|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
(a) Porter Waggoner.
(b) George Jones.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Johnny Horton.
2. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
3. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He needed to develop a broader range.
(b) He was wasting his mother's money.
(c) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(d) Not to let anyone change his voice.
4. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It just felt right.
(b) It was best for his skin tone.
(c) It was easy to keep clean.
(d) It looked good on stage.
5. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(d) South Carolina.
6. What genre of book is CASH?
7. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
8. Which Sun label musician preached that the musicians were leading their fans to hell?
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Faron Young.
9. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
(a) New York.
10. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She worked in a restaurant.
(b) She cleaned houses.
(c) She took in laundry.
(d) She made custom dresses.
11. Who was Johnny's first wife?
(a) Carolee Simpson.
(b) Anna Morgan.
(c) Vivian Liberto.
(d) June Carter.
12. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
13. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
(a) His family.
(b) His military duty.
(c) His backup players.
(d) His shyness.
14. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) Marie Withers.
(b) Arnelle Sampson.
(c) Darlene Good.
(d) June Carter.
15. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) laugh at himself.
(b) play piano.
(c) teach guitar.
(d) mentor young talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Johnny in prison?
2. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
3. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
4. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
5. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)