Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. Who was "1905" about?
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
5. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
2. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
3. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
6. What was "Drifter" about?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
8. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
9. What is Egyptian Blue?
10. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Carver's main talents, and how did these affect his success throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes was quite a significant theme in this book. What were these classes, and how did this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)