|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what show did Johnny and his band perform in 1955?
(a) Grand Ole Opry.
(b) Louisiana Hayride.
(c) Arkansas Cotton Ball.
(d) Branson Hit Parade.
2. In what American state did Johnny Cash's ancestors eventually settle?
(c) South Carolina.
3. Which celebrity once told Johnny that "The higher up the ladder you get, the brighter your ass shines."?
(a) Minnie Pearl.
(b) Ernest Tubb.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Ed Sullivan.
4. What did Johnny learn from the vocal teacher?
(a) He needed to develop a broader range.
(b) Not to let anyone change his voice.
(c) He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(d) He was wasting his mother's money.
5. Which of his brothers was Johnny's hero?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Johnny get his love of music?
2. Johnny stated that he lacked an all-consuming love of _____________ for which he was grateful.
3. What was the name of Johnny's band in the city in #52?
4. What did Johnny think about the abilities of himself and his band in the early days?
5. What did Johnny's father think about his love of music?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)