|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle did Johnny drive around Bon Aqua?
(a) Dodge truck.
(c) John Deere tractor.
(d) Range Rover.
2. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The mid 1950s.
(c) The 2000s.
(d) The late 1960s.
3. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
(a) Hit songs.
(b) A good bass player.
(c) An accountant he could trust.
(d) Someone to drive his tour bus.
4. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Saul Holiff.
(b) Pete Jackson.
(c) Colonel Parker.
(d) Sam Phillips.
5. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) They were going to get married someday.
(b) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
(c) They should do a U.S. tour.
(d) She was off key just a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
2. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
3. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
4. In what year did Johnny first meet the Carters?
5. Who uses the video "Gospel Land" in his/her ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
2. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
3. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
4. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
5. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
6. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
7. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
8. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
9. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
10. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)