|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
(a) The 13th disciple.
(b) Walk on water wonderful.
(c) A Jesus freak.
(d) A prayer warrior.
2. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
(a) She worked in promotions.
(b) She was a travel agent.
(c) She managed a souvenir shop.
(d) She was a bookkeeper.
3. What was unique about the recording in #130?
(a) It was only Johnny's voice and guitar.
(b) It was recorded in a prison.
(c) It was produced with a gospel choir as back-up.
(d) It was recorded in a train station.
4. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) vadalizing hotel rooms.
(b) seducing girls.
(c) going on drinking binges.
(d) getting stoned.
5. What happened to the cremated remains of the person in #73?
(a) A gust of wind blew them onto the mourners.
(b) They were spread over the Grand Old Opry.
(c) They were spread over a golf course.
(d) They were spread out at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
2. Where did Johnny want to do a live concert album?
3. Who uses the video "Gospel Land" in his/her ministry?
4. In what year was the song in #112 released?
5. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
2. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
3. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
4. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
5. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
6. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
7. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
8. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
9. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
10. What two Carter family buildings were located in Port Richey, Florida?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)