|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main unknown for the American agents handling Nosenko?
2. What did Oswald force Marina to do in Chapter 6?
3. When was Oswald fired from his job at the Coffee Company?
4. What did Oswald tell the KGB agent interviewing him at the Soviet Embassy?
5. Who reopened its file on Oswald after they learned he subscribed to Communist journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was James Hosty and what did he want?
2. Who was Lee Harvey Oswald raised by according to the author, cited in Chapter 1?
3. What did Annie Odio say about Oswald?
4. Why did the FBI reopen its case on Oswald according to Chapter 6?
5. What happened within an hour of President Kennedy's assassination according to Chapter 1?
6. What happened as the motorcade went through Dealey Plaza?
7. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
8. What did the Russian community tell Marina according to Chapter 5?
9. Why could Oswald not leave the country according to Chapter 2?
10. What did Ruth find when she tried to call Lee in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Freedom of Information Act was formed after the Kennedy assassination and the 1970 House reinvestigation. Discuss the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act and discuss how the Kennedy assassination impacted the ability for the public to obtain government documents. Students should use the text to support their discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Posner says that many of the witnesses that claim seeing multiple gunmen only contacted the authorities years later. Why would a witness wait to describe what the events? Discuss the difficulty in taking accounts from witnesses years after the fact, as well as advantages and disadvantages. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)