|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversy did Posner mention about the bullet?
2. What does Posner say of Jim Garrison in Chapter 18?
3. Who was present when Oswald arrived at his rooming house after the shooting?
4. What does Posner say Jim Garrison concluded on Carlos Marcello before taking on the investigation on Kennedy's assassination?
5. Where did Marina think Oswald's rifle was according to Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
2. Who was Jack Ruby?
3. What did Ruby deny until his death?
4. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
5. What was required after Air Force One was boarded?
6. Who was David Ferrie and why was Garrison interested in Ferrie?
7. What did Ruby do when Oswald was being transferred?
8. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
9. What was happening to Governor Connally and how was it significant?
10. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)