|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
2. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
3. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
4. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
5. How did Carver feel about sewing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
2. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
3. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
4. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
5. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
6. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
7. What was "Moton Field" about?
8. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
9. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
10. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how was it presented?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)