|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
2. Where was meat cured on the Cash farm?
3. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(b) South Carolina.
4. What fatal injury did the person in #22 sustain?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Abdominal cut.
(d) Amputated leg.
5. Who was the head of Sun Records in Memphis in 1955?
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(b) Colonel Parker.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Willie Nelson.
6. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
(a) laugh at himself.
(b) play piano.
(c) teach guitar.
(d) mentor young talent.
7. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
8. What pact did Johnny and the person in #55 make?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Grow their hair long enough for a ponytail.
(c) Quit doing drugs.
(d) Quit smoking.
9. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
10. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
(a) Skylark Mountain.
(b) Montego Manse.
(c) Valley View.
(d) Cinnamon Hill.
11. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
(b) Little Rock.
(d) Dyess Colony.
12. How did Johnny's mother earn money for his voice lessons?
(a) She took in laundry.
(b) She cleaned houses.
(c) She made custom dresses.
(d) She worked in a restaurant.
13. What crime occurred at Johnny's Jamaican home?
14. Who was the steadfast guitarist who played with Johnny?
(a) Buddy Rich.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Luther Moore Perkins.
(d) Chet Atkins.
15. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Jerry Lee Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
2. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
3. What was the job of the person in #22 when he was 14?
4. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
5. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)