|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
2. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
(b) They were going to get married someday.
(c) She was off key just a bit.
(d) They should do a U.S. tour.
3. Where was the video "Gospel Road" filmed?
(d) The Holy Land.
4. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) The Long Road.
(b) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
(c) Man in White.
(d) Nearer My God to Thee.
5. What was "Chicken in Black"?
(a) A drink Johnny named.
(b) A video Johnny recorded.
(c) A recipe Johnny created.
(d) A book Johnny wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
2. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
3. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
4. Johnny was the only person allowed to use ______________ in the Carter family's performance center.
5. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
2. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
3. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
4. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
5. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
6. Where had Johnny gone to commit suicide and what made him change his mind?
7. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
8. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
9. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
10. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)