|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
2. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
3. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
4. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
5. Who did Carver write to about Curtis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
2. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
3. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
4. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
6. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
7. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
8. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
9. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
10. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How was Carver's upbringing unique for the time, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)