|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
(a) Making pies.
(c) Watching baseball.
2. What is Bon Aqua?
(a) A French resort.
(b) An album title.
(c) Johnny's property in Tennessee.
(d) A sparkling water.
3. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(a) Other women.
4. What happened to the cremated remains of the person in #73?
(a) They were spread over a golf course.
(b) They were spread over the Grand Old Opry.
(c) They were spread out at sea.
(d) A gust of wind blew them onto the mourners.
5. How could Johnny's memories of his father best be characterized?
6. What did Johnny especially enjoy at Bon Aqua?
(a) The fishing.
(b) The singing.
(c) The quiet.
(d) The hunting.
7. In what city did Johnny first meet the Carters?
(b) Lake City.
8. What habit did Johnny say June did to excess?
(a) Cleaned the house.
(b) Planted gardens.
(c) Wrote poetry.
9. What was June Carter's father's name?
10. Who was the only son born to Johnny and June?
(a) John Carter.
(b) Philip Carter.
(c) James Carter.
(d) Matthew Carter.
11. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
(a) homeless shelters.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) Las Vegas.
12. How many grandchildren did Johnny have at the time this book was written?
13. Where did Johnny try to hide Valium while in the hospital recovering from surgery?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) In his cast.
(c) Under his bandages.
(d) In his bedside table.
14. Which one of June's daughters did Johnny nickname "Sparkle"?
15. What was unique about the recording in #130?
(a) It was recorded in a train station.
(b) It was produced with a gospel choir as back-up.
(c) It was only Johnny's voice and guitar.
(d) It was recorded in a prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal attacked Johnny once on his farm?
2. Two songs that were controversial for their direct messages were "Ira Hayes" and _______________.
3. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
4. What special treatment did celebrities receive at the Betty Ford Clinic?
5. What was another location Johnny mentioned in which he wanted to record?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)