|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posner say of Oswald's attitude during the interrogation?
2. Who claimed to have seen Ruby at the Parkland Hospital after the assassination?
3. Who was Jim Garrison interested in during his investigation of Kennedy's death?
4. Who performed Kennedy's autopsy?
5. Why did Oswald grab a jacket according to Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
2. What was happening to Governor Connally and how was it significant?
3. How much time did Oswald need?
4. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
5. What did many early critics believe about the assassination and what did it lead to?
6. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
7. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
8. What did Ruby deny until his death?
9. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
10. What was required after Air Force One was boarded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)