|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Skylark Mountain.
(b) Valley View.
(c) Cinnamon Hill.
(d) Montego Manse.
2. What insects invaded the Cash farm one year?
(b) Army worms.
3. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
(a) Ernest Tubb.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Minnie Pearl.
(d) Ed Sullivan.
4. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
5. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
(a) Johnny Cash's home.
(b) A bus station.
(c) A concert hall.
(d) Grand Ole Opry.
6. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Willie Nelson.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Colonel Parker.
7. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(a) Public speaking.
8. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
9. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
10. At what age did Johnny begin to work in the fields?
11. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
12. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were horrible.
(b) They were limited.
(c) They were average.
(d) They were excellent.
13. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
14. Which Sun label musician preached that the musicians were leading their fans to hell?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Faron Young.
15. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
2. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
3. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
4. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
5. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)