. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
4. What disease did the person in #39 have?
5. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
2. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
3. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
4. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
5. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
6. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
7. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
8. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
9. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
10. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
The search for love is an important element in Johnny's life. How was Johnny treated as a child? How did he feel about his strained relationship with his father? Why did he get involved with drugs and alcohol? Was there a pattern in Johnny's destructive life choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the mid 1950s and why the time was right for Johnny's music to emerge. What were the trends in America at the time? How did Johnny differentiate himself from other young musicians coming out onto the music scene at that time?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)