|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Colonel Parker.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Pete Jackson.
(d) Saul Holiff.
2. What is Bon Aqua?
(a) Johnny's property in Tennessee.
(b) A sparkling water.
(c) An album title.
(d) A French resort.
3. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
(a) Roy Orbison's.
(b) Marty Stuart's.
(c) Elvis Presley's.
(d) Faron Young's.
4. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
(a) Sang to him.
(b) Said goodbye to him.
(c) Prayed for him.
(d) Told him how he hurt them as a result of his addiction.
5. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Chet Huntley.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
6. What did Johnny especially enjoy at Bon Aqua?
(a) The hunting.
(b) The fishing.
(c) The quiet.
(d) The singing.
7. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
(a) A tank of propane exploded in the trunk.
(b) A bad car accident.
(c) Firecrackers on the engine.
(d) A bomb planted under the hood.
8. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(b) Other women.
9. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
(a) A museum.
(b) A ballpark.
(c) An airport.
(d) A cathedral.
10. Who did Johnny think was one of the most influential people in country music?
(a) Faron Young.
(b) Maybelle Carter.
(c) Dolly Parton.
(d) Tammy Wynette.
11. Who was Johnny's oldest daughter?
12. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
13. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
(a) She was a bargain hunter.
(b) She was easy to live with.
(c) She was very generous.
(d) She was a great cook.
14. What quality did Johnny say was common among all the U.S. Presidents he met?
15. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
(a) An accountant he could trust.
(b) Someone to drive his tour bus.
(c) Hit songs.
(d) A good bass player.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
2. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
3. Who was Jack Clement?
4. Who stayed by Johnny's side during his trouble with drug addiction?
5. To whom did Johnny compare his life in the book in #122?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)