|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny especially enjoy at Bon Aqua?
(a) The singing.
(b) The hunting.
(c) The quiet.
(d) The fishing.
2. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) Sam McKenna.
(b) James LaGrange.
(c) Peter LaFarge.
(d) William Meadows.
3. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) I Walk the Line.
(b) One Piece at a Time.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
4. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
(a) His camper.
(b) His tour bus.
(c) The house at Port Richey.
(d) His Jamaican home.
5. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
(a) In his bedside table.
(b) In his cast.
(c) Under his bandages.
(d) In a cupboard.
6. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
(a) An airport.
(b) A ballpark.
(c) A museum.
(d) A cathedral.
7. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
(a) To keep spreading his message.
(b) To stay active.
(c) To stay current in the music business.
(d) To provide jobs for his entourage.
8. What vehicle did Johnny drive around Bon Aqua?
(a) Range Rover.
(b) John Deere tractor.
(d) Dodge truck.
9. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(d) Lake City.
10. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
(a) Matthew Carter.
(b) James Carter.
(c) John Carter.
(d) Philip Carter.
11. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Walter Cronkite.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Chet Huntley.
12. What caused the car fire in which Johnny was severely burned?
(a) Firecrackers on the engine.
(b) A bad car accident.
(c) A tank of propane exploded in the trunk.
(d) A bomb planted under the hood.
13. What did Johnny tell June during their first show together?
(a) They should do a U.S. tour.
(b) They were going to get married someday.
(c) She was off key just a bit.
(d) He was having the best time he ever had on stage.
14. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
(a) The dog was old and infirm.
(b) The dog had been attacked by bear.
(c) The dog had a terminal illness.
(d) There were too many mouths to feed.
15. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
2. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
3. What culture did Johnny study during this period?
4. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
5. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)