|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Gulf of Mexico.
2. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Chet Atkins.
(b) Marty Stuart.
(c) Waylon Jennings.
(d) Faron Young.
3. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
(a) They were limited.
(b) They were excellent.
(c) They were horrible.
(d) They were average.
4. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(c) South Carolina.
5. What was the name of Johnny's tour bus?
(a) Cash & Carry.
(c) Unit One.
(d) The Van in Black.
6. What insects invaded the Cash farm one year?
(a) Army worms.
7. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
(a) It was nice for church.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) It was a great career.
(d) It was a waste of time.
8. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
9. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
(c) Air Force.
10. What is the name of Johnny's only son?
11. In what year did Johnny Cash's ancestors settle in America?
12. Who was the steadfast guitarist who played with Johnny?
(a) Carl Perkins.
(b) Buddy Rich.
(c) Chet Atkins.
(d) Luther Moore Perkins.
13. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
(a) Amputated leg.
(b) Abdominal cut.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Gunshot wound.
14. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Roy Orbison.
15. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She took in laundry.
(b) She made custom dresses.
(c) She worked in a restaurant.
(d) She cleaned houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
2. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
3. Who were the members of the Tennessee Two?
4. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
5. Johnny's mother told him he would get a stomach ache if he ate _______________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)