|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did June's mother die?
2. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
(a) She was a bookkeeper.
(b) She worked in promotions.
(c) She managed a souvenir shop.
(d) She was a travel agent.
3. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
(a) A bad car accident.
(b) A bomb planted under the hood.
(c) A tank of propane exploded in the trunk.
(d) Firecrackers on the engine.
4. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
(a) In his cast.
(b) In a cupboard.
(c) Under his bandages.
(d) In his bedside table.
5. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Walter Cronkite.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) Mike Wallace.
(d) Chet Huntley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
2. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
3. Who uses the video "Gospel Land" in his/her ministry?
4. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
5. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
2. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
3. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
4. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
5. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
6. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
7. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
8. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
9. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
10. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)