Chapters 1 and 2
• Chapter 1. Lee Harvey Oswald was born in New Orleans in 1938.
• Oswald's father died two month before his birth.
• Oswald's mother Marguerite raised him.
• Oswald had two brothers.
• Oswald lived in New York before moving to New Orleans to avoid Oswald's placement in a home for disturbed boys.
• Lee Harvey Oswald joined the Marines at age 17.
• Chapter 2. Oswald scored well as a sharpshooter.
• Oswald was described as a loner.
• Oswald spent time in Japan, Philippines and Indonesia.
• Oswald started thinking about defecting to USSR.
Chapters 3 and 4
• Chapter 3. Yuri Nosenko was a KGB officer.
• Nosenko contacted the Americans 2 months after Kennedy's assassination.
• Nosenko said the Russians considered Oswald a mental misfit.
• Nosenko said Russia had little to do with Oswald after his defection.
• The CIA wasn't sure he was a bona fide defector or a KGB plant.
• Nosenko finally defected in 1964.
• Lee Harvey Oswald application for...
This section contains 1,943 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)