|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
2. What was Hardwick's first name?
3. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
4. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
5. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
2. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
3. What was "Moton Field" about?
4. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
5. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
6. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
7. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
8. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
9. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
10. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Carver's main talents, and how did these affect his success throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education were topics of discussion in this book. Where did these topics appear in this book, and what affect did they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)