|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime occurred at Johnny's Jamaican home?
2. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She took in laundry.
(b) She made custom dresses.
(c) She worked in a restaurant.
(d) She cleaned houses.
3. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(b) Roy Orbison.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Faron Young.
4. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
5. What genre of book is CASH?
6. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) The radio.
(b) Grand Ole Opry.
(c) His mother.
(d) Field workers.
7. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a newspaper editor.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To be a preacher.
(d) To be a farmer.
8. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(b) South Carolina.
9. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
10. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
(a) Hall and Marshall.
(b) Luther and Winton.
(c) Luther and Marshall.
(d) Hall and Jackson.
11. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Carl Perkins.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Roy Orbison.
12. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
13. What beautiful sight did Johnny remember from living on the farm?
(b) Cotton fields.
14. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
15. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were average.
(b) They were excellent.
(c) They were limited.
(d) They were horrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
2. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
3. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
4. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
5. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)