|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Colonel Parker.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Jerry Lee Lewis.
2. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
3. What genre of book is CASH?
4. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
(a) His family.
(b) His backup players.
(c) His military duty.
(d) His shyness.
5. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
(a) Johnny Cash's home.
(b) A bus station.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) A concert hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
2. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
5. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
2. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
3. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
4. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
5. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
6. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
7. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
8. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
9. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
10. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)