|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
(a) Picking berries.
(b) Sawing lumber.
(c) Pumping gas.
(d) Building shelves.
2. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) Dyess Colony.
3. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
4. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
(a) George Jones.
(b) Johnny Horton.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Porter Waggoner.
5. What was Johnny's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
2. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
3. What did Johnny admit to doing on several occasions?
4. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
5. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johnny relate about the hard life of working in the cotton fields as a boy?
2. What were Johnny's parents' differing opinions of his music and how did they spur him on to success?
3. What advice did Johnny get from a voice teacher and what did he wish he had learned about his voice?
4. What example did Johnny give to try to eliminate the romantic notions of rural life?
5. What crime occurred at the Cash's Cinnamon Hill home one day in 1994?
6. How did Johnny meet Sam Phillips of Sun Records and what was the first record he recorded?
7. What were the personal tragedies experienced by Johnny's good friend, Roy Orbison?
8. Where did the Cash family move in 1934?
9. Where was Johnny born and what were the times like for the Cash family?
10. What were the three questions Johnny was always asked in interviews and what were his responses?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)