|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) Islands in the Stream.
(b) Hello, Walls.
(d) City of New Orleans.
2. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Carl Perkins.
(b) Roy Orbison.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Johnny Cash.
3. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
(a) Arkansas Cotton Ball.
(b) Grand Ole Opry.
(c) Branson Hit Parade.
(d) Louisiana Hayride.
4. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
5. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Waylon Jennings.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Marty Stuart.
(d) Chet Atkins.
6. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
7. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Skylark Mountain.
(b) Montego Manse.
(c) Cinnamon Hill.
(d) Valley View.
8. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) June Carter.
(b) Marie Withers.
(c) Arnelle Sampson.
(d) Darlene Good.
9. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
(a) Pumping gas.
(b) Sawing lumber.
(c) Picking berries.
(d) Building shelves.
10. What was Johnny's mother's name?
11. Who was Johnny's first wife?
(a) Carolee Simpson.
(b) Anna Morgan.
(c) June Carter.
(d) Vivian Liberto.
12. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(a) Little Rock.
(c) Dyess Colony.
13. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
14. What was Johnny's father's name?
15. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Colonel Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
2. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
3. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
4. What disease did the person in #39 have?
5. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)