|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Warren Commission conclude about the three shots fired at Kennedy?
2. When did Ruby die?
3. Why was Ruby running the Vegas Club according to Chapter 16?
4. Where was Ruby going when he stopped at the police headquarters in Chapter 16?
5. When was Clay Shaw acquitted of the conspiracy charge presented in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on March 1, 1967?
2. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
3. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
4. How much time did Oswald need?
5. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
6. Who was Jack Ruby?
7. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
8. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
9. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
10. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Posner says that many of the witnesses that claim seeing multiple gunmen only contacted the authorities years later. Why would a witness wait to describe what the events? Discuss the difficulty in taking accounts from witnesses years after the fact, as well as advantages and disadvantages. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)