|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(b) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(c) He needed to develop a broader range.
(d) He was wasting his mother's money.
2. To what country could Johnny Cash trace his family origins?
3. What type of songs was Ed McCurdy famous for singing?
(a) Irish and Scottish folk music.
(b) Bluegras music.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Jazz music.
4. Why had people not originally approved of Ray Price's rendition of "For the Good Times"?
(a) It was about an extramarital affair.
(b) He used a full orchestra.
(c) He recorded it outside Nashville.
(d) He refused to sing on the Grand Ole Opry.
5. Which performer did Johnny recall as being a perfectionist but not being rude about it?
(a) Kris Kristofferson.
(b) Ray Charles.
(c) Waylon Jennings.
(d) Willie Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny feel limited his success in his early career?
2. Which performer did Johnny note as liking the same kind of music Johnny did?
3. Who was the female singer who partnered with Porter Wagoner?
4. What memory does Johnny recall about the person in #174?
5. Johnny had a real ability to __________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)