|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
(b) Graduated college.
(d) Became a father again.
2. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(d) Other women.
3. What happened to the cremated remains of the person in #73?
(a) They were spread over the Grand Old Opry.
(b) They were spread over a golf course.
(c) They were spread out at sea.
(d) A gust of wind blew them onto the mourners.
4. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) I Walk the Line.
(c) A Boy Named Sue.
(d) One Piece at a Time.
5. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) Peter LaFarge.
(b) William Meadows.
(c) Sam McKenna.
(d) James LaGrange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
2. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
3. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
4. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
5. What is Bon Aqua?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's perspective on not being ready to retire even though he could afford to do so?
2. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
3. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
4. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
5. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
6. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
7. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
8. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
9. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
10. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)