|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(b) Air Force.
2. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Kris Kirstofferson.
(b) Dolly Parton.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Sam Phillips.
3. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
(a) Luther and Winton.
(b) Hall and Jackson.
(c) Luther and Marshall.
(d) Hall and Marshall.
4. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
5. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(b) He needed to develop a broader range.
(c) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(d) He was wasting his mother's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
2. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
3. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
4. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
5. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rick Rubin and what was his collaboration with Johnny?
2. Who were the Highwaymen and how was the group formed?
3. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
4. What was Johnny's "Man in White" project?
5. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
6. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
7. What was the "Chicken in Black" and how did it fit into Johnny's failing record career?
8. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
9. What did Johnny say about his first wife, Vivian's, opinion of his musician's lifestyle?
10. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)