|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was present when Oswald arrived at his rooming house after the shooting?
2. Who led the questioning of Oswald?
3. What does Posner point out at the start of Chapter 12?
4. How many members did the fact finding commission created by Johnson have?
5. Where did Ruby buy some goods from after visiting his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
2. What did many early critics believe about the assassination and what did it lead to?
3. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
4. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
5. What did NBC begin to expose?
6. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
7. What did they find in the garage at the Paine house?
8. How much time did Oswald need?
9. What was required after Air Force One was boarded?
10. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee spent time in both an orphanage and was ordered to spend time in the juvenile system. How was the institution for youth at the end of the 1950's? Did it contribute to problems or help prevent them? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The assassination of Kennedy is one of the main topics for conspiracy theorists. Do you think the second investigation was conducted too lightly and reignited the conspiracies? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)