|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
2. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
3. What was Curtis's first name?
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. When did Booker T. Washington die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these people, and how did their sacrifices affect the other people around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward?
Essay Topic 2
How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Marilyn Nelson. What were some of these symbols, and how did their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)