Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. Who was "1905" about?
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
5. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
2. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
3. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
6. What was "Drifter" about?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
8. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
9. What is Egyptian Blue?
10. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy was a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What were some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author use poems to present this life story, and what are some of the good and bad sides to this unique form of narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the people in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)