|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
(a) To keep spreading his message.
(b) To provide jobs for his entourage.
(c) To stay current in the music business.
(d) To stay active.
2. Who stayed by Johnny's side during his trouble with drug addiction?
3. What quality did Johnny say he ultimately valued about June?
(a) She was very generous.
(b) She was a bargain hunter.
(c) She was easy to live with.
(d) She was a great cook.
4. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
(a) The dog was old and infirm.
(b) The dog had been attacked by bear.
(c) The dog had a terminal illness.
(d) There were too many mouths to feed.
5. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
(a) Became a father again.
(d) Graduated college.
6. Johnny was the only person allowed to use ______________ in the Carter family's performance center.
7. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) The Long Road.
(b) Nearer My God to Thee.
(c) Man in White.
(d) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
8. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Carter Family Fold.
(b) Grand Ole Opry.
(c) Carter House of Music.
(d) Port Richey Music Center.
9. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
10. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) William Meadows.
(b) James LaGrange.
(c) Sam McKenna.
(d) Peter LaFarge.
11. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He thought about his children.
(b) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(c) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(d) He didn't have the courage.
12. What was the name of the recording produced by the person in #129?
(a) One More Time.
(b) American Recordings.
(c) American Sonata.
(d) One More for the Road.
13. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(d) Other women.
14. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
15. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Walter Cronkite.
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Chet Huntley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
2. What was June's mother's name?
3. Where did Johnny go to recover from drug and alcohol abuse?
4. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
5. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)