|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What FBI agent was assigned to Oswald's case after the FBI learned of his visit to the Soviet Embassy?
2. What was the main unknown for the American agents handling Nosenko?
3. Why did Oswald visit the Cuban embassy?
4. What happened to Oswald's relationship with Marina after their arrival in the U.S.?
5. What does the claim of Oswald being in Florida at the time of his bus trip raise the possibility of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Garrison's investigation find in Chapter 19?
2. Who was Jack Ruby?
3. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
4. Where was Jack Ruby at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy in Chapter 16?
5. What did people say about the number of shots?
6. Why did the FBI reopen its case on Oswald according to Chapter 6?
7. What was the first priority according to Chapter 15?
8. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
9. Why could Oswald not leave the country according to Chapter 2?
10. How much time did Oswald need?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Posner analyzed Connally's reactions in conjunction with the Zapruder film, but Connally said that he was not hit by the first shot, even though his wife thought so. Discuss the significance of the failure analysis and what it indicated.
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)