|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Oswald start surveying in early 1963?
2. When did Oswald start the job at the Texas School Book Depository?
3. What did Oswald talk about doing to go to Cuba?
4. How many men did some witnesses believe were present in the sniper's nest?
5. What were the names on the pieces of identification carried by the man the police arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
2. According to Chapter 4, why did Oswald become disillusioned with the Soviet Union?
3. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
4. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
5. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
6. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
7. Why could Oswald not leave the country according to Chapter 2?
8. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
9. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
10. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Freedom of Information Act was formed after the Kennedy assassination and the 1970 House reinvestigation. Discuss the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act and discuss how the Kennedy assassination impacted the ability for the public to obtain government documents. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 2
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)