|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
(c) Became a father again.
(d) Graduated college.
2. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) vadalizing hotel rooms.
(b) going on drinking binges.
(c) seducing girls.
(d) getting stoned.
3. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
(a) A Jesus freak.
(b) A prayer warrior.
(c) Walk on water wonderful.
(d) The 13th disciple.
4. Who was the producer who revitalized Johnny's recording career in 1993?
(a) Russell Simmons.
(b) Rick Rubin.
(c) Phil Spector.
(d) Sam Phillips.
5. In what year did June's mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Johnny skeptical of Rick Rubin at first?
2. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
3. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
4. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
5. What was the name of the camper Johnny used to get away sometimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
2. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
3. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
4. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
5. What two Carter family buildings were located in Port Richey, Florida?
6. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
7. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
8. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
9. What was Johnny's decision to announce his Christianity on television and what were some of the repercussions of his decision?
10. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)