|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
2. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
4. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
5. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
3. How did Carver die?
4. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
5. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
6. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
7. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
8. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
9. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
10. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Carver and Sarah end, and why? How did this affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book took place during World War I. How did this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the people in it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)