|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insects invaded the Cash farm one year?
(d) Army worms.
2. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were limited.
(b) They were horrible.
(c) They were average.
(d) They were excellent.
3. What was Johnny's mother's name?
4. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Elvis Presley.
5. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(c) Quit smoking.
(d) Quit doing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
2. Who was Johnny's second wife?
3. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
4. What was Johnny's father's name?
5. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
2. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
3. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
4. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
5. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
6. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
7. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
8. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
9. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
10. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)