|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
2. What religious group did Carver join in college?
3. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
4. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
5. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
2. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
3. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
4. What gave Carver hope in "Poultry Husbandry"?
5. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
6. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
7. What is Egyptian Blue?
8. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
9. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
10. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how was it presented?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
Essay Topic 3
Protection was a strong theme in this story. Where did this theme appear, and which people were most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)