|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
2. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) It was a waste of time.
(c) It was a great career.
(d) It was nice for church.
3. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
4. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Sang a few songs.
(c) Stayed out of sight.
(d) Tried to negotiate.
5. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
2. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
3. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
2. Who were "The Tennessee Two" and how did Johnny meet up with them?
3. What explanation did Johnny give for not performing Kris Kristofferson's song "City of New Orleans"?
4. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
5. What tragedy befell the Cash family regarding Johnny's older brother, Jack?
6. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
7. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
8. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
9. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
10. What were the lyrics in Johnny's song "Man in Black" that described why he always wore black?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)