|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
2. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
3. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
4. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
5. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
2. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
3. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
4. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
5. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
6. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
7. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
8. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
9. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
10. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Marilyn Nelson. What were some of these symbols, and how did their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book took place during World War I. How did this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the people in it?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes was quite a significant theme in this book. What were these classes, and how did this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)