|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnessed Oswald fleeing the scene of Officer Tippit's murder?
2. When did Ruby leave the apartment on the Sunday following the assassination of Kennedy?
3. When did Air Force one land at Andrews Air Force Base?
4. How many pages was the report released by the fact finding commission?
5. What did Texas law require because of Kennedy's violent death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ruby deny until his death?
2. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
3. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
4. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
5. What did many early critics believe about the assassination and what did it lead to?
6. What did Ruby do when Oswald was being transferred?
7. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
8. What did the Warren Commission assume?
9. Who was David Ferrie and why was Garrison interested in Ferrie?
10. What happened on March 1, 1967?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
President Kennedy's assassination heavily impacted the people of the United States. Discuss the impact of the assassination on American life, such as fear, changes in government, and other affects. Students should use the text, secondary sources, interviews and other methods in order to support the discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The assassination of Kennedy is one of the main topics for conspiracy theorists. Do you think the second investigation was conducted too lightly and reignited the conspiracies? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)