|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
2. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
3. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
4. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
5. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
2. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
3. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
4. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
5. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
6. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
7. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
8. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
9. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
10. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book took place during World War I. How did this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the people in it?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity was a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and was manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)