|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(c) Public speaking.
2. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) Hello, Walls.
(c) City of New Orleans.
(d) Islands in the Stream.
3. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Jellico, Tennessee.
(b) Cochran, Georgia.
(c) Auburn, Mississippi.
(d) Kingsland, Arkansas.
4. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
5. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
6. What was Johnny's mother's name?
7. Who was the steadfast guitarist who played with Johnny?
(a) Luther Moore Perkins.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Buddy Rich.
(d) Chet Atkins.
8. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Colonel Parker.
9. What was Johnny's father's name?
10. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) mentor young talent.
(b) laugh at himself.
(c) teach guitar.
(d) play piano.
11. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were horrible.
(b) They were limited.
(c) They were average.
(d) They were excellent.
12. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) His mother.
(b) Field workers.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) The radio.
13. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(c) South Carolina.
14. What part of his body did the person in #62 receive injuries in a car accident?
15. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
2. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
3. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
4. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
5. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)