|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) laugh at himself.
(b) play piano.
(c) mentor young talent.
(d) teach guitar.
2. What was the name of Johnny's tour bus?
(a) The Van in Black.
(b) Unit One.
(c) Cash & Carry.
3. What was Johnny's father's name?
4. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
(a) Porter Wagoner.
(b) Merle Haggard.
(c) George Jones.
(d) Roy Orbison.
5. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Johnny's second wife?
2. How many times was Johnny in prison?
3. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
4. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
5. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Johnny's two wives and how many children did he have?
2. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
3. How did the song "Blue Suede Shoes" come to be written?
4. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
5. What did Johnny recall about himself and the other musicians who shared the Sun recording label in the 1950s?
6. What angst did Johnny suffer in the aftermath of the Cinnamon Hill robbery?
7. Who were Johnny's parents and in what year was Johnny Cash born?
8. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
9. Where was Johnny Cash when he began writing this autobiography?
10. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)