|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the questioning of Oswald start according to Chapter 15?
2. What was inserted through the bullet exit wound in Chapter 13?
3. What time was Kennedy's death announced?
4. What did Kennedy's electrocardiogram show according to the testimonies of the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
5. Who did Dean Andrews say Oswald came to his officer with in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
2. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
3. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
4. What did Ruby's friends say about him?
5. What happened on March 1, 1967?
6. What did the Gallop Poll say according to Chapter 17?
7. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
8. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
9. What did failure analysis indicate?
10. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans and was placed in an orphanage until his mother remarried. In the early 1950's, he was sent to a psychiatric evaluation and was released on probation until he was ordered to a residential treatment facility. Discuss the significance of his early diagnosis and analyze how this may have affected decisions in his adult life. Students should use the text to support their analysis.
Essay Topic 2
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)