|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(d) Public speaking.
2. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a preacher.
(b) To be a newspaper editor.
(c) To be a farmer.
(d) To be a teacher.
3. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) Hello, Walls.
(b) Islands in the Stream.
(d) City of New Orleans.
4. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Roy Orbison.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Carl Perkins.
5. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(b) Quit smoking.
(c) Quit drinking.
(d) Quit doing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
2. Johnny stated that he was glad he wasn't _____________.
3. What was Johnny's mother's name?
4. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
5. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
2. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
3. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
4. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
5. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
6. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
7. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
8. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
9. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
10. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)