|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the camper Johnny used to get away sometimes?
2. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Carter Family Fold.
(c) Port Richey Music Center.
(d) Carter House of Music.
3. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(b) He didn't have the courage.
(c) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(d) He thought about his children.
4. Where did Johnny go once to commit suicide?
(a) A cave.
(b) A back alley.
(c) A desert shack.
(d) A hotel room.
5. To whom did Johnny compare his life in the book in #122?
(a) The Apostle Paul.
(b) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
2. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
3. What did Johnny especially enjoy at Bon Aqua?
4. Who was Jack Clement?
5. What is Bon Aqua?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
2. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
3. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
4. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
5. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
6. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
7. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
8. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
9. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
10. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)