|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the KGB prepared to do in case they found Nosenko?
2. How many men did some witnesses believe were present in the sniper's nest?
3. How long after the assassination of Kennedy did Yuri Nosenko contact the Americans according to Chapter 3?
4. Where did Oswald live in USSR according to Chapter 3?
5. Who was shot alongside President Kennedy as the motorcade passed the Texas School Book Depository building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could Oswald not leave the country according to Chapter 2?
2. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
3. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
4. What did people say about the number of shots?
5. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
6. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
7. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
8. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
9. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
10. Who was Yuri Nosenko according to Chapter 3 and what did he say of Russia's opinion of Oswald?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The shooting of president Kennedy had a profound impact on the American people, but also a profound impact on the Secret Service. How did the Secret Service change because of the assassination? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The Freedom of Information Act was formed after the Kennedy assassination and the 1970 House reinvestigation. Discuss the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act and discuss how the Kennedy assassination impacted the ability for the public to obtain government documents. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Marina knew that Lee had tried to kill General Walker. Analyze Oswald's actions, as well as Marina's actions in relation to General Walker. Use the text to support your argument.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)