|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Johnny compare his life in the book in #122?
(a) The Apostle Paul.
(c) John the Baptist.
2. Who uses the video "Gospel Land" in his/her ministry?
(a) Robert Schuller.
(b) Joyce Meyer.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) Billy Graham.
3. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
(b) They were going to get married someday.
(c) They should do a U.S. tour.
(d) She was off key just a bit.
4. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
(a) Prayed for him.
(b) Said goodbye to him.
(c) Told him how he hurt them as a result of his addiction.
(d) Sang to him.
5. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
(a) Trail of Tears.
(b) A Boy Named Sue.
(c) Apache Tears.
(d) Cherokee Sundown.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
2. In what year did June's mother die?
3. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
4. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
5. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
2. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
3. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
4. How was Johnny's addiction recovery complicated by pain killers necessary after some medical procedures?
5. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
6. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
7. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
8. Where had Johnny gone to commit suicide and what made him change his mind?
9. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
10. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)