|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was present when Oswald arrived at his rooming house after the shooting?
2. Why was the Zapruder film not able to provide all the answers about the location of the shots?
3. How many pages was the report released by the fact finding commission?
4. Who did Ruby buy sandwiches for in Chapter 16?
5. What does Posner point out at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
2. What does Posner point out about Oswald's plan in Chapter 12?
3. What was happening to Governor Connally and how was it significant?
4. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
5. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
6. What did Ruby do when Oswald was being transferred?
7. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
8. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
9. What happened on March 1, 1967?
10. What did they find in the garage at the Paine house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oswald stalked and shot Walker and took a keen interest in General Walker prior to shooting President Kennedy. Despite shooting him, Oswald was never suspected. Discuss who General Walker was and analyze why Oswald had an interest in him. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The Freedom of Information Act was formed after the Kennedy assassination and the 1970 House reinvestigation. Discuss the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act and discuss how the Kennedy assassination impacted the ability for the public to obtain government documents. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lee spent time in both an orphanage and was ordered to spend time in the juvenile system. How was the institution for youth at the end of the 1950's? Did it contribute to problems or help prevent them? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)