Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(b) Air Force.
2. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Kris Kirstofferson.
(b) Dolly Parton.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Sam Phillips.
3. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
(a) Luther and Winton.
(b) Hall and Jackson.
(c) Luther and Marshall.
(d) Hall and Marshall.
4. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
5. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(b) He needed to develop a broader range.
(c) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(d) He was wasting his mother's money.
6. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a great career.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) It was nice for church.
(d) It was a waste of time.
7. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(b) Little Rock.
(d) Dyess Colony.
8. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Colonel Parker.
(d) Sam Phillips.
9. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
10. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(b) Quit smoking.
(c) Quit drinking.
(d) Quit doing drugs.
11. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
(a) Building shelves.
(b) Pumping gas.
(c) Picking berries.
(d) Sawing lumber.
12. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
(a) cotton blooms.
(b) green apples.
(d) raw pie dough.
13. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) Marie Withers.
(b) Arnelle Sampson.
(c) June Carter.
(d) Darlene Good.
14. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
15. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) mentor young talent.
(b) play piano.
(c) laugh at himself.
(d) teach guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
2. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
3. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
4. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
5. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)