Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. Who was "1905" about?
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
5. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
2. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
3. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
6. What was "Drifter" about?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
8. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
9. What is Egyptian Blue?
10. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
Diversity and discrimination were two major and related themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how did they work together to propel the plot of the book?
How did Carver differ from most of the people around him, and how did he deal with these differences?
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how was it presented?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)