|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
2. What was Johnny's mother's name?
3. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) Arnelle Sampson.
(b) Darlene Good.
(c) Marie Withers.
(d) June Carter.
4. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She cleaned houses.
(b) She worked in a restaurant.
(c) She made custom dresses.
(d) She took in laundry.
5. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(c) Air Force.
6. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(a) Dyess Colony.
(c) Little Rock.
7. Johnny stated that he was glad he wasn't _____________.
8. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
9. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(b) Jellico, Tennessee.
(c) Auburn, Mississippi.
(d) Cochran, Georgia.
10. Who was Johnny's first wife?
(a) June Carter.
(b) Carolee Simpson.
(c) Vivian Liberto.
(d) Anna Morgan.
11. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Kris Kirstofferson.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Dolly Parton.
12. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were limited.
(b) They were excellent.
(c) They were average.
(d) They were horrible.
13. What disease did the person in #39 have?
14. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
(a) Hall and Marshall.
(b) Luther and Winton.
(c) Luther and Marshall.
(d) Hall and Jackson.
15. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
2. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
3. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
4. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
5. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)