|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Clay Shaw die?
2. What place did Jim Garrison think was the center for the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy?
3. What did the Warren Commission conclude about the three shots fired at Kennedy?
4. What is the name of the man standing next to the bullet mark on the curb?
5. What did Oswald deny during his interrogation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ruby's friends say about him?
2. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
3. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
4. What did failure analysis indicate?
5. How much time did Oswald need?
6. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
7. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
8. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
9. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
10. What did the Gallop Poll say according to Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
President Kennedy's assassination heavily impacted the people of the United States. Discuss the impact of the assassination on American life, such as fear, changes in government, and other affects. Students should use the text, secondary sources, interviews and other methods in order to support the discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The assassination of Kennedy is one of the main topics for conspiracy theorists. Do you think the second investigation was conducted too lightly and reignited the conspiracies? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)