|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
2. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Ohio River.
3. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
4. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit doing drugs.
(b) Quit drinking.
(c) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(d) Quit smoking.
5. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnny's mother's name?
2. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
3. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
4. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
5. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
2. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
3. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
4. What was Johnny doing as he began this chapter and what were his thoughts?
5. What was the difference in feeling that Johnny had about his father and mother?
6. What did Johnny say about Alan Jackson, Roger Miller and Bill Monroe?
7. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
8. Who were Johnny's band members at the time this book was written?
9. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
10. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)