|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) James LaGrange.
(b) Peter LaFarge.
(c) William Meadows.
(d) Sam McKenna.
2. What is Bon Aqua?
(a) A French resort.
(b) Johnny's property in Tennessee.
(c) A sparkling water.
(d) An album title.
3. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
4. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
5. What did Johnny experience during his "drying out" process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the video "Gospel Road" filmed?
2. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
3. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
4. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
5. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
2. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
3. What two Carter family buildings were located in Port Richey, Florida?
4. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
5. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
6. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
7. Where had Johnny gone to commit suicide and what made him change his mind?
8. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
9. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
10. What was Johnny's perspective on not being ready to retire even though he could afford to do so?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)