|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the birth of his second daughter did Oswald start stalking General Walker again?
2. Who interviewed Oswald at the Soviet Embassy?
3. Who did Oswald start surveying in early 1963?
4. Who did Oswald spend the weekend of October 18, 1963 with?
5. Where did Oswald live in USSR according to Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
2. What event preceded Oswald beginning target practice again according to Chapter 8?
3. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
4. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
5. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
6. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
7. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
8. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
9. What happened in the days after Oswald reached Moscow on October 16, 1959?
10. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Posner says that many of the witnesses that claim seeing multiple gunmen only contacted the authorities years later. Why would a witness wait to describe what the events? Discuss the difficulty in taking accounts from witnesses years after the fact, as well as advantages and disadvantages. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The shooting of president Kennedy had a profound impact on the American people, but also a profound impact on the Secret Service. How did the Secret Service change because of the assassination? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)