|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
4. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
5. How did Carver feel about sewing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
2. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
3. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
4. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
5. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
6. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
7. How did Carver die?
8. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
9. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
10. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy was a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What were some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education were topics of discussion in this book. Where did these topics appear in this book, and what affect did they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)