|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 8 say Oswald appeared in?
2. What did Oswald tell the witness mentioned at the start of Chapter 11 the long package was?
3. What address was stamped on his Cuban literature?
4. Who did Marina stay with while waiting for Oswald to find a job?
5. Where were Oswald and Ferrie according to some witnesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Yuri Nosenko according to Chapter 3 and what did he say of Russia's opinion of Oswald?
2. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
3. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
4. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
5. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
6. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
7. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
8. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
9. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
10. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
President Kennedy's assassination heavily impacted the people of the United States. Discuss the impact of the assassination on American life, such as fear, changes in government, and other affects. Students should use the text, secondary sources, interviews and other methods in order to support the discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)