|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Johnny compare his life in the book in #122?
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) John the Baptist.
2. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
(a) Cleaned the house.
(b) Wrote poetry.
(d) Planted gardens.
3. What did Johnny especially enjoy at Bon Aqua?
(a) The fishing.
(b) The singing.
(c) The quiet.
(d) The hunting.
4. What was the name of the camper Johnny used to get away sometimes?
5. Johnny announced on his television show that his religious beliefs were ______________.
6. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
(a) Apache Tears.
(b) Cherokee Sundown.
(c) A Boy Named Sue.
(d) Trail of Tears.
7. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(d) Other women.
8. Why did Johnny keep working even though he could have retired quite comfortably?
(a) To provide jobs for his entourage.
(b) To keep spreading his message.
(c) To stay active.
(d) To stay current in the music business.
9. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) homeless shelters.
10. What was "Chicken in Black"?
(a) A recipe Johnny created.
(b) A book Johnny wrote.
(c) A video Johnny recorded.
(d) A drink Johnny named.
11. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In his bedside table.
(c) In his cast.
(d) Under his bandages.
12. Which news broadcaster did Johnny snarl at in an interview prior to a Carnegie Hall concert?
(a) Chet Huntley.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Mike Wallace.
13. What special treatment did celebrities receive at the Betty Ford Clinic?
(a) Extended visiting hours.
(b) No special treatment.
(c) Special off site privileges.
(d) Private dining rooms.
14. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
(a) His Jamaican home.
(b) His tour bus.
(c) The house at Port Richey.
(d) His camper.
15. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
(a) She was a bookkeeper.
(b) She worked in promotions.
(c) She was a travel agent.
(d) She managed a souvenir shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes hold of Johnny and threatens to end his life?
2. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
3. Where was the video "Gospel Road" filmed?
4. What was June Carter's father's name?
5. What life-altering experience did Johnny have in 1988?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)