|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Oswald grab a jacket according to Chapter 12?
2. What was the name of the police officer that first arrived at the Texas Book Depository?
3. When was Clay Shaw acquitted of the conspiracy charge presented in Chapter 18?
4. What was Oswald's rifle wrapped in according to Chapter 12?
5. Where did the Warren Commission assume the first shot hit Kennedy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)