|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
2. What color of clothing did Johnny Cash always wear?
3. What boyhood friend did Johnny recall while driving toward Northern California one day?
(a) Paul Branson.
(b) Pete Barnhill.
(c) Petey Jackson.
(d) Pat Winston.
4. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
(a) Ernest Tubb.
(b) Ed Sullivan.
(c) Minnie Pearl.
(d) Johnny Carson.
5. Who was the steadfast guitarist who played with Johnny?
(a) Buddy Rich.
(b) Chet Atkins.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Luther Moore Perkins.
6. To whom did Johnny give the advice of "change your name and lower your voice"?
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Faron Young.
7. In what town was Johnny Cash born?
(a) Jellico, Tennessee.
(b) Auburn, Mississippi.
(c) Kingsland, Arkansas.
(d) Cochran, Georgia.
8. What did Johnny comment on about being on the road?
(a) The danger.
(b) The sameness.
(c) The detours.
(d) The excitement.
9. What genre of book is CASH?
10. In what year was Johnny Cash born?
11. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
12. What body of water wreaked havoc on the Cash farm?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Mississippi River.
13. What was the name of Johnny's tour bus?
(a) Unit One.
(b) The Van in Black.
(d) Cash & Carry.
14. Johnny described a ________________ between the young musicians in the 1950s.
15. Which songwriter offered Johnny and his group a song?
(a) Kris Kirstofferson.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Dolly Parton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Johnny serve?
2. Which musician did Johnny once tell that God would "jerk the tongue out of your head"?
3. Why did Johnny always wear the color in #47?
4. What was the name of Johnny's home in Jamaica?
5. What was Johnny's mother's name?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)