|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) It was a waste of time.
(c) It was a great career.
(d) It was nice for church.
2. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
(a) cotton blooms.
(b) green apples.
(c) raw pie dough.
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Roy Orbison.
5. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
2. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
3. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
4. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
5. What disease did the person in #39 have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
2. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
3. Who did Johnny have an interview with prior to an important concert and how was his behavior impacted by drugs?
4. What is Bon Aqua and what was the legend associated with it?
5. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
6. How was Johnny's addiction recovery complicated by pain killers necessary after some medical procedures?
7. What did Johnny mean when he said he was going to start with "A" and hopefully get to at least "Y"?
8. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
9. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
10. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)