|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
(c) New York.
2. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) The radio.
(b) Grand Ole Opry.
(c) His mother.
(d) Field workers.
3. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
4. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
5. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
2. Who was Johnny's second wife?
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
2. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
3. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
4. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
5. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
6. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
7. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
8. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
9. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
10. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)