|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
2. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were average.
(b) They were limited.
(c) They were excellent.
(d) They were horrible.
3. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
(a) His backup players.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His family.
(d) His military duty.
4. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a waste of time.
(b) It was a great career.
(c) It was a gift.
(d) It was nice for church.
5. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It was best for his skin tone.
(b) It looked good on stage.
(c) It was easy to keep clean.
(d) It just felt right.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
2. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
3. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
4. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
5. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
2. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
3. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
4. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
5. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
6. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
7. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
8. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
9. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
10. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)