|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory involving a lady was put forth following the assassination?
2. How many shots did most of the witnesses testify hearing?
3. What did Oswald's coworkers tell him about the morning of November 22, 1963?
4. What was the name of Oswald only friend?
5. What did Oswald spend time doing in the morning of November 22, 1963?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
2. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
3. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
4. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
5. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
6. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
7. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
8. Who was Yuri Nosenko according to Chapter 3 and what did he say of Russia's opinion of Oswald?
9. What did Michael Paine want to show Oswald?
10. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Lee was both interested in Communism and the Marines when those two interests seem contradictory? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The second investigation authorized by Congress looked into the involvement of organized crime as a possible source for a conspiracy. Discuss why the Warren Commission did not look into organized crime during their investigation and why it was considered as plausible when the House reopened the investigation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)