|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
4. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
5. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
2. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
3. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
4. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
5. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
6. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
7. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
8. How did Carver die?
9. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
10. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of Carver's main talents, and how did these affect his success throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Carver differ from most of the people around him, and how did he deal with these differences?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)