|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Johnson order for a fact finding mission to be created?
2. Who came under suspicion and were questioned after the assassination?
3. How many pages was the report released by the fact finding commission?
4. What fell off a gurney as Governor Connally was being taken to surgery?
5. What does Posner point out at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
2. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
3. What did the Gallop Poll say according to Chapter 17?
4. What were two controversial issues according to Posner in Chapter 14?
5. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
6. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
7. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
8. What happened on March 1, 1967?
9. What does Posner point out about Oswald's plan in Chapter 12?
10. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In September 1963, Oswald talked about how Kennedy should have been killed at the Bay of Pigs. Discuss the significance of the Bay of Pigs and analyze Oswald's thought process on Kennedy's policies. Students should use the text and secondary sources to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The shooting of president Kennedy had a profound impact on the American people, but also a profound impact on the Secret Service. How did the Secret Service change because of the assassination? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)