|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
(a) Watching baseball.
(b) Making pies.
2. Where did Johnny want to do a live concert album?
(a) An Indian reservation.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) A psychological hospital.
(d) A prison.
3. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) They should do a U.S. tour.
(b) They were going to get married someday.
(c) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
(d) She was off key just a bit.
4. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
(a) The mid 1950s.
(b) The late 1960s.
(c) The 2000s.
(d) The early 1970s.
5. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
(a) Matthew Carter.
(b) John Carter.
(c) James Carter.
(d) Philip Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jack Clement?
2. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
3. What disease did June's mother contract?
4. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
5. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
2. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
3. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
4. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
5. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
6. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
7. How was Johnny's addiction recovery complicated by pain killers necessary after some medical procedures?
8. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
9. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
10. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)