|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses were heard by the fact finding commission?
2. Where did Ruby have dinner on November 21, 1963 with some friends?
3. When did Johnson order for a fact finding mission to be created?
4. When was Ruby in Dallas according to Chapter 16?
5. Whose influence did Jim Garrison investigate in New Orleans according to Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Jack Ruby?
2. What did they find in the garage at the Paine house?
3. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
4. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
5. What did the homicide captain do at 2:30 p.m. in Chapter 15 on the day of the assassination?
6. Who was Jim Garrison according to Chapter 18?
7. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
8. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
9. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
10. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee spent time in both an orphanage and was ordered to spend time in the juvenile system. How was the institution for youth at the end of the 1950's? Did it contribute to problems or help prevent them? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Posner analyzed Connally's reactions in conjunction with the Zapruder film, but Connally said that he was not hit by the first shot, even though his wife thought so. Discuss the significance of the failure analysis and what it indicated.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)