|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Oswald only friend?
2. What did Oswald talk about doing to go to Cuba?
3. How many siblings did Oswald have at the time of his father's death?
4. What happened to Oswald's relationship with Marina after their arrival in the U.S.?
5. What CIA agent interrogated Nosenko in the safe house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
2. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
3. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
4. What did people say about the number of shots?
5. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
6. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
7. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
8. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
9. What event preceded Oswald beginning target practice again according to Chapter 8?
10. What happened in the days after Oswald reached Moscow on October 16, 1959?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Oswald stalked and shot Walker and took a keen interest in General Walker prior to shooting President Kennedy. Despite shooting him, Oswald was never suspected. Discuss who General Walker was and analyze why Oswald had an interest in him. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lee Harvey Oswald worked on a Cuba campaign and applied for a Cuban passport through Mexico. Students should discuss the events in Cuba during the 1950's and how it impacted Oswald's decisions. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)