|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
(a) Cleaned the house.
(c) Wrote poetry.
(d) Planted gardens.
2. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Port Richey Music Center.
(b) Carter House of Music.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) Carter Family Fold.
3. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) Sam McKenna.
(b) William Meadows.
(c) Peter LaFarge.
(d) James LaGrange.
4. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
(a) Walk on water wonderful.
(b) A prayer warrior.
(c) The 13th disciple.
(d) A Jesus freak.
5. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
(a) Told him how he hurt them as a result of his addiction.
(b) Prayed for him.
(c) Sang to him.
(d) Said goodbye to him.
6. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Bluegras music.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Irish and Scottish folk music.
7. Where did Johnny go to recover from drug and alcohol abuse?
(a) Transitions Center.
(b) Emory Hospital.
(c) Betty Ford Clinic.
(d) Memphis Baptist Hospital.
8. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
9. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
(a) She worked in promotions.
(b) She was a bookkeeper.
(c) She managed a souvenir shop.
(d) She was a travel agent.
10. What disease did June's mother contract?
(d) Parkinson's Disease.
11. What happened to the cremated remains of the person in #73?
(a) They were spread over the Grand Old Opry.
(b) They were spread over a golf course.
(c) A gust of wind blew them onto the mourners.
(d) They were spread out at sea.
12. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(b) He thought about his children.
(c) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(d) He didn't have the courage.
13. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(c) Lake City.
14. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
(a) homeless shelters.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
15. What special treatment did celebrities receive at the Betty Ford Clinic?
(a) Extended visiting hours.
(b) No special treatment.
(c) Private dining rooms.
(d) Special off site privileges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
2. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
3. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
4. Who was the producer who revitalized Johnny's recording career in 1993?
5. Who did Johnny think was one of the most influential people in country music?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)