|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Oswald's job at Jaggars-Chiles-Strovall?
2. How long did Marina stay in the Oak Cliff apartment with Lee?
3. When was Oswald fired from his job at the Coffee Company?
4. When did Oswald arrive at Dallas according to Chapter 9?
5. When did Nosenko finally defect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
2. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
3. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
4. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
5. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
6. Why did the FBI reopen its case on Oswald according to Chapter 6?
7. What event preceded Oswald beginning target practice again according to Chapter 8?
8. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
9. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
10. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
In September 1963, Oswald talked about how Kennedy should have been killed at the Bay of Pigs. Discuss the significance of the Bay of Pigs and analyze Oswald's thought process on Kennedy's policies. Students should use the text and secondary sources to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)