|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ruby buy some goods from after visiting his sister?
2. When did Texas announce it would hold a public court of inquiry into the assassination?
3. How many interrogators were present from different government branches according to Chapter 15?
4. What fell off a gurney as Governor Connally was being taken to surgery?
5. What TV network started investigating Garrison after he arrested Clay Shaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did failure analysis indicate?
2. How much time did Oswald need?
3. What was happening to Governor Connally and how was it significant?
4. What did many early critics believe about the assassination and what did it lead to?
5. What happened on March 1, 1967?
6. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
7. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
8. What did Ruby do when Oswald was being transferred?
9. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
10. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Oswald stalked and shot Walker and took a keen interest in General Walker prior to shooting President Kennedy. Despite shooting him, Oswald was never suspected. Discuss who General Walker was and analyze why Oswald had an interest in him. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)