|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
(a) Apache Tears.
(b) Trail of Tears.
(c) A Boy Named Sue.
(d) Cherokee Sundown.
2. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
(a) A prayer warrior.
(b) Walk on water wonderful.
(c) The 13th disciple.
(d) A Jesus freak.
3. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(d) Other women.
4. What was the name of the performance center built by the Carter family?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Carter Family Fold.
(c) Carter House of Music.
(d) Port Richey Music Center.
5. Where did Johnny want to do a live concert album?
(a) A prison.
(b) An Indian reservation.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) A psychological hospital.
6. When did Johnny say his career was the strongest?
(a) The early 1970s.
(b) The 2000s.
(c) The mid 1950s.
(d) The late 1960s.
7. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(a) I Walk the Line.
(b) One Piece at a Time.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
8. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
(a) Under his bandages.
(b) In his bedside table.
(c) In his cast.
(d) In a cupboard.
9. According to Johnny, ____________________ was a normal activity for an up-and-coming rock star.
(a) seducing girls.
(b) going on drinking binges.
(c) getting stoned.
(d) vadalizing hotel rooms.
10. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Jazz music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Bluegras music.
(d) Irish and Scottish folk music.
11. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
12. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
13. How did the person in #106 die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Terminal illness.
(d) Drug overdose.
14. What is the name of the book Johnny produced as a result of his Bible study?
(a) Nearer My God to Thee.
(b) I Walk the Line with the Lord.
(c) The Long Road.
(d) Man in White.
15. Who was the producer who revitalized Johnny's recording career in 1993?
(a) Rick Rubin.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Russell Simmons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
2. What did Johnny once consider selling when he and June had financial problems?
3. Where did Johnny go to recover from drug and alcohol abuse?
4. What did Johnny's family members gather around Johnny's hospital bed to do?
5. Who was Jack Clement?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)