|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
2. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
3. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
Essay Topic 1
Human nature was a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where did this symbol appear, and what role did it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Maturity was a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and was manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)