|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
2. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
3. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
4. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
5. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
2. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
3. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
4. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
5. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
6. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
7. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
8. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
9. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
10. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What were the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
Essay Topic 3
How was Carver's upbringing unique for the time, and how did he respond to this?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)