|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Field workers.
(c) His mother.
(d) The radio.
2. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
(a) A concert hall.
(b) Johnny Cash's home.
(c) Grand Ole Opry.
(d) A bus station.
3. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
(a) Branson Hit Parade.
(b) Grand Ole Opry.
(c) Louisiana Hayride.
(d) Arkansas Cotton Ball.
4. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
(a) Merle Haggard.
(b) Porter Wagoner.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) George Jones.
5. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
(a) Paul Branson.
(b) Pete Barnhill.
(c) Pat Winston.
(d) Petey Jackson.
6. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Johnny Cash.
7. Who was Johnny's first wife?
(a) Vivian Liberto.
(b) Carolee Simpson.
(c) Anna Morgan.
(d) June Carter.
8. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) play piano.
(b) mentor young talent.
(c) laugh at himself.
(d) teach guitar.
9. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
10. What did Johnny admit to doing on several occasions?
(a) Cried like a girl.
(b) Wore a wig.
(c) Gave terrible advice.
(d) Swimming naked.
11. What was Johnny's father's name?
12. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Cinnamon Hill.
(b) Valley View.
(c) Montego Manse.
(d) Skylark Mountain.
13. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Faron Young.
(b) Waylon Jennings.
(c) Chet Atkins.
(d) Marty Stuart.
14. How many children did Johnny have with his first wife?
15. What song did Johnny later write about his experience on the farm?
(a) No Sunny, No Money.
(b) The Ballad of the Boll Weevil.
(c) Three Feet High and Rising.
(d) The Mighty Mississip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
2. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
3. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
4. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
5. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)