|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(a) Dyess Colony.
(d) Little Rock.
2. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Auburn, Mississippi.
(b) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(c) Jellico, Tennessee.
(d) Cochran, Georgia.
3. What insects invaded the Cash farm one year?
(b) Army worms.
4. Who was Johnny's second wife?
(a) Marie Withers.
(b) Arnelle Sampson.
(c) June Carter.
(d) Darlene Good.
5. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
6. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
(a) green apples.
(b) cotton blooms.
(d) raw pie dough.
7. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Kris Kirstofferson.
(b) Roy Orbison.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Dolly Parton.
8. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Elvis Presley.
9. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Colonel Parker.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Sam Phillips.
10. How many men were killed as a result of the crime at Johnny's Jamaican home?
11. What was Johnny's father's name?
12. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It looked good on stage.
(b) It just felt right.
(c) It was best for his skin tone.
(d) It was easy to keep clean.
13. How many times was Johnny in prison?
14. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
15. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Johnny Cash's home.
(c) A concert hall.
(d) A bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnny's mother's name?
2. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
3. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
4. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
5. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)