|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) June Carter.
(b) Marie Withers.
(c) Darlene Good.
(d) Arnelle Sampson.
2. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a great career.
(b) It was nice for church.
(c) It was a waste of time.
(d) It was a gift.
3. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a farmer.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To be a newspaper editor.
(d) To be a preacher.
4. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
5. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
2. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
3. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
4. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
5. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
2. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
3. What was Johnny's tour bus called and what did he say about being on the road?
4. What was the country of Johnny Cash's ancestry and where did they eventually settle in America?
5. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
6. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
7. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
8. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
9. What was Johnny's perspective on the term "country"?
10. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)