|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Johnny have with his first wife?
2. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
(a) The detours.
(b) The sameness.
(c) The excitement.
(d) The danger.
3. In what type of fields did Johnny work as a boy?
4. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
5. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was a waste of time.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) It was a great career.
(d) It was nice for church.
6. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) Islands in the Stream.
(c) City of New Orleans.
(d) Hello, Walls.
7. What disease did the person in #39 have?
8. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a newspaper editor.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To be a preacher.
(d) To be a farmer.
9. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(b) Air Force.
10. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Marty Stuart.
(b) Chet Atkins.
(c) Faron Young.
(d) Waylon Jennings.
11. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) play piano.
(b) teach guitar.
(c) laugh at himself.
(d) mentor young talent.
12. Which Sun label musician preached that the musicians were leading their fans to hell?
(a) Carl Perkins.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Faron Young.
13. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Quit smoking.
(c) Quit doing drugs.
(d) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
14. What special talent did the person in #39 have?
(a) Public speaking.
15. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(b) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(c) He was wasting his mother's money.
(d) He needed to develop a broader range.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
2. What was Johnny's father's name?
3. Which friend of Johnny's had a premonition of his own death?
4. Who was Johnny's first wife?
5. What beautiful sight did Johnny remember from living on the farm?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)