|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
(a) Johnny Horton.
(b) George Jones.
(c) Porter Waggoner.
(d) Faron Young.
2. What was the name of Johnny's tour bus?
(a) The Van in Black.
(c) Unit One.
(d) Cash & Carry.
3. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Colonel Parker.
(d) Willie Nelson.
4. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
5. How many children did Johnny have with his first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
2. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
3. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
2. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
3. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
4. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
5. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
6. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
7. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
8. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
9. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
10. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)