|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the assassination of Kennedy did Yuri Nosenko contact the Americans according to Chapter 3?
2. Who did Marina stay with while waiting for Oswald to find a job?
3. What does Chapter 8 say Oswald appeared in?
4. What is the name of Oswald's second daughter?
5. Where did Oswald go during lunch on November 22, 1963?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
2. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
3. According to Chapter 4, why did Oswald become disillusioned with the Soviet Union?
4. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
5. What does Chapter 7 say about conflicting evidence?
6. Who was Yuri Nosenko according to Chapter 3 and what did he say of Russia's opinion of Oswald?
7. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
8. Why could Oswald not leave the country according to Chapter 2?
9. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
10. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)