|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) One Piece at a Time.
(b) A Boy Named Sue.
(c) I Walk the Line.
2. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(d) Lake City.
3. What did Johnny experience during his "drying out" process?
4. Who stayed by Johnny's side during his trouble with drug addiction?
5. Where was the video "Gospel Road" filmed?
(d) The Holy Land.
6. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
7. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
(a) Someone to drive his tour bus.
(b) An accountant he could trust.
(c) Hit songs.
(d) A good bass player.
8. What is Bon Aqua?
(a) An album title.
(b) A sparkling water.
(c) A French resort.
(d) Johnny's property in Tennessee.
9. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Carter Family Fold.
(c) Port Richey Music Center.
(d) Carter House of Music.
10. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Drug abuse.
11. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(b) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(c) He didn't have the courage.
(d) He thought about his children.
12. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
(a) She was a great cook.
(b) She was a bargain hunter.
(c) She was very generous.
(d) She was easy to live with.
13. What culture did Johnny study during this period?
14. What happened to the cremated remains of the person in #73?
(a) They were spread out at sea.
(b) A gust of wind blew them onto the mourners.
(c) They were spread over the Grand Old Opry.
(d) They were spread over a golf course.
15. In what year was the song in #112 released?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
2. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
3. Who was Johnny's oldest daughter?
4. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
5. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)