|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Porter Wagoner.
(c) Merle Haggard.
(d) George Jones.
2. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Ohio River.
3. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
(a) Tennessee Two.
(b) Memphis Mafia.
(c) The Georgia Guys.
(d) Arkansas Altos.
4. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She took in laundry.
(b) She made custom dresses.
(c) She worked in a restaurant.
(d) She cleaned houses.
5. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
(a) No Sunny, No Money.
(b) Three Feet High and Rising.
(c) The Mighty Mississip.
(d) The Ballad of the Boll Weevil.
6. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were limited.
(b) They were excellent.
(c) They were horrible.
(d) They were average.
7. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was nice for church.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) It was a waste of time.
(d) It was a great career.
8. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Faron Young.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Jerry Lee Lewis.
9. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Roy Orbison.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Carl Perkins.
10. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
11. What was Johnny's father's name?
12. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
13. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
14. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
(a) Arkansas Cotton Ball.
(b) Branson Hit Parade.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) Louisiana Hayride.
15. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Willie Nelson.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Colonel Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
2. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
3. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
4. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
5. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)