|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oswald go during lunch on November 22, 1963?
2. What did Oswald purchase in January of 1963?
3. What did Oswald do on April 6, 1963?
4. When did Oswald leave for Europe after his tour as a Marine?
5. When was Oswald fired from his job at the Coffee Company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
2. What did the reports find when Congress authorized a new investigation?
3. What did the electrocardiogram show according to Chapter 13?
4. What was President Kennedy given prior to being pronounced dead?
5. What was discovered at the Dealey Plaza at 1:12 p.m.?
6. What happened when Tippit stopped Oswald?
7. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
8. What did Ruby's friends say about him?
9. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
10. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Jim Garrison was one man who opened his own investigation into the events leading up to President Kennedy's assassination. Discuss why Posner decided to focus on Garrison and analyze the impact of Garrison's theory on the American public. Use the text and secondary sources to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
The assassination of Kennedy is one of the main topics for conspiracy theorists. Do you think the second investigation was conducted too lightly and reignited the conspiracies? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)