|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
(a) Porter Waggoner.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Johnny Horton.
(d) George Jones.
2. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit smoking.
(b) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(c) Quit drinking.
(d) Quit doing drugs.
3. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
(a) His backup players.
(b) His military duty.
(c) His family.
(d) His shyness.
4. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
5. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Carl Perkins.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Johnny Cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
2. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
3. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
4. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
5. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
2. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
3. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
4. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
5. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
6. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
7. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
8. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
9. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
10. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)