|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael Paine bring Oswald to see to try to show him that there were other ways of political activism than his own?
2. Why were the witnesses claiming to have seen smoke coming from the grassy knoll area dismissed?
3. Who did Marina stay with while waiting for Oswald to find a job?
4. What was the name of Oswald only friend?
5. What did Oswald's coworkers tell him about the morning of November 22, 1963?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
2. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
3. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
4. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
5. What happened in the days after Oswald reached Moscow on October 16, 1959?
6. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
7. What does Chapter 8 say about Marina's concern?
8. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
9. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
10. Why did the FBI reopen its case on Oswald according to Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans and was placed in an orphanage until his mother remarried. In the early 1950's, he was sent to a psychiatric evaluation and was released on probation until he was ordered to a residential treatment facility. Discuss the significance of his early diagnosis and analyze how this may have affected decisions in his adult life. Students should use the text to support their analysis.
Essay Topic 3
The shooting of president Kennedy had a profound impact on the American people, but also a profound impact on the Secret Service. How did the Secret Service change because of the assassination? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)