|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
2. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
3. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
4. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
(a) Tennessee Two.
(b) Arkansas Altos.
(c) Memphis Mafia.
(d) The Georgia Guys.
5. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(a) Air Force.
6. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(b) Jellico, Tennessee.
(c) Auburn, Mississippi.
(d) Cochran, Georgia.
7. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Mississippi River.
8. How many times was Johnny in prison?
9. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Willie Nelson.
(d) Colonel Parker.
10. How old was Johnny when he married for the first time?
11. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
12. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
13. What was Johnny's father's name?
14. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
(a) Minnie Pearl.
(b) Ernest Tubb.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Ed Sullivan.
15. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Valley View.
(b) Cinnamon Hill.
(c) Skylark Mountain.
(d) Montego Manse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
2. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
3. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
4. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
5. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)