|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
2. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
3. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
4. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
2. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
3. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
4. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
5. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
6. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
7. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
8. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
9. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
10. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book took place during World War I. How did this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the people in it?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of Carver's main talents, and how did these affect his success throughout his life?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)