|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnny want to do a live concert album?
(a) A prison.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) A psychological hospital.
(d) An Indian reservation.
2. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
3. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
4. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) The Long Road.
(b) Man in White.
(c) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
(d) Nearer My God to Thee.
5. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
(a) Became a father again.
(b) Graduated college.
6. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
(a) Apache Tears.
(b) Cherokee Sundown.
(c) Trail of Tears.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
7. Why was Johnny skeptical of Rick Rubin at first?
(a) He had long hair.
(b) He had hippie clothes.
(c) He was from New York.
(d) He produced young artists.
8. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Chet Huntley.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Mike Wallace.
9. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Saul Holiff.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Pete Jackson.
(d) Colonel Parker.
10. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
(a) Drug abuse.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
11. What vehicle did Johnny drive around Bon Aqua?
(a) Dodge truck.
(c) John Deere tractor.
(d) Range Rover.
12. What is Bon Aqua?
(a) A sparkling water.
(b) Johnny's property in Tennessee.
(c) A French resort.
(d) An album title.
13. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
(a) She was very generous.
(b) She was easy to live with.
(c) She was a bargain hunter.
(d) She was a great cook.
14. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) A Boy Named Sue.
(b) I Walk the Line.
(d) One Piece at a Time.
15. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
(a) An airport.
(b) A ballpark.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
2. In what year did Johnny first meet the Carters?
3. Where did Johnny go once to commit suicide?
4. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
5. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)