|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The mid 1950s.
(c) The 2000s.
(d) The late 1960s.
2. In what year did Johnny first meet the Carters?
3. Who was Johnny's oldest daughter?
4. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
(a) George Jones.
(b) Willie Nelson.
(c) June's parents.
(d) Porter Waggoner.
5. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
(a) She managed a souvenir shop.
(b) She was a travel agent.
(c) She was a bookkeeper.
(d) She worked in promotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
2. Who was Jack Clement?
3. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
4. Where did Johnny go to recover from drug and alcohol abuse?
5. What culture did Johnny study during this period?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
2. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
3. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
4. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
5. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
6. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
7. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
8. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
9. What did Johnny say about the decades of highs and lows in his career?
10. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)