|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
2. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It was best for his skin tone.
(b) It was easy to keep clean.
(c) It just felt right.
(d) It looked good on stage.
3. What was the name of Johnny's tour bus?
(b) Unit One.
(c) The Van in Black.
(d) Cash & Carry.
4. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) His mother.
(b) Field workers.
(c) The radio.
(d) Grand Ole Opry.
5. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Gulf of Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
2. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
3. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
4. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
5. Which Sun label musician preached that the musicians were leading their fans to hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
2. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
3. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
4. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
5. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
6. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
7. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
8. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
9. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
10. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)