|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
(a) Roy Orbison's.
(b) Elvis Presley's.
(c) Marty Stuart's.
(d) Faron Young's.
2. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(b) He didn't have the courage.
(c) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(d) He thought about his children.
3. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) She was off key just a bit.
(b) They should do a U.S. tour.
(c) They were going to get married someday.
(d) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
4. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
(a) Prayed for him.
(b) Sang to him.
(c) Told him how he hurt them as a result of his addiction.
(d) Said goodbye to him.
5. What quality did Johnny say was common among all the U.S. Presidents he met?
6. Where did Johnny go once to commit suicide?
(a) A cave.
(b) A back alley.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A desert shack.
7. What was "Chicken in Black"?
(a) A video Johnny recorded.
(b) A drink Johnny named.
(c) A book Johnny wrote.
(d) A recipe Johnny created.
8. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) vadalizing hotel rooms.
(b) going on drinking binges.
(c) seducing girls.
(d) getting stoned.
9. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) Nearer My God to Thee.
(b) Man in White.
(c) The Long Road.
(d) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
10. In what year did Johnny and June first get together for a show?
11. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
(a) Cleaned the house.
(b) Wrote poetry.
(d) Planted gardens.
12. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
(a) The dog was old and infirm.
(b) The dog had a terminal illness.
(c) The dog had been attacked by bear.
(d) There were too many mouths to feed.
13. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The mid 1950s.
(c) The late 1960s.
(d) The 2000s.
14. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Bluegras music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Irish and Scottish folk music.
(d) Jazz music.
15. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
(a) His Jamaican home.
(b) The house at Port Richey.
(c) His camper.
(d) His tour bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny say it was difficult to find?
2. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
3. What was June's mother's name?
4. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
5. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)