|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Roy Orbison.
2. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
(a) The Georgia Guys.
(b) Arkansas Altos.
(c) Memphis Mafia.
(d) Tennessee Two.
3. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She made custom dresses.
(b) She worked in a restaurant.
(c) She cleaned houses.
(d) She took in laundry.
4. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
5. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
(a) Sawing lumber.
(b) Picking berries.
(c) Building shelves.
(d) Pumping gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
2. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
3. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
4. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
5. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
2. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
3. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
4. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
5. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
6. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
7. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
8. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
9. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
10. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)