|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
2. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) play piano.
(b) laugh at himself.
(c) teach guitar.
(d) mentor young talent.
3. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
4. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
5. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It was easy to keep clean.
(b) It just felt right.
(c) It was best for his skin tone.
(d) It looked good on stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
2. What genre of book is CASH?
3. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
4. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
5. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
2. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
3. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
4. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
5. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
6. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
7. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
8. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
9. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
10. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)