|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) I Walk the Line.
(b) One Piece at a Time.
(c) A Boy Named Sue.
2. What was unique about the recording in #130?
(a) It was produced with a gospel choir as back-up.
(b) It was only Johnny's voice and guitar.
(c) It was recorded in a prison.
(d) It was recorded in a train station.
3. What special treatment did celebrities receive at the Betty Ford Clinic?
(a) No special treatment.
(b) Special off site privileges.
(c) Extended visiting hours.
(d) Private dining rooms.
4. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
(b) Became a father again.
(c) Graduated college.
5. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Colonel Parker.
(b) Saul Holiff.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Pete Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
2. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
3. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
4. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
5. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where had Johnny gone to commit suicide and what made him change his mind?
2. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
3. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
4. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
5. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
6. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
7. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
8. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
9. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
10. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)