|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
2. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
3. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
4. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
5. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
2. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
3. What was "Moton Field" about?
4. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
5. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
6. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
7. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
8. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
9. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
10. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection was a strong theme in this story. Where did this theme appear, and which people were most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of Carver's main talents, and how did these affect his success throughout his life?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)