|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Chet Huntley.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Mike Wallace.
2. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Pete Jackson.
(c) Saul Holiff.
(d) Colonel Parker.
3. Where did Johnny go once to commit suicide?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A back alley.
(c) A desert shack.
(d) A cave.
4. In what year was the song in #112 released?
5. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) Nearer My God to Thee.
(b) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
(c) Man in White.
(d) The Long Road.
6. Who was Johnny's oldest daughter?
7. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Carter House of Music.
(b) Port Richey Music Center.
(c) Carter Family Fold.
(d) Grand Ole Opry.
8. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) seducing girls.
(b) getting stoned.
(c) vadalizing hotel rooms.
(d) going on drinking binges.
9. How did the person in #106 die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Terminal illness.
(d) Drug overdose.
10. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
11. To whom did Johnny compare his life in the book in #122?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) The Apostle Paul.
12. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(b) Other women.
13. Who was the producer who revitalized Johnny's recording career in 1993?
(a) Phil Spector.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Rick Rubin.
(d) Russell Simmons.
14. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(b) Lake City.
15. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
(a) A bomb planted under the hood.
(b) A tank of propane exploded in the trunk.
(c) Firecrackers on the engine.
(d) A bad car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stayed by Johnny's side during his trouble with drug addiction?
2. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
3. In what year did June's mother die?
4. In what year did Johnny and June first get together for a show?
5. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)