|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Carl Perkins.
2. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Cinnamon Hill.
(b) Skylark Mountain.
(c) Montego Manse.
(d) Valley View.
3. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
4. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) teach guitar.
(b) play piano.
(c) laugh at himself.
(d) mentor young talent.
5. How many children did Johnny have with his first wife?
6. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
7. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a preacher.
(b) To be a farmer.
(c) To be a newspaper editor.
(d) To be a teacher.
8. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She worked in a restaurant.
(b) She cleaned houses.
(c) She took in laundry.
(d) She made custom dresses.
9. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Abdominal cut.
(d) Amputated leg.
10. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
(a) cotton blooms.
(c) green apples.
(d) raw pie dough.
11. Johnny stated that he was glad he wasn't _____________.
12. What genre of book is CASH?
13. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
(a) Picking berries.
(b) Pumping gas.
(c) Building shelves.
(d) Sawing lumber.
14. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Dolly Parton.
(b) Kris Kirstofferson.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Roy Orbison.
15. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Gulf of Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
2. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
3. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. How many times was Johnny in prison?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)