|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
2. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
3. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were excellent.
(b) They were limited.
(c) They were horrible.
(d) They were average.
4. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
5. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
6. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Kentucky River.
7. What was Johnny's father's name?
8. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
9. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit doing drugs.
(b) Quit drinking.
(c) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(d) Quit smoking.
10. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
(b) New York.
11. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He needed to develop a broader range.
(b) He was wasting his mother's money.
(c) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(d) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
12. What crime occurred at Johnny's Jamaican home?
13. Who was Johnny's first wife?
(a) June Carter.
(b) Anna Morgan.
(c) Carolee Simpson.
(d) Vivian Liberto.
14. What did Johnny learn to do whenever there was a problem with a fan?
(a) Tried to negotiate.
(b) Sang a few songs.
(c) Stayed out of sight.
(d) Called the police.
15. Who was the steadfast guitarist who played with Johnny?
(a) Chet Atkins.
(b) Buddy Rich.
(c) Luther Moore Perkins.
(d) Carl Perkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
2. What genre of book is CASH?
3. Who was Johnny's second wife?
4. Which Sun label musician preached that the musicians were leading their fans to hell?
5. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)