|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was nice for church.
(b) It was a waste of time.
(c) It was a gift.
(d) It was a great career.
2. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(d) Air Force.
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. What insects invaded the Cash farm one year?
(d) Army worms.
5. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(b) City of New Orleans.
(c) Islands in the Stream.
(d) Hello, Walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
2. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
3. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
4. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
5. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
2. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
3. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
4. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
5. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
6. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
7. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
8. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
9. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
10. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)