|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
2. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
3. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
4. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
5. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
2. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
3. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
4. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
5. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
6. How did Carver die?
7. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
8. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
9. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
10. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how was it presented?
Essay Topic 3
Many people in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these people, and how did their sacrifices affect the other people around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)