|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oswald stay at the start of Chapter 7?
2. What was Oswald's wife's name according to Chapter 4?
3. What CIA agent interrogated Nosenko in the safe house?
4. Who did Oswald start surveying in early 1963?
5. Where did Oswald go after leaving New Orleans at the start of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
2. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
3. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
4. Who was Yuri Nosenko according to Chapter 3 and what did he say of Russia's opinion of Oswald?
5. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
6. What does Chapter 7 say about conflicting evidence?
7. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
8. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
9. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
10. What event preceded Oswald beginning target practice again according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Posner says that many of the witnesses that claim seeing multiple gunmen only contacted the authorities years later. Why would a witness wait to describe what the events? Discuss the difficulty in taking accounts from witnesses years after the fact, as well as advantages and disadvantages. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)