|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
2. Who stayed by Johnny's side during his trouble with drug addiction?
3. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
(a) A bomb planted under the hood.
(b) Firecrackers on the engine.
(c) A bad car accident.
(d) A tank of propane exploded in the trunk.
4. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Saul Holiff.
(b) Colonel Parker.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Pete Jackson.
5. What was unique about the recording in #130?
(a) It was only Johnny's voice and guitar.
(b) It was recorded in a train station.
(c) It was recorded in a prison.
(d) It was produced with a gospel choir as back-up.
6. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
7. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
(a) A museum.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A ballpark.
(d) An airport.
8. What disease did June's mother contract?
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
9. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
(a) Cherokee Sundown.
(b) Trail of Tears.
(c) Apache Tears.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
10. Why was Johnny skeptical of Rick Rubin at first?
(a) He was from New York.
(b) He had long hair.
(c) He produced young artists.
(d) He had hippie clothes.
11. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) going on drinking binges.
(b) vadalizing hotel rooms.
(c) getting stoned.
(d) seducing girls.
12. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(d) Lake City.
13. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
14. Who was Jack Clement?
(a) Johnny's road manager.
(b) Johnny's personal trainer.
(c) Johnny's accountant.
(d) Johnny's producer.
15. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
(a) Said goodbye to him.
(b) Told him how he hurt them as a result of his addiction.
(c) Sang to him.
(d) Prayed for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
2. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
3. What is Bon Aqua?
4. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
5. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)