|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnny Cash's grandfather's profession?
2. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
3. Who was Johnny's good friend and neighbor who lost his wife and children?
(a) Porter Wagoner.
(b) Merle Haggard.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) George Jones.
4. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(d) Air Force.
5. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(d) Public speaking.
6. What genre of book is CASH?
7. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(b) Jellico, Tennessee.
(c) Cochran, Georgia.
(d) Auburn, Mississippi.
8. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
(a) It looked good on stage.
(b) It was best for his skin tone.
(c) It just felt right.
(d) It was easy to keep clean.
9. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His family.
(c) His backup players.
(d) His military duty.
10. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
(a) Memphis Mafia.
(b) Arkansas Altos.
(c) The Georgia Guys.
(d) Tennessee Two.
11. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(b) Dyess Colony.
(c) Little Rock.
12. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Waylon Jennings.
(b) Marty Stuart.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Chet Atkins.
13. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Willie Nelson.
(b) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Colonel Parker.
14. What beautiful sight did Johnny remember from living on the farm?
(a) Cotton fields.
15. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Faron Young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
2. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
3. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
4. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
5. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)