|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ruby in Dallas according to Chapter 16?
2. When were the expended shells found in the Texas Book Depository Building?
3. What does Posner think was clear about Oswald actions?
4. What does Posner say the conspiracy theory and controversy led to?
5. What TV network started investigating Garrison after he arrested Clay Shaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
2. What happened on March 1, 1967?
3. What did the Warren Commission assume?
4. How much time did Oswald need?
5. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
6. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
7. What did the Gallop Poll say according to Chapter 17?
8. What did NBC begin to expose?
9. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
10. What does Posner point out about Oswald's plan in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Lee spent time in both an orphanage and was ordered to spend time in the juvenile system. How was the institution for youth at the end of the 1950's? Did it contribute to problems or help prevent them? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)