|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who headed the fact finding commission created by Johnson?
2. Where did Ruby have dinner on November 21, 1963 with some friends?
3. Why was the Zapruder film not able to provide all the answers about the location of the shots?
4. Where did Ruby buy some goods from after visiting his sister?
5. What controversy did Posner mention about the bullet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Posner point out about Oswald's plan in Chapter 12?
2. How much time did Oswald need?
3. What was required after Air Force One was boarded?
4. What did Ruby deny until his death?
5. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
6. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
7. What were two controversial issues according to Posner in Chapter 14?
8. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
9. What did failure analysis indicate?
10. Who was Jack Ruby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lee Harvey Oswald worked on a Cuba campaign and applied for a Cuban passport through Mexico. Students should discuss the events in Cuba during the 1950's and how it impacted Oswald's decisions. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)