|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose cremated remains did Johnny speak of in Chapter 1 of Port Richey?
(a) Roy Orbison's.
(b) Faron Young's.
(c) Marty Stuart's.
(d) Elvis Presley's.
2. What narcotic was Johnny given when he had a broken rib as a child?
3. What culture did Johnny study during this period?
4. What did Johnny call June regarding her religious fervor?
(a) The 13th disciple.
(b) A Jesus freak.
(c) A prayer warrior.
(d) Walk on water wonderful.
5. What prevented Johnny from committing suicide in the cave?
(a) He didn't have the courage.
(b) He thought about the legacy that would leave.
(c) He realized God still had a purpose for him.
(d) He thought about his children.
6. Who was the Hopi Indian Ed McCurdy introduced Johnny to?
(a) James LaGrange.
(b) Sam McKenna.
(c) Peter LaFarge.
(d) William Meadows.
7. What was Johnny's song that was his only hit in the 1970s?
(b) I Walk the Line.
(c) One Piece at a Time.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
8. What quality did Johnny say was common among all the U.S. Presidents he met?
9. What was "Chicken in Black"?
(a) A book Johnny wrote.
(b) A video Johnny recorded.
(c) A drink Johnny named.
(d) A recipe Johnny created.
10. Who was Johnny's manager who first put Johnny and June together in a show?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Pete Jackson.
(c) Saul Holiff.
(d) Colonel Parker.
11. What activity did Johnny enjoy doing with June's mother?
(a) Watching baseball.
(d) Making pies.
12. Why was Johnny skeptical of Rick Rubin at first?
(a) He was from New York.
(b) He had long hair.
(c) He produced young artists.
(d) He had hippie clothes.
13. What was a big source of the fights between Johnny and his first wife, Vivian?
(c) Other women.
14. Where did Johnny go once to commit suicide?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A desert shack.
(c) A back alley.
(d) A cave.
15. Port Richey is the home of ________________.
(a) George Jones.
(b) Willie Nelson.
(c) Porter Waggoner.
(d) June's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Johnny's mother have in his business years later?
2. Why did Johnny's father kill Johnny's dog when Johnny was a boy?
3. Who did Johnny think was one of the most influential people in country music?
4. How did the person in #106 die?
5. Johnny was criticized for his decisions to play in prisons and in _____________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)