|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the assassination of President Kennedy did the police track down the killer according to Chapter 1?
2. What was Oswald's first bus stop according to Chapter 9?
3. What address was stamped on his Cuban literature?
4. What was the KGB prepared to do in case they found Nosenko?
5. When did Oswald start the job at the Texas School Book Depository?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
2. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
3. Where did Oswald stay at first according to Chapter 10?
4. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
5. Why did the FBI reopen its case on Oswald according to Chapter 6?
6. What does Chapter 7 say about conflicting evidence?
7. What does Chapter 6 say Lee forced Marina to do?
8. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
9. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
10. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the assassination attempt, Oswald killed Officer Tippit and ran away from the scene of the murder. Posner thinks that Oswald wanted to escape and that the assassination was not a suicide mission. Why didn't Oswald try to leave town or stay hidden somewhere? Why do you think Oswald went back to his rooming house? What does this demonstrate about Oswald and his plan? Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans and was placed in an orphanage until his mother remarried. In the early 1950's, he was sent to a psychiatric evaluation and was released on probation until he was ordered to a residential treatment facility. Discuss the significance of his early diagnosis and analyze how this may have affected decisions in his adult life. Students should use the text to support their analysis.
Essay Topic 3
The shooting of president Kennedy had a profound impact on the American people, but also a profound impact on the Secret Service. How did the Secret Service change because of the assassination? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)