|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
2. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(b) Cochran, Georgia.
(c) Auburn, Mississippi.
(d) Jellico, Tennessee.
3. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was nice for church.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) It was a great career.
(d) It was a waste of time.
4. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
5. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Skylark Mountain.
(b) Montego Manse.
(c) Valley View.
(d) Cinnamon Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beautiful sight did Johnny remember from living on the farm?
2. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
3. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
4. Johnny stated that he was glad he wasn't _____________.
5. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
2. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
3. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
4. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
5. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
6. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
7. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
8. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
9. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
10. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)