|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality did Johnny say was common among all the U.S. Presidents he met?
2. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
(a) To keep spreading his message.
(b) To provide jobs for his entourage.
(c) To stay current in the music business.
(d) To stay active.
3. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
4. Who did Johnny think was one of the most influential people in country music?
(a) Maybelle Carter.
(b) Dolly Parton.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Tammy Wynette.
5. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Irish and Scottish folk music.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Bluegras music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Johnny's oldest daughter?
2. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
3. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
4. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
5. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
2. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
3. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
4. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
5. How did Johnny's friends try to intervene in his drug abuse and how did the death of Hopi Indian, Peter LaFarge, impact him?
6. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
7. Explain Johnny's relationship with June's parents, Maybelle and Ezra.
8. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
9. What did Johnny say about meeting four U.S. Presidents?
10. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)