|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first priority of the interrogators talking to Oswald?
2. Who witnessed Oswald fleeing the scene of Officer Tippit's murder?
3. How many controversial issues did Posner mention in Chapter 14?
4. Where did Ruby buy some goods from after visiting his sister?
5. What does Posner point out at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did NBC begin to expose?
2. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
3. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
4. What did the Warren Commission assume?
5. What did Ruby deny until his death?
6. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
7. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
8. What were two controversial issues according to Posner in Chapter 14?
9. What does Posner point out about Oswald's plan in Chapter 12?
10. What did failure analysis indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oswald stalked and shot Walker and took a keen interest in General Walker prior to shooting President Kennedy. Despite shooting him, Oswald was never suspected. Discuss who General Walker was and analyze why Oswald had an interest in him. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lee Harvey Oswald worked on a Cuba campaign and applied for a Cuban passport through Mexico. Students should discuss the events in Cuba during the 1950's and how it impacted Oswald's decisions. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)