|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Willie Nelson.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Colonel Parker.
2. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
3. What crime occurred at Johnny's Jamaican home?
4. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
5. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(c) Public speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny admit to doing on several occasions?
2. How many times was Johnny in prison?
3. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
4. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
5. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
2. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
3. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
4. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
5. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
6. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
7. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
8. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
9. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
10. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)