|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Oswald his job at the Texas School Book Depository?
2. What does the claim of Oswald being in Florida at the time of his bus trip raise the possibility of?
3. Why did Oswald stay at the YMCA after returning to Dallas according to Chapter 10?
4. When did Oswald leave New Orleans at the start of Chapter 9?
5. Who interviewed Oswald a few days after his return from the USSR?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Posner say about the government documents in the Afterword?
2. What did Lee do on September 25, 1963 according to Chapter 9?
3. Who was David Ferrie and why was Garrison interested in Ferrie?
4. What does Posner point out about ammunition?
5. According to Chapter 4, why did Oswald become disillusioned with the Soviet Union?
6. What did NBC begin to expose?
7. What did Lee tell Frazier about the package in Chapter 11?
8. Who did Lee contact by the end of May in Chapter 7?
9. What did the Kennedy family refuse to release?
10. What did Oswald's behavior lead Marina to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media had a significant impact on the perpetuation of conspiracy theories, but also had a role in exposing Garrison's investigation tactics. Examine the role of the media prior to, during, and after the assassination of President Kennedy and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the media's influence on American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
In the Afterword of Case Closed, Posner says that despite government documents being released after the publication of his book, he still maintains that Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy. Analyze Posner's conclusion and discuss whether or not you agree with his theory. Use the text and other sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What was the main appeal of Communism in the 1950's? How was Communism portrayed in propaganda? Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,497 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)