|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names on the pieces of identification carried by the man the police arrested?
2. What did Oswald score well with in the Marines according to Chapter 2?
3. What does the claim of Oswald being in Florida at the time of his bus trip raise the possibility of?
4. Where was Nosenko questioned by the CIA?
5. What did many eye witnesses testify seeing in the sixth floor window of the Texas School Book Depository building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
2. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
3. Where did the Oswalds go in June 1962?
4. How does Chapter 2 describe Oswald's military career?
5. What does Chapter 7 say about conflicting evidence?
6. What did people say about the number of shots?
7. When Oswald obtained a job working in photography, what did he do according to Chapter 5?
8. What did Oswald do in Mexico City?
9. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
10. What did Lee tell Frazier about the package in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Approximately 10 months after President Kennedy's assassination, the Warren Commission delivered an 888 page report, which concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered President Kennedy, acting single-handedly without assistance from others. Discuss the purpose of the Warren Commission and the conclusions which they drew. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Posner analyzed Connally's reactions in conjunction with the Zapruder film, but Connally said that he was not hit by the first shot, even though his wife thought so. Discuss the significance of the failure analysis and what it indicated.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)