|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of book is CASH?
2. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
3. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
4. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) City of New Orleans.
(c) Hello, Walls.
(d) Islands in the Stream.
5. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Jellico, Tennessee.
(b) Auburn, Mississippi.
(c) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(d) Cochran, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
2. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
3. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
4. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
5. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
2. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
3. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
4. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
5. What did Johnny say about the friendship between the young musicians he knew during the 1950s?
6. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
7. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
8. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
9. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
10. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)