|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) play piano.
(b) teach guitar.
(c) mentor young talent.
(d) laugh at himself.
2. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
3. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a preacher.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To be a newspaper editor.
(d) To be a farmer.
4. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(b) Islands in the Stream.
(c) Hello, Walls.
(d) City of New Orleans.
5. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
2. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
3. What crime occurred at Johnny's Jamaican home?
4. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
5. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What story did Johnny tell about June, Maybelle and him at the Polish border?
2. What was Johnny's work related to discriminated groups such as Native Americans and prisoners?
3. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
4. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
5. What did Johnny do on stage during a concert he played with June Carter in 1961 and what was the state of their relationship after that?
6. What was Johnny's "Gospel Road" project?
7. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
8. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
9. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
10. What were the two events that included fire and explosions that could have ended Johnny's life?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)