|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization did Oswald contact to open a branch in New Orleans?
2. Why did Oswald stay at the YMCA after returning to Dallas according to Chapter 10?
3. When was Oswald fired from his job at the Coffee Company?
4. Who was shot alongside President Kennedy as the motorcade passed the Texas School Book Depository building?
5. What did Michael Paine bring Oswald to see to try to show him that there were other ways of political activism than his own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Garrison's investigation find in Chapter 19?
2. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
3. What did Ruby deny until his death?
4. What event preceded Oswald beginning target practice again according to Chapter 8?
5. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
6. What did Ruby do when Oswald was being transferred?
7. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
8. What happened in the days after Oswald reached Moscow on October 16, 1959?
9. What was required after Air Force One was boarded?
10. What did NBC begin to expose?
Essay Topic 1
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,493 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)