|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
2. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
3. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
4. What society in College did Carver organize?
5. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
2. What is "Cercospora" about?
3. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
4. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
5. What is Egyptian Blue?
6. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
7. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
8. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
9. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
10. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
Essay Topic 1
Protection was a strong theme in this story. Where did this theme appear, and which people were most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes was quite a significant theme in this book. What were these classes, and how did this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
This book took place during World War I. How did this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the people in it?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)