|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(d) Lake City.
2. In what year was the song in #112 released?
3. What was the name of the camper Johnny used to get away sometimes?
4. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
(b) Watching baseball.
(d) Making pies.
5. What was the name of the recording produced by the person in #129?
(a) American Sonata.
(b) American Recordings.
(c) One More Time.
(d) One More for the Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Johnny go to recover from drug and alcohol abuse?
2. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
3. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
4. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
5. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
2. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
3. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
4. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
5. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
6. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
7. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
8. How was Johnny's addiction recovery complicated by pain killers necessary after some medical procedures?
9. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
10. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)