|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(b) Air Force.
2. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(b) City of New Orleans.
(c) Islands in the Stream.
(d) Hello, Walls.
3. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Stayed out of sight.
(c) Sang a few songs.
(d) Tried to negotiate.
4. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit smoking.
(b) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(c) Quit drinking.
(d) Quit doing drugs.
5. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) laugh at himself.
(b) teach guitar.
(c) mentor young talent.
(d) play piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnny's mother's name?
2. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
3. What genre of book is CASH?
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
2. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
3. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
4. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
5. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
6. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
7. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
8. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
9. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
10. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)