|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the claim of Oswald being in Florida at the time of his bus trip raise the possibility of?
2. What did Mary Bledsoe tell Oswald as he was leaving the boarding home he lived at for a weekend with Marina?
3. Who did Oswald try to infiltrate according to Chapter 8?
4. What was Marina happy about when Oswald contacted her at the start of Chapter 10?
5. What were Nosenko's interrogators trying to have him confess in the year following his defection?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
2. What did Lee tell Frazier about the package in Chapter 11?
3. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
4. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
5. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
6. What did Michael Paine want to show Oswald?
7. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
8. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
9. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
10. What happened in the days after Oswald reached Moscow on October 16, 1959?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans and was placed in an orphanage until his mother remarried. In the early 1950's, he was sent to a psychiatric evaluation and was released on probation until he was ordered to a residential treatment facility. Discuss the significance of his early diagnosis and analyze how this may have affected decisions in his adult life. Students should use the text to support their analysis.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)