|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) The radio.
(b) Field workers.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) His mother.
2. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
3. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
4. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Roy Orbison.
5. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(a) Little Rock.
(d) Dyess Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
2. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
5. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two Carter family buildings were located in Port Richey, Florida?
2. Describe Johnny's feelings regarding a near-death experience in 1988.
3. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
4. When and where did Johnny first come in contact with the Carter family?
5. What did Johnny say about Patsy Cline, Ray Charles and Conway Twitty?
6. What was Johnny's experience at the Betty Ford Clinic and how did he face his substance addiction every day afterward?
7. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
8. What did Johnny say about Alan Jackson, Roger Miller and Bill Monroe?
9. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
10. How long had the Carter family been playing together and what was their code about playing without the others?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)