|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
2. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Irish and Scottish folk music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Bluegras music.
3. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(b) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(c) He didn't have the courage.
(d) He thought about his children.
4. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
5. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) Walter Cronkite.
(d) Chet Huntley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
2. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
3. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
4. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
5. In what year did Johnny first meet the Carters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
2. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
3. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
4. What was Johnny's perspective on not being ready to retire even though he could afford to do so?
5. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
6. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
7. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
8. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
9. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
10. Where had Johnny gone to commit suicide and what made him change his mind?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)