|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
2. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
3. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
4. What was Carver's nickname in College?
5. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
2. What was "Moton Field" about?
3. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
4. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
5. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
6. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
7. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
8. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
9. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
10. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the inventions and advances made by Carver that we are still enjoying today, and how did these come to be?
Essay Topic 2
Protection was a strong theme in this story. Where did this theme appear, and which people were most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
How did Carver differ from most of the people around him, and how did he deal with these differences?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)