|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beautiful sight did Johnny remember from living on the farm?
(a) Cotton fields.
2. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
(a) The danger.
(b) The excitement.
(c) The detours.
(d) The sameness.
3. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) play piano.
(b) laugh at himself.
(c) mentor young talent.
(d) teach guitar.
4. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Kentucky River.
5. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Roy Orbison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Johnny in prison?
2. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
3. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
4. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
5. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
2. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
3. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
4. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
5. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
6. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
7. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
8. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
9. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
10. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)