|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
2. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
3. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
4. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
5. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
2. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
3. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
4. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
5. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
6. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
7. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
8. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
9. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
10. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how was it presented?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What were the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the tone of the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)