|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Oswald arrive at Dallas according to Chapter 9?
2. How many men did some witnesses believe were present in the sniper's nest?
3. Where did Oswald go during lunch on November 22, 1963?
4. What was the main unknown for the American agents handling Nosenko?
5. What does the claim of Oswald being in Florida at the time of his bus trip raise the possibility of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did NBC begin to expose?
2. How did the Commission divide its tasks?
3. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
4. What did Lee tell Frazier about the package in Chapter 11?
5. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
6. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
7. Who was David Ferrie and why was Garrison interested in Ferrie?
8. What did Michael Paine want to show Oswald?
9. What does Posner say about the government documents in the Afterword?
10. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
This section contains 1,507 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)