|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was the setting in #1 located?
2. What was the name of the song offered to Johnny by the person in #67?
(a) City of New Orleans.
(b) Islands in the Stream.
(d) Hello, Walls.
3. In what country did Johnny serve in the military?
4. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Kentucky River.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Ohio River.
5. What was the life goal of the person in #22?
(a) To be a teacher.
(b) To be a farmer.
(c) To be a preacher.
(d) To be a newspaper editor.
6. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
7. How many children did Johnny have with his first wife?
8. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
(a) Waylon Jennings.
(b) Faron Young.
(c) Chet Atkins.
(d) Marty Stuart.
9. How many times was Johnny in prison?
10. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"?
(a) Roy Orbison.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Johnny Cash.
11. What genre of book is CASH?
12. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
(a) The detours.
(b) The excitement.
(c) The danger.
(d) The sameness.
13. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(b) He needed to develop a broader range.
(c) He was wasting his mother's money.
(d) Not to let anyone change his voice.
14. In what year did the crime occur at Johnny's Jamaican home?
15. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
2. Where did the Cash family move to in 1934?
3. In what city did Johnny and his new wife settle in 1955?
4. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
5. What was the setting for the opening of CASH?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)